Amazon FireTv and Firesticks

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Re: Amazon FireTv and Firesticks

Was just told by the Nitro owner. HRTV coming to Nitro next week.

HORSERACING TV

HRTV (HorseRacing TV) is a 24-hour television network dedicated to the sport of horseracing. Owned by Magna Entertainment Corp. (MEC) and Churchill Downs Inc. (CDI), HRTV showcases 15 hours of live racing daily, including coverage from legendary racetracks across the country, such as: Santa Anita Park (Los Angeles), Churchill Downs: Home of the Kentucky Derby(Lexington), Gulfstream Park (Miami), Pimlico Race Course: Home of the Preakness Stakes, and Arlington Park (Chicago). Viewers can also enjoy HRTV's racing coverage from over 70 other racetracks from around the world. Produced from the studios at Santa Anita Park, HRTV provides race analysis, expert commentary and showcases award-winning original programming that brings viewers exclusive interviews with jockeys, trainers and owners; historical information, horse auctions, and late breaking news from the world of horseracing.

that will be nice. so will it be in sports subfolder? or will horses get its own folder? anyway, good info

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I would like to see nitro get those25-30 Canadian channels they added a couple of weeks ago up and running. The Aussie channels are a great addition.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

I would like to see nitro get those25-30 Canadian channels they added a couple of weeks ago up and running. The Aussie channels are a great addition.

agree that Aussie stuff if really good. not sure we need same feed from every city, makes it hard to scroll down fast to get to stuff but overall yes thats a great addition

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

agree that Aussie stuff if really good. not sure we need same feed from every city, makes it hard to scroll down fast to get to stuff but overall yes thats a great addition

If you want different programming from there, it’s Perth on the west and basically everything else on the east side of the country.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated

Closeups of Cricket Fans sporting Colonel Sanders buckets as headgear....priceless.

Bushay

NHL Expert

There are a lot of review sites that will have different devices ranked differently. This is one from PCmag.com. First link rates some of the better ones and the 2nd is a review of the newer firestick device.

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2421457,00.asp
This was from Jan 5th of this year

https://www.pcmag.com/review/356904/amazon-fire-tv-2017
This was from back in October. Software updates fixed some of the bugs this device had back then when it 1st came out.

Heres one from 2018. Cnet.
It ranks it 4th overall and a couple Rokus and the 4th gen Appletv above it as well. But those streaming devices are impossible or next to impossible to sideload apps that we use on our firesticks and boxes. I have tried pretty much all of them.

Many will tell you the Nvidia Shield is the best device period. But myself and a few guys I trust in this industry are not very high on them. Plus they sell for $179. Firetv devices way better bang for your buck.

https://www.cnet.com/topics/media-streamers/best-media-streamers/

And Cnets review of the newer firestick.

https://www.cnet.com/products/amazon-fire-tv-2017/review/

Personally, I'm waiting for Amazon's new box to drop. Long awaited. Will have an Echo Dot built into a firetv box. If they release it with 3 or 4 gigs of memory. It will dominate every device on the market.

unusualsusp5

EOG Senior Member

Was just told by the Nitro owner. HRTV coming to Nitro next week.

HORSERACING TV

HRTV (HorseRacing TV) is a 24-hour television network dedicated to the sport of horseracing. Owned by Magna Entertainment Corp. (MEC) and Churchill Downs Inc. (CDI), HRTV showcases 15 hours of live racing daily, including coverage from legendary racetracks across the country, such as: Santa Anita Park (Los Angeles), Churchill Downs: Home of the Kentucky Derby(Lexington), Gulfstream Park (Miami), Pimlico Race Course: Home of the Preakness Stakes, and Arlington Park (Chicago). Viewers can also enjoy HRTV's racing coverage from over 70 other racetracks from around the world. Produced from the studios at Santa Anita Park, HRTV provides race analysis, expert commentary and showcases award-winning original programming that brings viewers exclusive interviews with jockeys, trainers and owners; historical information, horse auctions, and late breaking news from the world of horseracing.
hrtv was bought out by tvg and is now tvg2 or am i wrong. don't think i am as tvg2 was on my cable system along with tvg1 but was removed by spectrum tv and is only available on these boxes now and widely advertised as such on tvg1 daily. confused here.

I wouldnt buy one of the smaller ones first off theyre all wi-fi no direct cable unless you buy a 20 dollar adapter.

There are the new Toshiba 4K Tvs themselves (the old element brand is gone I guess as they have been unavailable through Amazon for months now but other places still have some if you look and theyre cheap you just have to pay for shipping which is why amazon is cheaper than most places in the long run) but the biggest one you can get is 55 inches. but for 480 bucks and you can walk right into best buy (on June 22) and grab one theyre going to be the best option (until the next gen comes out). I suspect there will eventually be a 65 in option but theyre more than likely trying to figure out a price.

Target had a few of the 65 in ones but theyre all out of stock right now. I suspect this 'merger' between BB and Amzon was waiting on all outstanding units to sell out or close to it. I suppose you could find a 65 in (only reason to want the element version at this point) if you searched hard enough. I got a second one in April but that place only had 2 and I got one of them. But eventually BB will come out with a 65 in and probably bigger either under toshiba or another BB brand. But for 480 or so the 55 in arent that bad, not as cheap as the elements were (at the end) but a TV (instead of a stick or a box) is a much better way to go. RAM and processor alone is worth the price then you get 4K. I havent checked the specs on the toshibas yet but if they updated the RAM its a bigger bonus. Actually just looked and theyre not listing ram or processor for some reason. Which is a bit concerning because that would suggest its less than the older version. Also has fewer inputs than the older version. I will have to go look at one but looks like for now the older versions are going to be better. But they are supposedly going to have 11 models at BB this year so lets hope the next ones are a little better (but will also be more expensive to be sure) but Best Buy is for generic people who dont care about the 'technical' stuff and think everything with the same name is the same and 'newer' is 'better'. Thats why they can still sell those new dongles instead of the old boxes.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

any horse racing updates on the paid service?

is that cool Australia feeds history? seem to be down past month,
(That rEB bull station only found there Australia I guess, was pretty cool)
no longer listed AUS (test)

anything new? will they bring back those movie channels?

world cup should be great and Royal ascot coverage will be really great.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Horse racing channel has been added to the Sports [USA/Canada] section a few days ago.

New 24/7 channels added 2 days ago.

Clint Eastwood
Jackie Chan
Bruce Lee

2 new tv series from the classic tv 24/7 section.
V the series and another I forget.

Wide selection of ABC channels from all the major cities coming any day now.

Nitro bigger and better than ever.

Don't you look around the different categories TRY?

Loaded with cool content you don't seem to be aware of.

Bushay

NHL Expert

3-4 new channels from the 24/7 music section

SoulTrain seems to be fixed from just playing one season only.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

Horse racing channel has been added to the Sports [USA/Canada] section a few days ago.

New 24/7 channels added 2 days ago.

Clint Eastwood
Jackie Chan
Bruce Lee

2 new tv series from the classic tv 24/7 section.
V the series and another I forget.

Wide selection of ABC channels from all the major cities coming any day now.

Nitro bigger and better than ever.

Don't you look around the different categories TRY?

Loaded with cool content you don't seem to be aware of.
always look around thats what is fun on this. but going to number 103 in USA/CA I did not do yesterday

its REd circle now not sure what hours that new channel channel is live. but its listed. good stuff

you should blog or make marketing updates on new content, and mention that stuff that leaves and might come back

best thing by far is access to SKY sports F1 coverage - that has been most interesting not just the race but the qualifying, the pitshow after show. its well done.

when you say nitro bigger and better what exactly is different or bigger, what is nitro you mean the terrarium TV package of movies and TV shows? is that nitro?

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

3-4 new channels from the 24/7 music section

SoulTrain seems to be fixed from just playing one season only.
d new music channels there is reggaeton ,

I did have that season of soul train memorized! like those music stations wish they would add more bands, nothing against depeche mode, or the cure...

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

or is nitro TV the huge selection of channels that the Perfect Player is running?

Bushay

NHL Expert

Try. you're still not grasping things.

I do blog everything in the FB group I created.

Gamblers don't like to expose their true identity so never join things like this. Always something to hide it seems.

Out of may 100 sticks I've sold in these forums I may have 2 that joined. 3 tops.

Nitro has a much better golf section than SmoothStreams. They carry all the rounds of the PGA tourneys and more.

Nitro is a whole completely different app than Nitro. How long have you been buying sticks from me Try? C'mon now.

The bands you are referring to is only 24/7 music. there is a whole nother group loaded with music content from the Music Choice service. We've had that over 6 months now.

:cheers

Bushay

NHL Expert

Lots of brand new groups too.

NBC Gold and ESPN 3 added this week.

Not a service out out there even close to what Nitro offers.

our guys are scooping up all the settv subscribers and never knew what they were missing I’m being told.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Try. you're still not grasping things.

I do blog everything in the FB group I created.

Gamblers don't like to expose their true identity so never join things like this. Always something to hide it seems.

Out of may 100 sticks I've sold in these forums I may have 2 that joined. 3 tops.

Nitro has a much better golf section than SmoothStreams. They carry all the rounds of the PGA tourneys and more.

Nitro is a whole completely different app than Nitro. How long have you been buying sticks from me Try? C'mon now.

The bands you are referring to is only 24/7 music. there is a whole nother group loaded with music content from the Music Choice service. We've had that over 6 months now.

:cheers
Should read Nitro a completely different app than Terrarium.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

I'll upgrade from 4.75 to 5 stars when I can save favorite channels again.......any idea if VOD is coming back?

Bushay

NHL Expert

I'll upgrade from 4.75 to 5 stars when I can save favorite channels again.......any idea if VOD is coming back?
All you need is the latest nitro Pro app. Can save all you like. And a new and improved Nitro pro about to drop any day now. Or any minute. Why have you not contacted your reseller about helping you get this app? Or did you, unfortunately, get your sub right from the NItro home page?

When Disney filed the lawsuit against SETTV, any IPTV service with servers on US ground took them down when things blow over. Plan is to get them back one day but no one knows when. They were the best set of VOD movies I've ever run across. Quality was 2nd to none.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Looks like the Aussie section is history. Too bad as I did watch it a lot. I haven’t gone thru all of the catagories to see what has been added, did notice a Sports Illustrated channel that is new. I have been watching the CFL.

bushay - what is the fb group you have?

Bushay

NHL Expert

Looks like the Aussie section is history. Too bad as I did watch it a lot. I haven’t gone thru all of the catagories to see what has been added, did notice a Sports Illustrated channel that is new. I have been watching the CFL.

bushay - what is the fb group you have?
it’s set to secret, so we need to be FB friends for you to get in, or another member can add you if your friends with them. I post all new info reguardeing our firesticks or anything new concerning Nitro, like new channels or info on if their down, when they might be back up. Also a place to ask questions should you have them. The other members are good at helping too. Over 300 members now.

the Sports illustrated channel is pretty decent as well as the NBC Gold group. I was flipping thru it the other day and came across 2 live MLB games, an arena football game, and something else I wasn’t expecting I never imagined I’d see there. Maybe some live auto racing, I forget.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Can someone help me turn on my firestick? My cat chewed the cord and ive been without tv for 3 days. Lol

Sleepy

EOG Master

no ESPNU
no ESPN+
no PAC12 channel

and probably a lot more you need that they don't have

a great deal for those that don't gamble

Bushay

NHL Expert

no ESPNU
no ESPN+
no PAC12 channel

and probably a lot more you need that they don't have

a great deal for those that don't gamble
You haven't got the first clue as to what you have OR need.

All those channels are available on a good IPTV service but you keep app hoping to look for your games dopey while the rest of us use one app that has everything build in one. for a fraction of what you pay.

You get dumber every time you comment on anything to do with streaming content. Don't stop commenting though as you know I get a kick out of listing to you struggle with this.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO