Alan Boston does podcast with Chad Millman

thedegen

EOG Enthusiast
Re: Alan Boston does podcast with Chad Millman

go to itunes and click on store and type in Chad Millman.

thedegen

EOG Enthusiast

He also like UCLA even with all the injuries. Not a popular play based on line movement.

brians

EOG Dedicated

It's a part of the Behind The Bets podcast series by Millman from ESPN

BigDaddy

EOG Master

i replied to your pm

i wonder how much he paid for that house he keeps talking about

the guy knows his college basketball that is for sure

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Listen up, people: Alan Boston is a genius at college basketball and poker and an idiot at everything else. Not my words, his words. I do love his line, "Listen up, people,..."

thedegen

EOG Enthusiast

Listen up, people: Alan Boston is a genius at college basketball and poker and an idiot at everything else. Not my words, his words. I do love his line, "Listen up, people,..."

LOL. JK, do you know who his partner in football is? He didn't say.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

LOL. JK, do you know who his partner in football is? He didn't say.

I don't know his partner in football. Alan is discreet when discussing his gambling associates. He once mentioned his association with Billy Walters in the late 1980s.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

LOL I still remember when he was on WW... very funny character. I found the tiff between him and Kenny very amusing :LMAO

jfhst18

EOG Veteran

LOL I still remember when he was on WW... very funny character. I found the tiff between him and Kenny very amusing :LMAO

You mean when Kenny jumped Alan for being a closet degenerate, and then turned out to be that himself? That was Shrink's cry for help.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

what both JK and the Shrink did to alan was wrong.

i still can't believe JK pulled that stunt

i was not happy

jfhst18

EOG Veteran

i still can't believe JK pulled that stunt

I think in fairness to JK he didn't see it coming, and it was at the end of the show. I'd bet if he had to do it over again he would have gotten in the way, but when Shrink wanted to get ugly he knew how to do it.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

I think in fairness to JK he didn't see it coming, and it was at the end of the show. I'd bet if he had to do it over again he would have gotten in the way, but when Shrink wanted to get ugly he knew how to do it.

he said otherwise

he would do it again

it was a low blow that had nothing to do with the great show alan just gave them.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

i might be mistaken maybe it was the shrink that said he would ask him again

but im pretty sure JK had no problem with it and as being the host i think he should have a say in what he asks his guests.

i would have to find the thread as it was discussed in a few threads

jfhst18

EOG Veteran

I remember JK on a broadcast saying that at first he was taken aback, but that Alan did say he was open to any and all questions and so he had no trouble with it. In hindsight, though, I would at least like to believe that JK now sees himself as acting unskillfully when that went down.

Fezzik

EOG Veteran
JK too busy to bother checking any facts? Boston iin NL poker cannot play a lick- check the data.

JK too busy to bother checking any facts? Boston iin NL poker cannot play a lick- check the data.

Alan Boston, sharkscope.com, all tournies -9,800. Average buyin, $22 tourney.

Alan Boston, pokertableratings.com, lifetime winnings, online cash, -4,553, -3.80 bb/100

Must be nice to get gigs as Fulltilt "pro"..........with stats like those! This coming from a guy who criticizes all the 'good ole boy hires' in College Basketball, guys being given jobs who "cannot coach a lick"...........uh ok.

By comparison, I am a good not great poker player, thousands of players better than me.........I play under Andy296, and the true pros would make fun of my game, correctly arguing I'm just a good lower level pro, who needs to stay under the big games to win.

Andy296 at poker stars.

Andy296, sharkscope.com, all tournies +35,000, Average tourney buyin $80

Andy296, pokertableratings.co, lifetime cash online winnings, +25,031, +2.18 bb/100

The irony is that based on 1 2 hour live session (during which he cussed out our female dealer, to the point of bringing her to tears), Boston described my game as being very weak. During that same session he called my 15 bb allin stack when I pushed allin with AJ, he called with 3-9 of spades. And lost.

Jk, if you are going to describe someone's ability in Poker, may I suggest you use these sites to back up your opinions.

Caveat: Boston says he is good at certain specialty poker games. I believe him. And he may even be VERY, very good. But in mainstream NL games the data speaks loudly.........Boston's stats are on par with average recreational players, with little to no ability.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

yawn

maybe he just doesn't care anymore

Fezz what are you trying to prove?

if you had any balls as a man you would have said something to him when it happened to his face not attack the man over the interent

you cant make this shit up.

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

Online poker, being so trackable, shows who is full of it, and who is the real deal. The numbers are all there, there is no hiding behind ridiculous speaches about playing at a 'high level'. High level players don't lose to donkeys!

BigDaddy

EOG Master
Re: JK too busy to bother checking any facts? Boston iin NL poker cannot play a lick- check the data.

Re: JK too busy to bother checking any facts? Boston iin NL poker cannot play a lick- check the data.

wasn't boston playing in the stud games before poker ever got big and wasn't he a pretty good player?

i dont know these facts to be true but if they are true its kinda like beating up on a old man that has been there and done that already.

just saying

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

I believe he was a fine stud player, no argument.

BUT..............poker geniuses don't lose $10,000 playing 1/2 NL games! And $20 tournies. C'mon now.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

I believe he was a fine stud player, no argument.

BUT..............poker geniuses don't lose $10,000 playing 1/2 NL games! And $20 tournies. C'mon now.

maybe he won a shit load in his prime so what is 10k today

if he is up lifetime playing poker than he did what most dont and that is win.

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

Oops, I didn't get the memo, it just got handed to me. That's it. He won big in the past, and now he doesn't care, and just has fun playing really low limits, losing, and having a good time. Makes sense. Thx for clearing that up.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

again i ask you why didn't you step up the day he made the lady dealer cry?

its weak to attack the man over the internet when you could have done it in person if you really felt strongly about the way he treated a women and you must as you seem to bring it up every chance you get.

Fezz you should work harder in preseason football and stop worrying about boston

1-3-1

you are burying your followers already

BigDaddy

EOG Master

my guess is he most likely would have hit you so hard your hairpiece would have flown half way across the room

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

I actually agree with BOTH those posts Big Daddy! Off to work on week0 plays! Ps. No hairpiece, just a couple bottles of dye a week.

ProfaneReality

EOG Dedicated

several months ago I was trying to get a hold of Alan, and with the help of John Kelly I finally did... I had a great phone conversation with him, and made a couple of big changes in my life as a result of that call.

I reached out to a few of the guys in Vegas who I believed could help me reach him, Fezzik was one those people. See, I knew Fezzik liked to troll and look for any opportunity to bash Alan, and I also knew he had a previous relationship with him at his god awful forum. But, this is just the kind of guy Fezzik is.

08-06-10 03:56 AM
Fezzik

EOG Addicted <hr> <dl class="userinfo_extra"><dt>Join Date</dt><dd>Aug 29, 2005</dd><dt>Posts</dt><dd>592</dd></dl>

Re: boston

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I don't check these Pms.......sorry about that. I don't know Alan.

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

We can only imagine the input from the Heims of the world if I had Boston's Poker stats............CAN YOU IMAGINE THE BASHING I WOULD TAKE?

"Jesus, Fezzik is A donk!" Etc.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Alan Boston, sharkscope.com, all tournies -9,800. Average buyin, $22 tourney.

Alan Boston, pokertableratings.com, lifetime winnings, online cash, -4,553, -3.80 bb/100

Must be nice to get gigs as Fulltilt "pro"..........with stats like those! This coming from a guy who criticizes all the 'good ole boy hires' in College Basketball, guys being given jobs who "cannot coach a lick"...........uh ok.

By comparison, I am a good not great poker player, thousands of players better than me.........I play under Andy296, and the true pros would make fun of my game, correctly arguing I'm just a good lower level pro, who needs to stay under the big games to win.

Andy296 at poker stars.

Andy296, sharkscope.com, all tournies +35,000, Average tourney buyin $80

Andy296, pokertableratings.co, lifetime cash online winnings, +25,031, +2.18 bb/100

The irony is that based on 1 2 hour live session (during which he cussed out our female dealer, to the point of bringing her to tears), Boston described my game as being very weak. During that same session he called my 15 bb allin stack when I pushed allin with AJ, he called with 3-9 of spades. And lost.

Jk, if you are going to describe someone's ability in Poker, may I suggest you use these sites to back up your opinions.

Caveat: Boston says he is good at certain specialty poker games. I believe him. And he may even be VERY, very good. But in mainstream NL games the data speaks loudly.........Boston's stats are on par with average recreational players, with little to no ability.

Fezz, where did I offer an opinion on Alan Boston's poker-playing abilties? I reported what Alan tells his followers: he's a genius at college basketball and poker and an idiot at everything else. His words, not mine. I've never offered an opinion on anybody's poker action. Math guys often times stumble with reading comprehension.

Fezzik

EOG Veteran

Oops. Please disregard my comments towards your lack of journalistic research JK. And sage advice about the math guys, but throw me under the bus, not my math buddies. Many math guys can comprehend just fine.......like our school friend Joe Girardi.

"I need to work hard at School, since baseball won't be there when I graduate."

.....Joe Girardi, Engineer at Northwestern, 3.4 GPA. Class of 1986.

jfhst18

EOG Veteran

Oops. Please disregard my comments towards your lack of journalistic research JK. And sage advice about the math guys, but throw me under the bus, not my math buddies. Many math guys can comprehend just fine.......like our school friend Joe Girardi.

"I need to work hard at School, since baseball won't be there when I graduate."

.....Joe Girardi, Engineer at Northwestern, 3.4 GPA. Class of 1986.

What bus did JK throw you under?

And it's nice that you went to a good school, and have Big Time friends--but what does Joe Girardi have to do with Alan Boston?

And another thing, I'm sure you guys can both read and both do math. So it seems precious to be nitting it up along those lines. You guys no longer have to look at each others SAT scores to define each other or yourselves, you have careers.

Back to the thread's title character, Do you think Kenny went after Boston on that Winning Wednesday's broadcast because you passed on gossip and ill feelings about him? I think I remember him saying something about conducting the attack on behalf of a friend, and seeing how intent you still are on running an expos? got me to wondering if that friend was you.