49ers

Heim

EOG Master
I'm a little surprised there is no trade partner for Garopollo. SF will probably have to eat most
of that contract once WK1 starts.

However, it might be a blessing in disguise.

Did Lance look ready last night?

Heim

EOG Master
Garoppolo’s fully-guaranteed $24.2 million salary isn’t due until Sept. 10. That gives San Francisco 11 days after the deadline to keep Garoppolo in their building without a major financial commitment.

Interesting dilemma for Niners. Teams are probably waiting for him to get cut, OTOH, they could keep him if Lance
rumbles, stumbles, and bumbles early.

kane

EOG master
I've heard Sea wants Jimmy G, but the Niners won't trade in the division and they play Sea week 2, I think I heard they might release him after week 2 so they don't possibly face him, the teams meet on the 18th

kane

EOG master
Interesting dilemma for Niners. Teams are probably waiting for him to get cut, OTOH, they could keep him if Lance
No way they keep him, Jimmy G's fate was sealed the moment Goodell called Lance's name at the draft. By keeping Jimmy, Lance will always be looking over his shoulder, always wondering if/when he might get pulled, for better or worse this is now Lance's team going forward

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Garoppolo’s fully-guaranteed $24.2 million salary isn’t due until Sept. 10. That gives San Francisco 11 days after the deadline to keep Garoppolo in their building without a major financial commitment.

Jimmy G and the 49ers agreed to a restructured one-year contract that will keep the QB in San Francisco this season per:

Wow did this work out for both parties or what? 49r's just freed up a shit load of money and also made it much easier to trade him, although it would have to be somewhere Jimmy would want to go and if that doesn't happen they have the best backup QB in football. Jimmy is now guaranteed to be a FA next year. Win win.

kane

EOG master
No way they keep him, Jimmy G's fate was sealed the moment Goodell called Lance's name at the draft. By keeping Jimmy, Lance will always be looking over his shoulder, always wondering if/when he might get pulled, for better or worse this is now Lance's team going forward
I take the L on this one. I guess I'm in the minority but I think they're making a mistake, now every time the kid makes a bad throw he'll be looking over his shoulder, and it could also divide the team, there's no doubt Jimmy G has some support in the locker room, and if they start the season poorly and the kid is struggling it creates a tough situation, they should have traded him by now, instead he'll leave at season's end and get nothing in return

I take the L on this one. I guess I'm in the minority but I think they're making a mistake, now every time the kid makes a bad throw he'll be looking over his shoulder, and it could also divide the team, there's no doubt Jimmy G has some support in the locker room, and if they start the season poorly and the kid is struggling it creates a tough situation, they should have traded him by now, instead he'll leave at season's end and get nothing in return
Traded him to who? They were either going to have to eat a lot of dough or just cut him. Why people are assuming this has anything to do with their confidence in Lance or that he still won't be traded is beyond me.

kane

EOG master
Traded him to who? They were either going to have to eat a lot of dough or just cut him. Why people are assuming this has anything to do with their confidence in Lance or that he still won't be traded is beyond me.
There were several teams looking for a QB this offseason, and the only way he gets traded is if he agrees to the trade, the Niners don't get to make that decision. Like I said, I take the L here, but at some point during the season if Lance struggles and there's controversy within the team who the QB should be, I'll be back to bump my post

There were several teams looking for a QB this offseason, and the only way he gets traded is if he agrees to the trade, the Niners don't get to make that decision. Like I said, I take the L here, but at some point during the season if Lance struggles and there's controversy within the team who the QB should be, I'll be back to bump my post
The real loser is the Seahawks!

Heim

EOG Master

Lance had mixed results in NFLX. It has to be part of the equation, moreover the possibility of injury because of his ability to run.

They're a legit SB contender. Any default by Lance for whatever reason, they're done.

Jimmy did them a favor, that contract was guaranteed. Good Italian boy that eats at Subway.

kane

EOG master
Lance is annoyed now, just wait if he struggles to start the season and half the locker room wants Jimmy G

Heim

EOG Master
This is not a good situation. You had a Qb practicing on his own on a separate field waiting to
be moved. Lance was treated like a movie star on Rodeo Drive.

Now the re-structuring and Lance's VIP credentials are pulled.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Let's not forget. Lance started 2 games last season. 2nd game....injured.

Trey Lance injured again.

Out for the season with a broken ankle.

Jimmy G now takes over.

Brock Purdy will serve as Jimmy's backup.

Purdy was no good at Iowa State!

Heim

EOG Master
Trey Lance injured again.

Out for the season with a broken ankle.

Jimmy G now takes over.

Brock Purdy will serve as Jimmy's backup.

Purdy was no good at Iowa State!

I'm getting a sneaky suspicion Lance might have played
his last downs for Frisco.

Heim

EOG Master
I think SF brass realized again, Jimmy G is not the answer. They almost have to give Lance a chance
again next year, with SF back were they started this year.

IMO 9ers have more talent than Rams but Jimmy G doesn't have the it factor Stafford has.

Heim

EOG Master
Oh my, Trent Williams now out for a month.

Jimmy G probably choked on his Subway sandwich when
the news broke.

railbird

EOG Master
I think SF brass realized again, Jimmy G is not the answer. They almost have to give Lance a chance
again next year, with SF back were they started this year.

IMO 9ers have more talent than Rams but Jimmy G doesn't have the it factor Stafford has.
stafford is an int machine, no it factor either. 49 ers should hire an offensive coordianter and qb. Doug Flutie and Joe Pendry were a great team