All NBA Totals Been Bet Under - Anyone Have A reason?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Seeing all 4 NBA games played under since this morning - Wantitall4moi, or Froggie or anyone else know why? Thank You!

dirty

EOG Master
The last few years the Opening weeks totals went under the number alot....this has to do with New coaches, Free Agent acquisitions, Team chemistry and Injuries.....Starters don't play together all that much in Traning camp....they log minutes but on different nites and are not all on the floor more than a few minutes at a time....It takes alot of teams a few games to get in a Rythem and used to playing together.

Like tonite in the Dallas/Pho game.....Stoudamire is out for Phoenix and Avery johnson, Dallas' new coach, has said they will stress Defense this year more and not run as much.....That has yet to be seen but when the coach says that you have to listen.....I let them bet it down to 215 now and I took the over hoping that Staudamire's absence will lead to some easy Buckets for Dallas...

Teams like the spurs Traditionally play under the number at home since they play good Defense.....or they have in the past..early in the season..

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Players are usually not in sync opening night and first few games. Especially offensively. Back door cut pass may just be off, blown layups, rustiness and timing problems. Look at Philly, starting 5 have zero minutes as a team together on the court this preseason. Generally speaking, players play themselves into game condition as the season progresses. Defense is just getting that hand in a face, blocking out and taking a charge. Base defense will stop base offense most of the time, early.

Numbers are off, no doubt. I was lucky to get 219 1/2 on Suns un as it has plummeted. I am holding it for now. Avery has committed to the D. Just do not see defensive roster. More or less I think it is different roster with Suns. Follows the move against them. From -2 1/2 to +1 1/2. No Stoudamire, I must agree, he is huge. They were hampered without Johnson, but now he and the scoring machine is out. And this was a 6 player squad. Suns no surprise to anyone this year, and without big dog, will most likely NOT be able to keep up scoring in line with last years inflated numbers. Even a one eyed FROG could see that one. Not sure how Nash got MVP when he was not even best player on his own team. Other games, other scenerios. My lunchbreak is almost over. Good Luck.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Thank You both Dirt and Frog, very informative stuff. BTW, to be MVP doesn't mean you are the best player in the league or even on your own team. Just maybe the illustrious cog in the machine that makes it work best. Plus, being flashy, Canadian and white do not hurt when your league is having an image problem. Thanks again!

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
One more thing on the Suns. When you take away Amare, Joe and Quentin, do they even resemble the Suns? Who takes up the scoring? Kurt Thomas, Raja Bell and James Jones. Great, lose 20 points on Kurt for Amare alone. This team has no resemblence to last year. One of the most likely free fallers. Have no chance of repeating last year's success with defections and injuries. If this goes sub 200 you may not see a 220+ on the Suns again.

dirty

EOG Master
Oh yea...I would Frog......I am going to hit the over right before tip.....I didn't think it would drop this Low...I thought it would level out around 215 maybe 214....the way it is going could bet below 213......LOts of 213 1/2 outthere now...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Seen one 213, did not last long. Could be a one time deal here, like I said, if this game drops un 200, as 98-95 or something, there will be no more opportunities like this. Lot of people holding under wondering if there is any reason to bet back over. Being it is the last game of the night, there is really no stop.

The touts will now release NBA lock of night with wise guy play under 214.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
If you say so. I am looking at solid 212's with a lot of time left. Also I bought New Orleans +8. I would not be surprised to see 210 or less.

That was the tout move. un 214 to 212. Or maybe they will release it under 212, super mega lock wise guy move.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Avery Johonson's Mavs' dedication to defense comes into play also tonight.Combine that with Suns missing 3 starters from last year, most notably high scoring Amare Stoudemire.....

Dallas' lack of good defense was exposed in that series, something that has happened for many years in thwarted bids to reach the NBA Finals.
Defense, though, is a specialty of coach Avery Johnson and he plans on making the Mavs much tougher on that end of the court.
"It's a new culture, a different culture, a different team," said Johnson, who took over for Don Nelson late last season.
Johnson already has seen some positive effects from his coaching changes.
The Mavericks won six of eight preseason games and limited opponents to an average of 91.9 points. They allowed 96.8 points last season and 100.8 points in 2003-04.
It also helps Johnson to have a standout defensive guard in Doug Christie, who may not score as much as the departed Michael Finley but will defend better on the perimeter. The Mavericks have played tougher interior defense this preseason as Erick Dampier and free agent signee DeSagana Diop have been more physical.
"I think the type of player we're interesting in acquiring might have gone through a bit of a change with Avery's defensive philosophy," said Donnie Nelson, Dallas' president of basketball operations. "I was watching some tape and for the first time in a long time I heard 'athletic,' 'defensive' and 'Maverick' in the same sentence."

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Both other unders Spurs and 76ers complete fakes. Both back within a half of openers. I have seen this show before. They will work one wrong soon and I will nail it before they can.

Yes Hache Damp is not exactly a scoring machine but Christie for Finley is a huge drop off. The Mavs are undergoing a coaching transition from Nellie to Avery. Personel always lags.