Al Macguire and Joe Thiesman

Hey Al, every sentence does NOT have to start with....

"I'll tell you what, you talk about......____________".

I forget every week how much I hate these shmucks. :+talking- :rolleyes:

David Matthews

EOG Enthusiast
Hilarious you should say that... was going to say, note the number of time Maguire says "I want to tell you..." or "I mean to tell you..."

X

xpanda

I was thinking of writing a column entirely devoted to the dumbshit stuff these announcers/reporters say.

My weekly (hourly) favourite: 'so Coach, what's your gameplan going into the second half?'

STFU.

highnine

EOG Addicted
had enough of them 2 years ago. sound off with radio on. get more meaningful sideline reports on radio anyway.

Al McGuire was a great coach at Marquette and a pretty good announcer, but I think you mean Paul Maguire.

I would take either of these guys over Madden any time.

Books Worst Enemy

EOG Addicted
I think the ESPN Sunday Night crew is the best in the business by a landslide.

Seriously, would you rather have this or CBS/Fox lulling you to sleep?

Later,
Books Worst Enemy

Uh....I wouldn't mind a little fucking SILENCE! I tune in to watch the game, not to hear some dipshit talk about how he's gonna talk about how fast Dwight Freeney is, 50 fucking times. :)

Just a little silence, I just want to watch the game, hear the crowd, the hits, the whistle...etc..not some 3 clowns fighting over airtime with the same tired ol sayings...:hung

I think it annoys you more when your bet is clear loser. I just watch the games, don't mind what they really talk about unless they are prasing my team.

They would not be on unless they got high remarks from experts in the biz

No one here has a clue on what a good announcer is including me

Ratings very high so they stay

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
I decided to give this crew a clean slate this year. Have hated Theismann as an anouncer forever. But last night, I was pleasantly surprised to listen to them and even chuckled a few times. This announcing team seems to be more comfortable now and I for one will give them annother chance this week.

opotus

EOG Veteran
jjgold said:
They would not be on unless they got high remarks from experts in the biz

No one here has a clue on what a good announcer is including me

Ratings very high so they stay

I disagree. People tune in -despite- the announcers.

I'll tell you what... these guys as analysts suck. Period. I want to tell you... Good announcers don't suck every players' c*ck all game long. Good announcers don't say the same thing over and over ad nausuem.

A good announcer is one that the fans like. There are no Ilovetheespnfootballguys.com sites out there.

(Mike Patrick is fine with me, by the way; it's Maguire and Theismann who are awful)