A travel note for DRINK

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
All Mormon missionaries are transferring out of Nicaragua.

Political unrest in the country just north of Costa Rica.

Nicaragua is on the brink of calamity.

Looks like I'll be heading to Panama this spring, not Nicaragua.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated
Re: A travel note for DRINK

Add calamity to my Eye On Ghosting dictionary. Safe travels for JK & Drinkthatmilkshake

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I hear Roberto Duran owns a restaurant in Panama and he often eats and drinks there.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

United rerouted our flights from Minaugua to Liberia and our host has arranged for armed security to bring us in safely. I will be safe as will my party we have been guaranteed. I will be on the beach in a resort about 30 miles from san juan del sur from the 12th to the 18th and will skip traveling by van to costa rica but instead will be flown privately to Liberia for my departure.

I've been to Nicaragua twice before and we booked this trip and fiesta in December. Ugh.
My mom called to tell me half jokingly that if kidnapped their ransom is going to have to be an awfully low bid.

We seem to only travel in these type of conditions. Went to Rio when it was in a state of chaos right before the Olympics and another friend had his wedding in Cancun 2 days following the cartel kidnappings happened.
I was planning a trip to vietnam for my 40th in November but am suddenly fine with skipping it.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
There is a danger of travel relating to Covid. After 10 months of wearing masks and doing social distancing, jounalists have pointed out that places like Los Angeles are still experiencing the dangers of Covid spread. I am afraid that politicians may have failed to listen closely to epidemiologists explaining "Herd Immunity" a complex topic, and have not allowed healthy low risk people to mix in society and become innoculated naturally. I am not a doctor but a video by London Real 9 months ago done by someone who consulted hi level biologists predicted the weaknesses of government policy. Simply wearing masks may work in Southeast Asia where the population had lots of exposure to various Asian flues and already had higher natural immunity compared to many Western countries. But clearly masks and social distance alone have been a failure in some regions.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
I have seen several epidemiologist on utube say that Vaccines have never been ready immediately and Herd Immunity has always been the way in the past to stop a new pandemic virus.

Last edited:

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Tedros may be talking about Virus' like measles and bacterial infections where we had years of experience to produce vaccines and treatments

God you would think with the 74 year old president, the rest of the white House contingency and hundreds of athletes all contracting it with little to no issues the public with finally come to their senses. But these idiots are actually doubling down on it. It's like I'm living in the fucking twilight zone. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I have seen several epidemiologist on utube say that Vaccines have never been ready immediately and Herd Immunity has always been the way in the past to stop a new pandemic virus.

“Never in the history of public health has herd immunity been used as a strategy for responding to an outbreak,” Tedros said.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7392956/coronavirus-herd-immunity-unethical-who/

"Herd immunity as coronavirus solution ‘simply unethical’...

"“Herd immunity is achieved by protecting people from a virus, not by exposing them to it,” he said. Some researchers have argued that allowing COVID-19 to spread in populations that are not obviously vulnerable will help build up herd immunity and is a more realistic way to stop the pandemic, instead of the restrictive lockdowns that have proved economically devastating.

“Never in the history of public health has herd immunity been used as a strategy for responding to an outbreak,” Tedros said.

Tedros said that too little was known about immunity to COVID-19 to know if herd immunity is even achievable.

“We have some clues, but we don’t have the complete picture,” he said, noting that WHO had documented instances of people becoming reinfected with coronavirus after recovering from an initial bout of the virus. Tedros said that while most people appear to develop some kind of immune response, it’s unclear how long that lasts or how robust that protection is — and that different people have varying responses.

“Allowing a dangerous virus that we don’t fully understand to run free is simply unethical,” he said.

WHO estimates less than 10% of the population has any immunity to the coronavirus, meaning the vast majority of the world remains susceptible.
Tedros also noted countries had reported record-high daily figures of COVID-19 to the U.N. health agency for the last four days, citing surges in Europe and the Americas in particular.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7392956/c...unethical-who/

God you would think with the 74 year old president, the rest of the white House contingency and hundreds of athletes all contracting it with little to no issues the public with finally come to their senses. But these idiots are actually doubling down on it. It's like I'm living in the fucking twilight zone. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

There are young athletes who have died from C-19.

The big picture is more than a million are dead & another 600,000 are experiencing long term negative health consequences. And without the extreme safety measures (lockdowns, etc) it would be 10X worse than that, with many hospitals having been overwhelmed. Additionally many would have been forced off of work & businesses closed, anyway, as a result. Sweden, which didn't lockdown, is doing far worse than it's 3 Nordic neighbours in terms of infections, ill health & deaths while being no better off economically.

The big picture is more than a million are dead & another 600,000 are experiencing long term negative health consequences. And without the extreme safety measures (lockdowns, etc) it would be 10X worse than that, with many hospitals having been overwhelmed. Additionally many would have been forced off of work & businesses closed, anyway, as a result. Sweden, which didn't lockdown, is doing far worse than it's 3 Nordic neighbours in terms of infections, ill health & deaths while being no better off economically.

You mean this "Pandemic" has killed .00001% of the worlds population. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Where do these people come from? Do they even listen to themselves? OMG we should totally quarantine the perfectly healthy and shut down entire industry's with those kind of #s. Jes

railbird

EOG Master
There is a danger of travel relating to Covid. After 10 months of wearing masks and doing social distancing, jounalists have pointed out that places like Los Angeles are still experiencing the dangers of Covid spread. I am afraid that politicians may have failed to listen closely to epidemiologists explaining "Herd Immunity" a complex topic, and have not allowed healthy low risk people to mix in society and become innoculated naturally. I am not a doctor but a video by London Real 9 months ago done by someone who consulted hi level biologists predicted the weaknesses of government policy. Simply wearing masks may work in Southeast Asia where the population had lots of exposure to various Asian flues and already had higher natural immunity compared to many Western countries. But clearly masks and social distance alone have been a failure in some regions.
masks are a huge fraud

railbird

EOG Master

what city do u live in? by the way u spell neighbor its canada or austrailia

You mean this "Pandemic" has killed .00001% of the worlds population. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

C-19 has killed over a million in a few months, with extreme safety measures in place, & would have been 10X worse than that without them.

Back in June more Americans had died from C-19 in a few months than died during the entire WWI.

Covid has killed more Americans this year than in the past 5 wars combined.

Furthermore:

"I was infected with coronavirus in March, six months on I’m still unwell

Charlie Russell, 27, is one of an estimated 600,000 people with post-Covid illness, a condition that may give an insight into ME

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...m-still-unwell

But if human health & lives don't matter, except your own, then lightly dismiss that by quoting your stat again. You might as well have said: "What's the problem? C-19 isn't a danger to wiping out the human race."

Where do these people come from? Do they even listen to themselves? OMG we should totally quarantine the perfectly healthy and shut down entire industry's with those kind of #s. Jes

What is obviously clear is due to lockdowns:

1) serious vehicular accidents & deaths are way way down
2) flu deaths & serious complications have decreased tremendously
3) C-19 ill health & deaths are far less due to the lockdowns
4) likewise probably other communicable diseases (e.g. tuberculosis, HIV) have been greatly reduced by the extreme safety measures in place
5) street crimes have probably been highly reduced.
6) families have been able to spend more time together enjoying each others company while free from the slavery of that 4 letter word "work" that the vast majority hate. Giving more time for quality of life activities like sex & various entertainments.
7) abortions (child murder) are probably down.

http://www.therxforum.com/showthread...1#post13211637

Many kids & young people's lives have already been saved due to the worldwide lockdowns.

Because motor vehicle accident deaths are the #1 leading worldwide cause of death in such.

"Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for U.S. teens."

https://www.google.com/search?q=lead...hrome&ie=UTF-8

"Each year, 1.35 million people are killed on roadways around the world.4

"...Road traffic injuries are estimated to be the eighth leading cause of death globally for all age groups and the leading cause of death for children and young people 5–29 years of age. More people now die in road traffic crashes than from HIV/AIDS.4"

https://www.cdc.gov/injury/features/...nd%20cyclists.

"We are far from any sort of triumph over this brutal disease. I have seen first-hand what it can do to people in intensive care, many of them previously fit and healthy."

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53951764

Even in healthy people who don't die from C-19 "COVID-19 symptoms can sometimes persist for months. The virus can damage the lungs, heart and brain, which increases the risk of long-term health problems."

Wear a mask to protect those most vulnerable from dying as a result of - your - C-19 infection. IOW wear a mask so - you - don't murder others.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Entry by air to Costa Rica will be available to all United States citizens beginning November 1.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
And without the extreme safety measures (lockdowns, etc) it would be 10X worse than that, with many hospitals having been overwhelmed. Additionally many would have been forced off of work & businesses closed, anyway, as a result. Sweden, which didn't lockdown, is doing far worse than it's 3 Nordic neighbours in terms of infections, ill health & deaths while being no better off economically.

This is nonsense, there is no evidence that the extreme measures had any more effect than just taking the common sense measures. To try to raise alarm, X-Files follows that world renown epidemiologist Billystink almost exactly, in his fallacious, data-mined argument about Sweden. Also Sweden has twice the population of the other Nordic countries.

The takeaway should be simply that the Scandinavian countries did very well early on compared to most of Western Europe. In fact Sweden had a lower per capita death rate than Belgium, UK, Italy and Spain. Sweden had the benefit of having their kids attend school without lockdown. Sweden had so much success that Norway reopened their schools after about 5 weeks.

Currently, the 7 day moving average of Sweden's death rate is now at 1 death per day. Norway and Denmark have 4 times the per capita death rate of Sweden, Finland COVID cases is at an all-time high.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Our country needs ComptrBob.

He could be stationed in northern Nevada with a hotline to the U.S. president.

His guidance would be available Monday through Saturday.

On Sundays, he would be available to NFL head coaches for questions about time management and late-game strategy.

:)

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
This is nonsense, there is no evidence that the extreme measures had any more effect than just taking the common sense measures. To try to raise alarm, X-Files follows that world renown epidemiologist Billystink almost exactly, in his fallacious, data-mined argument about Sweden. Also Sweden has twice the population of the other Nordic countries.

The takeaway should be simply that the Scandinavian countries did very well early on compared to most of Western Europe. In fact Sweden had a lower per capita death rate than Belgium, UK, Italy and Spain. Sweden had the benefit of having their kids attend school without lockdown. Sweden had so much success that Norway reopened their schools after about 5 weeks.

Currently, the 7 day moving average of Sweden's death rate is now at 1 death per day. Norway and Denmark have 4 times the per capita death rate of Sweden, Finland COVID cases is at an all-time high.
Spot on

side note there is a reason X-Files is known as X-Holes at other sites.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Our country needs ComptrBob.

He could be stationed in northern Nevada with a hotline to the U.S. president.

His guidance would be available Monday through Saturday.

On Sundays, he would be available to NFL head coaches for questions about time management and late-game strategy.

:)

Appreciate the compliment.

I've said from the beginning that the nasty effects from Covid would be extremely difficult to model, requiring superposition of hundreds of local controls, travel policies, infection rates, , ICU utilizations, ventilators and PPE, etc. Advising on NFL strategy is much more in my wheelhouse and would be a lot of fun.

This is nonsense, there is no evidence that the extreme measures had any more effect than just taking the common sense measures.

My post said nothing about "common sense measures" & you didn't define them. Are you trying to move the goal posts. As i implied if C-19 was treated as just like the flu season with no extreme safety measures (lockdowns, etc) & that includes social distancing, masks, contact tracing, excessive hand washing, airlines shutting down, border closures, etc, there would already be 10 million dead instead of just 1 million. And many hospitals would have been overwhelmed, leading to even more deaths & health problems, deaths to non C-19 infected people in desperate need of care but unable to obtain it.

To try to raise alarm, X-Files follows that world renown epidemiologist Billystink almost exactly, in his fallacious, data-mined argument about Sweden. Also Sweden has twice the population of the other Nordic countries.

Sweden has way more total deaths than their 3 Nordic neighbours (Norway, Finland, Denmark) combined while Sweden has a 50% larger population than the 3 of them combined. And Sweden is no better off economically. Clearly hard lockdowns, as occurred in those 3 nations, were the superior choice to Sweden's soft voluntary isolation approach.

Sweden dead = 5,918
Norway dead = 278
Finland dead = 346
Denmark dead = 677

In fact Sweden had a lower per capita death rate than Belgium, UK, Italy and Spain.

Irrelevant. Comparing apples with oranges. The only valid comparison is that which i've referred to above re Sweden vs it's 3 Viking neighbours. For example Sweden, relatively isolated up in Northern Europe, did not have a early huge influx of infected Chinese from Wuhan as Italy did.

"Sweden has significantly more similarities to its border neighboring countries Denmark, Norway and Finland than it does all these other countries you try to ignorantly compare them to. If you lived in Europe and you didn't figure out the difference between Nordic Vs European countries and people you simply lived more of an uninformed life, not surprised that you are unaware of these vast and significant differences that affect the spread of the virus. I've previously pointed them out numerous times to you, not that you've understood what they are.
The fact that you also think East Asian countries do not have these important differences to North American's is another example of how uncultured you are.
Other than your Dutch passport proving your Dutch it proves nothing else, there are many uninformed people even from the Netherlands.

Here is the prevalence of the Coronavirus in Sweden compared to its border neighbouring countries who all share so many sociological norms with one another.

As of October 15
--------------------------7 day average---------------7 day average/Mln
Sweden--------------653------------------------------64/Mln
Denmark------------410------------------------------70/Mln
Norway--------------131------------------------------24/Mln
Finland---------------228-----------------------------41/Mln"

https://terb.cc/xenforo/threads/if-...ainwashed-imbecile.726603/page-9#post-6837297

Sweden had the benefit of having their kids attend school without lockdown.

Actually Sweden closed high schools and universities.

Sweden dead = 5,918
Norway dead = 278
Finland dead = 346
Denmark dead = 677

"As of October 15

https://terb.cc/xenforo/threads/if-...ainwashed-imbecile.726603/page-9#post-6837297

C-19 is not over in Sweden, but up 300% in infections recently.

Last edited:

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Fauci's policy based on WHO guidelines tried to keep eveyone in semi isolation but didn't incorporate the public immunity or herd immunity to let healthy people get innoculated which may be why the policy hasn't worked very well for 9 months. Just my .02 for what its worth.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
My post said nothing about "common sense measures" & you didn't define them. Are you trying to move the goal posts. As i implied if C-19 was treated as just like the flu season with no extreme safety measures (lockdowns, etc) & that includes social distancing, masks, contact tracing, excessive hand washing, airlines shutting down, border closures, etc, there would already be 10 million dead instead of just 1 million. And many hospitals would have been overwhelmed, leading to even more deaths & health problems, deaths to non C-19 infected people in desperate need of care but unable to obtain it.

Sweden has way more total deaths than their 3 Nordic neighbours (Norway, Finland, Denmark) combined while Sweden has a 50% larger population than the 3 of them combined. And Sweden is no better off economically. Clearly hard lockdowns, as occurred in those 3 nations, were the superior choice to Sweden's soft voluntary isolation approach.

Sweden dead = 5,918
Norway dead = 278
Finland dead = 346
Denmark dead = 677

Irrelevant. Comparing apples with oranges. The only valid comparison is that which i've referred to above re Sweden vs it's 3 Viking neighbours. For example Sweden, relatively isolated up in Northern Europe, did not have a early huge influx of infected Chinese from Wuhan as Italy did.

"Sweden has significantly more similarities to its border neighboring countries Denmark, Norway and Finland than it does all these other countries you try to ignorantly compare them to. If you lived in Europe and you didn't figure out the difference between Nordic Vs European countries and people you simply lived more of an uninformed life, not surprised that you are unaware of these vast and significant differences that affect the spread of the virus. I've previously pointed them out numerous times to you, not that you've understood what they are.
The fact that you also think East Asian countries do not have these important differences to North American's is another example of how uncultured you are.
Other than your Dutch passport proving your Dutch it proves nothing else, there are many uninformed people even from the Netherlands.

Here is the prevalence of the Coronavirus in Sweden compared to its border neighbouring countries who all share so many sociological norms with one another.

As of October 15

Actually Sweden closed high schools and universities.

Sweden dead = 5,918
Norway dead = 278
Finland dead = 346
Denmark dead = 677

"As of October 15

C-19 is not over in Sweden, but up 300% in infections recently.

More data-mined rubbish.

Why didn't we quarantine the elderly and high-risk individuals and let others run free?

Made no sense to me.

To save lives.

So hospitals wouldn't be overwhelmed.

Because little was known about this new virus.

"I was infected with coronavirus in March, six months on I’m still unwell

Charlie Russell, 27, is one of an estimated 600,000 people with post-Covid illness, a condition that may give an insight into ME

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...m-still-unwell

What is obviously clear is due to lockdowns:

1) serious vehicular accidents & deaths are way way down
2) flu deaths & serious complications have decreased tremendously
3) C-19 ill health & deaths are far less due to the lockdowns
4) likewise probably other communicable diseases (e.g. tuberculosis, HIV) have been greatly reduced by the extreme safety measures in place
5) street crimes have probably been highly reduced.
6) families have been able to spend more time together enjoying each others company while free from the slavery of that 4 letter word "work" that the vast majority hate. Giving more time for quality of life activities like sex & various entertainments.
7) abortions (child murder) are probably down.

http://www.therxforum.com/showthread...1#post13211637