Al Michaels actually said "spread"

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I sometimes wonder if Benny Parsons or Wally Dallenbach do not get paid to give garage info to some oddsmen. :+clueless

Krackman

EOG Senior Member
Al loves to shoot the bones. One of the best rolls I was ever involved him had him, Joe Torre and his brother at the table at the Las Vegas Hilton.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Krackman said:
Al loves to shoot the bones. One of the best rolls I was ever involved him had him, Joe Torre and his brother at the table at the Las Vegas Hilton.

That's cool Krackman.

Dr. White

EOG Enthusiast
Michaels and Madden were praising Hank Stram tonight. Does anyone remember when Vegas took his Chiefs off the board in the early 70's?

scottric

EOG Member
I heard that too and hit the replay button on the Tivo to make sure. Al's usually good for one gambling insinuation per game but this one was as direct as it gets.

I love it because all of the major sports try to avoid the gambling issue even though it is a key ingredient to their popularity.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
does anyone think that Al catches any grief from the higher ups at the tv network for his comments? Of couse he can always say he was only referring to the "Nevada spread".

On a side note, I wonder if the WTO aggrement allows the offshore books to advertise on the tv like the Nevada books do..... "what happens here stays here" is their frequent ad.