All-Star Game to be decided by Home Run Derby, if tied after 9 innings

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Wow. We have a meeting in the morning but I'm assuming at Bookmaker we will grade a tie as a push. I will let you know when I know for sure after 8"30 pacific live

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Why not just grade it like a hockey ot or regular season shootout? Whomever group of 3 batters wins award an extra run to the team if it were a regulation situation? This just gets dumber and dumber every year.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
For all of those interested. Bookmaker has decided to grade the winner of the homerun derby tiebreaker as the winner on the moneyline and will also add a run to the total. ex: game is 3-3 after 9, if American League wins the Home run derby , we will declare the American league the winner 4-3. No great answer but that's what we went with.

railbird

EOG Master
For all of those interested. Bookmaker has decided to grade the winner of the homerun derby tiebreaker as the winner on the moneyline and will also add a run to the total. ex: game is 3-3 after 9, if American League wins the Home run derby , we will declare the American league the winner 4-3. No great answer but that's what we went with.
weak and wrong.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
You should bet it at circa. The real assholes here is Major League Baseball. We hjad to make a decision and that's the one we voted was the most player friendly.
Think bookmaker friendly, as a tie generates a refund, a nontie awards juice to the book.

Last edited:

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Think bookmaker friendly, as a tie generates a refund, a nontie awards juice to the book.
For sure but do bettors really want to watch a 4 hour baseball game and then not have a root at the end during the hr derby tiebreaker? I mean maybe you are right but we had to make a split second decision giving the mlbs timely manner of changing this rule so we made one for better or worse.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I would say the Circa approach is more in sync with the MLB statement which never mentions rewarding the Tiebreaker winner with an extra run:

Rather than extra innings, a tie game would be settled with each manager selecting three players (and one alternate, in the event of an injury) on his roster who have agreed to participate in the All-Star Tiebreaker, as well as three coaches to throw batting practice. Play will briefly be paused to allow the groundscrew to reconfigure the field. Each player who participates will get three swings to hit as many home runs as possible. Each player can take an unlimited number of pitches without it counting against their swing total.

Players on each team may hit in any order, with the two teams alternating. The visiting team (AL) will hit first and the home team (NL) second. Once all six participants have completed their swings, the team with the most total home runs shall be declared the winner of the All-Star Game.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
I would say the Circa approach is more in sync with the MLB statement which never mentions rewarding the Tiebreaker winner with an extra run:

Rather than extra innings, a tie game would be settled with each manager selecting three players (and one alternate, in the event of an injury) on his roster who have agreed to participate in the All-Star Tiebreaker, as well as three coaches to throw batting practice. Play will briefly be paused to allow the groundscrew to reconfigure the field. Each player who participates will get three swings to hit as many home runs as possible. Each player can take an unlimited number of pitches without it counting against their swing total.

Players on each team may hit in any order, with the two teams alternating. The visiting team (AL) will hit first and the home team (NL) second. Once all six participants have completed their swings, the team with the most total home runs shall be declared the winner of the All-Star Game.
fwiw i wasnt a fan of awarding a run to the winner though I do believe awarding a winner is the lesser of the 2 evils as far as the ml goes.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Yes, I suppose you could award a win for the ML even with a tied final, but that would probably necessitate a significant change to the grading system. Kind of like a "team to hoist the cup" bet in soccer.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
You would think with sports gambling being legal in the US now and gambling being the #1 driver ( i think at least though i may be bias) in interest in the sport that the mlb would have a little more consideration in spots like this. There really is no right answer for the books here. No mattern what decision you come up with you will piss off some customers so the best think you can do is make a decision as fast as possible and get it out to your consumer so that they at least know the ruling you will go by.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Yes, I suppose you could award a win for the ML even with a tied final, but that would probably necessitate a significant change to the grading system. Kind of like a "team to advance" bet in soccer.
I think that's probably one of the reasons we chose to add the run. everyone was in favor of rewarding a winner whereas the added run was debated. Bob, I thinkwe both agree on the added run but which way would have you gone on the ml decision assuming no grading system issue? Just curious and I value your opinion.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
You would think with sports gambling being legal in the US now and gambling being the #1 driver ( i think at least though i may be bias) in interest in the sport that the mlb would have a little more consideration in spots like this. There really is no right answer for the books here. No mattern what decision you come up with you will piss off some customers so the best think you can do is make a decision as fast as possible and get it out to your consumer so that they at least know the ruling you will go by.
I would cancel all bets and take the stupid game OTB then write a public letter to Manboobs Fred and MLB that they are a bunch of fucking idiots and they keep this up, regular season games will be OTB.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
There (clapping) was (clapping) a homerun derby (clapping) yesterday. This is supposed (clapping) to be (clapping) the game.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This follows last All Star game taking it away from Atlanta because Jim Crow, Jim Eagle or something something. Record turnout primaries last month. Not a single person denied the right to vote.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
I would cancel all bets and take the stupid game OTB then write a public letter to Manboobs Fred and MLB that they are a bunch of fucking idiots and they keep this up, regular season games will be OTB.
Sounds like cutting your nose to spite your face lol. That would piss off all customers.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Thanks for sharing, RAYCABINO.

THE FOLLOWING RULE POSTED 9.15AM PDT IS FOR THE MLB ALL STAR GAME

IF TIED AFTER 9 FULL INNINGS THE GAME WILL GO TO A HOMERUN CONTEST

THE WINNER OF THE HOMERUN CONTEST WILL HAVE A RUN ADDED TO THEIR SCORE

EXAMPLE GAME IS TIED 3 TO 3 AFTER 9 FULL INNINGS AND THE AL WINS THE HR CONTEST : AL WINS 4-3

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I think that's probably one of the reasons we chose to add the run. everyone was in favor of rewarding a winner whereas the added run was debated. Bob, I thinkwe both agree on the added run but which way would have you gone on the ml decision assuming no grading system issue? Just curious and I value your opinion.

No, I think an added run is artificial, unless MLB had officially blessed it. In case of a tie, I would grade the ML as a win of the HR Derby winner.

Interesting side note, with no added run, WH still has the TT OVER weighed more than BM:

WH has Team Total props listed as "Runs scored American No HR Derby - Total Runs OVER 3.5 -130, UNDER 3.5 +110."

Bookmaker has "American League Team Total: OVER 3.5 -125, UNDER 3.5 -105." Cover statement would imply an added run if tie and AL wins.

Last edited:

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Works for me if have over 8.5 in a 4-4 tie,, but didn't this extravaganza once decide home field for the World Series at one point? And even that conclusion proves kind of 5th drawer lame significance during it's determination. Before 2017 the middle 3 prices advantageous for those teams who forced a 2 game split on the road.

kane

EOG master
Thanks for sharing, RAYCABINO.

THE FOLLOWING RULE POSTED 9.15AM PDT IS FOR THE MLB ALL STAR GAME

IF TIED AFTER 9 FULL INNINGS THE GAME WILL GO TO A HOMERUN CONTEST

THE WINNER OF THE HOMERUN CONTEST WILL HAVE A RUN ADDED TO THEIR SCORE

EXAMPLE GAME IS TIED 3 TO 3 AFTER 9 FULL INNINGS AND THE AL WINS THE HR CONTEST : AL WINS 4-3
This works for me, I have Under 8, if tied 4-4 after 9 I lose anyway, at least this way a 3-3 extra inning game guarantees me a win and I can't get fucked by multiple runs being scored

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
you guys dont give a shit about player freindly
That's literally the only thing we give a shit about in this case. This game will literally be less than .00000001% of our total volume for the year so it certainly isn't about the money It's 100% about what will make the customers least annoyed.. If you would get your fucking head out of the rapture for a second you might be able to comprehend that.

Heim

EOG Master
Fortunately Better Call Saul came on to provide some decent TV.

Kim dumping Jimmy shocked me and probably the world.

No longer a lawyer (Kim), I guarantee she won't sell picks. She has some ethics. OTOH, Jimmy (Saul) would have no problem selling them.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
No, I think an added run is artificial, unless MLB had officially blessed it. In case of a tie, I would grade the ML as a win of the HR Derby winner.

Interesting side note, with no added run, WH still has the TT OVER weighed more than BM:

WH has Team Total props listed as "Runs scored American No HR Derby - Total Runs OVER 3.5 -130, UNDER 3.5 +110."

Bookmaker has "American League Team Total: OVER 3.5 -125, UNDER 3.5 -105." Cover statement would imply an added run if tie and AL wins.
Yes we agree here, I don't like adding the run but was outvoted here. The grading system was part of the issue and the fact that full nhl games are scored that way if making a full game bet was also an argument. We could have gone the 9 inning route final for sure but then you mis out on the sweat of the hr derby tiebreaker. All in all it's a shitshow no matter what thanks to mlb's lack of consideration for why thery even get the shit ratings that they currently get.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Yes we agree here, I don't like adding the run but was outvoted here. The grading system was part of the issue and the fact that full nhl games are scored that way if making a full game bet was also an argument. We could have gone the 9 inning route final for sure but then you mis out on the sweat of the hr derby tiebreaker. All in all it's a shitshow no matter what thanks to mlb's lack of consideration for why thery even get the shit ratings that they currently get.

Who would have thought we'd be debating whether MLB grading should be more like hockey than soccer? Truly a shit show. Hopefully, the game doesn't tie after 9 and the average bettor just gets the normal result.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Who would have thought we'd be debating whether MLB grading should be more like hockey than soccer? Truly a shit show. Hopefully, the game doesn't tie after 9 and the average bettor just gets the normal result.
That's our biggest root for certain lol.