670 the Scores Dan McNeil canceled

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I know we have a lot of guys that listen to the Chicago Market radio, like Fairwarning and I.

just read about Dan McNeil's tweet about Maria Taylor's MNF outfit, and logged on to listen to Dan and Dan's take on it.

Laurence Holmes just announced that McNeil is no longer with the score.

seems a bit too much for a joke about a girl's outfit

woke cancel culture going crazy again.

will be intesting to hear what Parkins has to say. Off course he'll bow down to the libtard left. But the score will get more backlash from their listeners for dismissing McNeil over this bull shit.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...0200915-pqoqgqsvwfdevoj5dyccgfzacq-story.html

https://www.radio.com/670thescore/shows/show-schedule

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
McNeil has had many struggles with addiction and mental illness in the past, even in the good times.

I would not be surprised to hear of him turning up dead or in a bad bad way in the next year or two after this firing.

hopefully he just moves onto to enjoy rock and roll, spending time with his family, especially his severly autistic son, and fishing

damn shame. McNeil had really changed his ways and been bending over backward, sometimes it seems painfully so. To indulge lefty Parkins, Bernstein, and Holme's over the past years. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks but if they mess the trick up one time. you put them down

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
That sucks, but hardly a surprise. In a industry that is getting killed, he was pulling in some big bucks.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I saw her pic, it really wasn’t the most professional. I didn’t know anything about this until just now.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
bernstein should be cancled for his tweet about Aiyana Cristal a few years back. if memory serves he had like 2 days suspension or something weak

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Dan McNeil's offhanded attempt at humor backfired badly.

Old white guys in the media need to be extra careful about being edgy these days, especially in these tough economic times.

I never connected with McNeil or any of his views on sports.

"Bombastic" doesn't play well in the minds of gamblers looking for betting insight/information.

Dan McNeil was 59.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I appreciate Dan Bernstein's sports insight and ignore his views on everything else.

I've noticed Danny Parkins leaning left the past year or so.

Nothing worse than politics or ideology getting in the way of a good sports opinion.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I appreciate Dan Bernstein's sports insight and ignore his views on everything else.

I've noticed Danny Parkins leaning left the past year or so.

Nothing worse than politics or ideology getting in the way of a good sports opinion.
Few in the industry are right wingers, PC and cancel culture weeds them all out. I hate it when Bernstein scolds the listener on what they should do. Of course it’s the NBA people in this industry that do it the most.

blueline

EOG Master
McNeil was a buffoon and didnt try to hide it. He was open about his personal demons.
He talked about his personal gambling before it was " ok" to do so. When Makita died he thought Mikita was the M in the MPH line......uh no.
I liked the stories about his personal life more than the sports stuff.
He F'ed up and he of all people should have known better....see ya Dan

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
it's almost like people are saying that adult film awards or the adult film actors are bad, or their outfits are not acceptable 0

why couldn't it have been a compliment?

should 1 tweet end a career? do we really only want our public personalities on tv, print, radio, social media to all have to toe a line 100% of the time that is so deep in the sand that if they slip once, they fall into the abyss to never be heard from again?

going to lead to a bunch of boring robotic trained monkeys that are no longer real, earthy, relatable or interesting

MrTop

EOG Master
PC won't be going away . Corporations are getting rid of customers. PC comes before customers always right.. the new game in town.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I saw her pic, it really wasn’t the most professional. I didn’t know anything about this until just now.
His comments made me look her up to see her outfit.

His comment was way off as she was dressed more professional than street worker (not selling hot dogs).

Dumb comment.

but no way was it enough to relieve the guy from this job!

cancel culture is going to get trump re-election.

Valuist

EOG Master
bernstein should be cancled for his tweet about Aiyana Cristal a few years back. if memory serves he had like 2 days suspension or something weak

I seem to remember what Berstein said was much worse, although he got out of it by apologizing.

I haven't heard the Score since I left Chicago 5 years ago. I wasn't even aware McNeil was back. He and Boers did a show for years, then McNeil went to AM1000. Surprised a station who fired a guy would bring him back.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
WJOB will feature the broadcast of the Nebraska-Illinois game today.

It will be HOT in Champaign today.

blueline

EOG Master

if you type Danny in the search box it links to the video replay of his debut show

blueline

EOG Master
Says he was trying to get a 4K payout from a book but was only able to take out 2500 so now he is a BetRivers guy...who by the way is a sponsor

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Says he was trying to get a 4K payout from a book but was only able to take out 2500 so now he is a BetRivers guy...who by the way is a sponsor
Except he’s probably playing in Indiana. I doubt he’s crossing the border to play the Illinois BR - most likely the advertiser.

Each show could be his last, probably a good idea to tune in.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Years ago, Harry's father owned Kentucky Derby contender Cryptoclearance.

I assume BLUE already knows this fact.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Bad gambling advice is everywhere.

Many TVG viewers claim to watch the screen with the volume on MUTE.

blueline

EOG Master
from Jim O'Donnell:

Confirmation that Dan McNeil will be reunited with old mates Harry Teinowitz and John Jurkovic for a one-off on WMVP-AM (1000) March 24 only furthers speculation that McNeil is headed back to the station in an expanded presence. Teinowitz continues to fight the good fight against an array of serious medical maladies