A peek at what LeBron James would have looked like in college

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Zion Williamson lived above the rim last night against Indiana and he's a terror in transition.

He will be the first player selected in next June's NBA Draft.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Zion Williamson lived above the rim last night against Indiana and he's a terror in transition.

He will be the first player selected in next June's NBA Draft.

Ya think :)

Supposedly Zion is the 2nd best player on his team? I have no idea but if anyone gets drafted before this guy, I gotta check out that guy's game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Most mock drafts have the Duke trio going 1-2-3.

Zion also reminds me of Amare Stoudemire at the same age.

Man-child.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The NBA is at its best when force and finesse are featured prominently.

The force from some of the biggest and most athletic men in the world and the finesse from three-point shooters and master ballhandlers like Steph Curry and James Harden.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Too much force is not attractive (think Charles Barkley backing down an opponent with endless dribbles for a layup) and likewise, too much finesse is ugly when players incapable of long-range shooting launch shots from beyond the arc.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Most mock drafts have the Duke trio going 1-2-3.

Zion also reminds me of Amare Stoudemire at the same age.

Man-child.

I didn't know there was a triumvirate. I thought it was mainly him and RJ; supposedly the dude better than him.

I hereby Christen him, "Mount Zion."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Cam Reddish is the third wheel.

Coach K with an embarrassment of riches because Reddish was named both a McDonald's All-American and "Mr. Pennsylvania" last season.

Last edited:

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
I was watching ending of Maui vs. Gonzaga and the stud was hanging outside the 3 pt line?

You have your most dominant paint presence & rebounder out 20 ft from the bucket with the game on the line needing a basket to force OT ?

Thought he was either a decoy or uncoachable.

Last edited by a moderator:

kane

EOG master
Celtics on Sacramento's first rounder, just saying...

The C's get Sacramento's first round pick unless it's first overall, they also have Memphis's first round pick (top 8 protected) and the LAC first round pick (top 14 protected)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Just saw a video of LeBron's kid dunking during a game, he's 14 years old

That's the age (13 or 14) many NBA players say they started dunking.

Television doesn't properly portray the massive size and sheer strength of these NBA players.

#FreakAthletes

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Holtzman and OSU are a quiet sleeper for Lebrin’s kid

Good pull. Had to google Holtzman but I figured it was The Ohio State University. Time reveals all things and God willing I'll be here 4 years from now for the big reveal. During the interim, I'll be arguing w/ people, perhaps yourself included, to kill time until then :)

kane

EOG master
If Bronny is good enough to make the NBA, there's a great chance LeBron could either play with or against his son, that would be amazing to see

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If Bronny is good enough to make the NBA, there's a great chance LeBron could either play with or against his son, that would be amazing to see

Shades of Ken Griffey Sr. and Ken Griffey Jr.

Remember when they hit back-to-back homers for the Mariners?

Amazing.

For trivia buffs: Kirk McCaskill of the California Angels surrendered the historic home runs.

kane

EOG master
Shades of Ken Griffey Sr. and Ken Griffey Jr.

Remember when they hit back-to-back homers for the Mariners?

Amazing.

For trivia buffs: Kirk McCaskill of the California Angels surrendered the historic home runs.

Yes I do, I want to say the game was played in Anaheim, but not positive on that

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Scottie Pippen on ESPN recently called Zion Williamson the best NBA prospect since Michael Jordan.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Pippen once said, "I was LeBron James before LeBron James."

I LOVED Pippen's game.

But I don't care for Pippen off the court.

Same situation holds for guys like Dennis Rodman and Ron Artest (aka Metta World Peace).

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Sorry, but the best NBA prospect since Jordan was LeBron James, for all the hype Zion is getting, LeBron got more

LOL. I know. I wasn't even going to say anything. These guys are funny.

Oh yeah, fellas, BTW, MJ was drafted 3rd.