5Dimes poker attempts to steal $53k bad beat jackpot, eventually pays

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
https://pokerfraud.com/forum/showth...Poker-is-stealing-54-thousand-dollars-from-me

Cliffs: A guy hit the bad beat jackpot shortly after Christmas, only to have 5D confiscate not only the jackpot, but the rest of his roll. Of course, the $53k was NOT added back to the new BBJ.

Apparently "Pablo" initially built his roll 3 years or so ago playing various freerolls, but has been a regular cash player since, estimating he paid about $2k in rake over that period.

5Dimes' reasoning for not paying out was that "Pablo" had never deposited on the site, playing all those years simply running up his freeroll winnings. They claimed this was considered "abuse of bonuses," and told "Pablo" he was in direct violation of their TOS.

"Pablo" was smart and got word out about this quickly to as many poker forums as possible, as well as SBR. He also saved all chat logs, etc., and you can find all those in the link above. Some of them are just pure LOL.

Eventually it was discovered through Google Cache that 5D had added the "bonus abuse" language to their TOS only AFTER "Pablo" had hit the BBJ and had his funds confiscated.

Once confronted with this, and the fact that mainstream poker news sites were starting to pick up the story, they paid up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if this would have happened were Tony still around. From what I can tell, one thing he wasn't was a thief....

railbird

EOG Master
https://pokerfraud.com/forum/showth...Poker-is-stealing-54-thousand-dollars-from-me

Cliffs: A guy hit the bad beat jackpot shortly after Christmas, only to have 5D confiscate not only the jackpot, but the rest of his roll. Of course, the $53k was NOT added back to the new BBJ.

Apparently "Pablo" initially built his roll 3 years or so ago playing various freerolls, but has been a regular cash player since, estimating he paid about $2k in rake over that period.

5Dimes' reasoning for not paying out was that "Pablo" had never deposited on the site, playing all those years simply running up his freeroll winnings. They claimed this was considered "abuse of bonuses," and told "Pablo" he was in direct violation of their TOS.

"Pablo" was smart and got word out about this quickly to as many poker forums as possible, as well as SBR. He also saved all chat logs, etc., and you can find all those in the link above. Some of them are just pure LOL.

Eventually it was discovered through Google Cache that 5D had added the "bonus abuse" language to their TOS only AFTER "Pablo" had hit the BBJ and had his funds confiscated.

Once confronted with this, and the fact that mainstream poker news sites were starting to pick up the story, they paid up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if this would have happened were Tony still around. From what I can tell, one thing he wasn't was a thief....
disagree, this is the culture tony created

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
People can talk crap about these sites in general but without them this guy probably never gets paid.....

They don't have the same clout they used to have, BW when it first opened, RX around 2000 or so, questionable agenda of SBR to this very day..... b

But the fact EOG, OGD and others are still here is a plus for post up players.

No telling how much money has been saved for players through the years by giving a voice to people who got fucked.

Make no mistake, 5Dimes intended to steal this money from day one. Glad to see the right thing (eventually) done.