AEW vs NxT Pro Wrestling Wednesday Night War - U Watchin'?

TheOddsGuy

Administrator
So All Elite Wrestling will deliver their third show this Wednesday on TnT. The WWE moved their NxT show into the same time slot on USA Network, so for the firt time in 20 years we have two companies operating in the Rasslin' Business.

AEW has won the ratings battle against NxT the first two weeks and the new guys are already starting to show some unique storylines. Seriously, who would have guessed that the Bucks, Kenny Omega, Hangman Page and Shawn Spears would all be taking multiple losses to get other guys over?

Meanwwhile WWE has not only NxT but they also hae the RAW and Smackdown brands and they have had a parade of big names appear on the show. From Tyson Fury to Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and The Rock the WWE is screaming for attention and seems to be taking the presence of AEW as an affront.

So my questions are simple - After two weeks, which of the two shows are you watching first? Do you think you have to decide between companies or can a wrestling fan watch both? What has been your favorite AEW moment so far?

Mine was PAC puttting Omega to sleep in PAC's deut match. Respect to executive V.P. Omega, he is putting in the work. Comments welcome below.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I've seen "The Young Bucks" rassle in California as part of a Pro Wrestling Guerilla (PWG) show.

They're a current-day version of "The High Flyers" in the old American Wrestling Alliance (AWA).

Where are Greg Gagne and Jim Brunzell when you need them?

The AWA became inactive in late 1990.

TheOddsGuy

Administrator
Ah and yes, the mid-western roots as well. Nick Bockwinkel baby. I love that old AWA/NWA talk, really.

Main thing WWE has become a dinosaur, nice to have a choice, Im pumped for Wednesday. Anyone else out there beside JK and I?

TheOddsGuy

Administrator
The fact is that Bockwinkel was a great, arrogant heel. I could talk that era all day! The AEW team is composed of members of Dusty Rhodes' family and that is good pedigree for this kinnd of thing.

The show AEW: Dynamite is tonite on TnT, check local listings for start times. Thechampion, Chris Jericho will be in action tonight. Also, their PPV will be in November it will be interesting to see if the bookscarrylines, even $50 max lines, for that card. It would be agood sign for the new group....

These are te matches scheduled for tonight on TnT - good line-up. I'm enjoying AEW and then watching NxT so you dont have to hate on WWE to appreciate.

Philadelphia Street Fight AEW World Title Match: Darby Allin vs. Chris Jericho (champion)

AEW Women’s Title Match: Britt Baker vs. Riho (champion)

AEW World Tag Team Titles Tournament First Round Match: SoCal Uncensored vs. Best Friends

AEW World Tag Team Titles Tournament First Round Match: Lucha Bros vs. Jurassic Express

Tag Team Match: Jon Moxley and PAC vs. Kenny Omega and “Hangman” Adam Page

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Arrogant is the right word for Bockwinkel.

Some of his interviews with Gene Okerlund in the late '70's/early '80's were classic.

1571263512683.png

TheOddsGuy

Administrator
Now now, some of us "kids" never stopped. truthfully, I mssed the Stone cold, The Rock, XPAC etc, I watched as a kid and again ass a forty something.

Believe it or not twice I've caught a +600 with the odds, even with a $50 max my lil accounts could sometimes use the 300 bucks ass aa recharge.

Another good, hectic wrestling show on WED night. Meanwhile WWE is pulling in The Rock, Tyson fury from boxing, anyone they can get to attract attention.

All the fun in atching this to me is on the business end as well, and WWE is acting nervous lol. Have fun boys, and thanks for posting.