American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion

PO69

EOG Master
Re: American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion

Last season was my favorite season of all! I am really into this season, but some of these guys have no business being in the top 12.

I am going out on a limb and guessing that the judges WILL USE the save at some time. I mean just use it to add suspense for the next week. It would also ad.d a drama for next season as well.

They had better still have American Idol in 8 years when my daughter wants to try out. She watches it every week and has sung in 3 talent shows 4-5 minute solos. But she is only 8 years old at this time. We may get her professional lessons, but they really dont have that around here

IIRC,
they can only use it this week or next week. Pretty apparent that barring a catastrophe Adam and Danny will both be safe this week and next. That means they would have to decide whether to use it this week or next. I'm guessing that Matt, Kris, or Allison would be the ones worth saving as they have thrown Lil completely under the bus and Anoop is quite frankly uninspiring. So if they do use it, and why not use it since it would be better for ratings and that is what everything they attempt to do is all about, there is a pretty decent chance it is used this week.

PO69

EOG Master

I must admit that this week is the first week of the contest that I have NO IDEA whom to pick. basically if you miss a week, then you cant win from what I can tell. You may not even be able to come in second by missing a week either.

I am kicking ass in therx version of the contest though

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

It looks like Matt might go bye-bye. I do not think the judges will save him since he stunk it up.

Apple

Banned

If Matt is the one with the lowest vote count the judges will likely use their save which expires soon anyway..

I gotta say that Anoop did very well, by far his best performance..

I think its time that Kris Allen goes home, he has 0% chance of winning anyway.. I sure hope its him that goes tomorrow.

JeffEaglz

EOG Enthusiast

Let's play "What should they sing if you picked their song"....

I'll start - Anoop - "Never Gonna Give You Up" - Rick Astley.

what kind of music will adam do? all he really does is that annoying screech/scream thing that gets people salivating at their mouths over him. Sure he is an ok performer, but i can't picture him in the booth doing that patent scream? I think Allison and Gookey have a much better chance of succeeding career wise, and Idol knows this. Hopefully they pull the shocker, and get this weirdo out of this competition.

Having ridiculous computer problems tonight:

American Idol Season 8- Top 7- Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Time to indulge in our weekly masochistic tendencies as we subject ourselves to the torture known as American Idol. Fittingly, our fetishistic perversions are supplemented by the celebrity mentor du jour, Quentin Tarantino. We may not get some good music tonight, but we for damn sure are going to at least get a good cheeseburger.

Allison is singing one of the most overrated ballads of all time, Aerosmith?s ?I Don?t Wanna Miss a Thing?. Bonus points if you can name the cinematic disaster this song is from (all I know is something about an asteroid destroying Earth). With pants that match her shock-top hair, Allison sounds a bit flat on a few notes but brings the heat towards the end. Considering she?s the only truly talented singer left in the competition, it would be nice if they would start with the powerful backup vocals, special lighting, etc. You know the pimpage treatment.

One-upping Allison, Anoop manages to pick unquestionably the most overrated ballad ever. It?s that melodic vomit known as the Bryan Adams ?Robin Hood? song. This choice and the dreaded second slot should be the death knell for Anoop-dogg?s Idol chances. Completely fell asleep on that one and it absolutely bored me to tears. My maid said he sang it well, but really isn?t his 15 minutes up yet?

Gay Adam is singing ?Born to be Wild? and Quentin Tarantino get to taste him. To make matters worse I?ve lost my internet connection and the computer keeps messing up. Unfortunately my television reception stays constant throughout as Adam sleepwalks through another over the top ridiculous performance. I guess people will like it, but I absolutely don?t get it. That was just awful in my opinion.

Matt the Mole is singing some other shitty Bryan Adams song. Apparently he is taking over the role of piano crooner now that Scott has seen the light. Replace the Danny Noonan-fro with a big third eye mole as your signature physical trait and really there is not much difference (outside of the blind thing of course). It sucked, but then it was Bryan Adams so that is sort of redundant. Add in it was on American Idol, and trebly so.

I?m getting angrier by the minute with this computer problem and the sight of Danny Gokey does nothing to calm the rage. Gokey looks like even more of a douche without his glasses and he?s continuing the trend of songs overheard in a vomatorium with ?Endless Love?. Sounding much like the mating of Mormon tard-boy and a mountain goat, Danny does nothing to soothe the flames of mediocrity.

Jesus this fucking show is horrible. It?s not likely Kris can save it at this point. We?re back to the heartfelt emotional Kris of two weeks ago. He even throws in a creepy monkey face at the end. Despite that he actually had a connection with that song something Adam or Danny never will have. Of course I?m so far beyond caring at this point that irrelevance would not even describe the feeling.

Lil Rounds is ending the show which I swear took four hours, maybe longer. She?s singing ?The Rose? which fits perfectly with tonight?s theme of crappy songs from movies. Outside of a new wig, it is the same exact off-key mediocrity we have come to expect from her. Why she ever made it this far is beyond me? But then again I?m someone that could probably fit a one hour show into a one window, so a lot of things about this show escape my grasp.

I can?t go on. Either my liver will explode from the amount of alcohol it will take to tolerate this travesty of show business weekly or the rage from seeing manipulation and mediocrity in place of true talent will take me past the point of no return. That?s all she wrote. Doberman out.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Very very funny, green. funniest post i can ever remember posted....

Current odds on Matchbook to go home:

Matt +101
Anoop +360
Kris +370
Lil +500

Quite different than the order Dial Idol has.

Sorry that did not come out right, here is the DialIdol order from top to bottom:

Danny
Lil
Adam
Anoop
Allison
Matt
Kris

Last edited:

PO69

EOG Master

PLEASE USE THE SAVE TONIGHT!!!! It is my only chance at placing in the contest! You really cant afford to be wrong a single week the rest of the season

Not a big surprise. Next week will be more interesting at least. I guess. Can't get much worse with the "acting" of the judges. Let's see Paula cries every single time someone is eliminating. Paula isn't crying. Hmm, I wonder if they are going to use the save. You judges huddle and pretend you are contemplating it. Stage director exhorts crowd to chant save during this (sad part is you can actually see this on TV for those that have TiVo).

I think roller derby is less predictable.

It has Kris going home.

Best bet tonight is "The Save".

dialidol been wrong 2 weeks in a row with there bottom pick, Kris has been the lowest the last 2 weeks and has not even been bottom 3 he must get a lot of text message votes. Anoop and Lil need to go home next week.

But the final has been set for a long time Danny vs. Adam

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Dial Idol was way off this week. I wonder what caused that? Kris was at the bottom the last two weeks at Dial Idol but not even in the bottom 3 on the results show. This must mean he gets a ton of text votes. Lil must get very little. Finished 2nd behind Danny at Dial Idol but is in the bottom 3 on the show.

Wynn

EOG Enthusiast

I am tired of everyone saying that this show is staged and the singers have no talent. I mean these kids are singing their hearts outs and the judges are sweating it out under the white-hot spotlight of live TV and all you people can do is....

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

My g_d, how stupid does Studio 19 think their viewers are? We are supposed to believe that Paula does not script her comments, that the judges actually discuss a contestant's performance or that the audience isn't staged?

I guess the real question is when did American Idol jump the shark?

not sure why everyone was so happy that Zit boy got saved? he is your competitor, if I was in the competition i want him going home. one less contestant i have to deal with. do you think Michael Jordan, or Kobe Bryant would be high fiving, and dry humping Patrick Ewing, or Lebron James if they just hit the game winning shot sending it to game 7? just shows how much heartless pussies they all are.

LOL homedawg. with all due respect, you are clueless. first of all, these people become very good friends and genuinely want each other to do well. second, if they show happiness when someone else is booted off, america will never forgive them and they will be booted the next week....u dont watch too much american idol, do you sir?

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Susan Boyle is what American Idol should be about, which is finding untapped talent. I have said for years they do not need age limits on Idol, then maybe they wont get these casts of misfits, plants and 16 year olds.

Idol has turned into a very bad trashy reality show which I cannot even stomach watching anymore this year. From Hollywood week ( Focusing there on crying, "drama", fights, ect.) instead of singing, they have stooped low trying to get ratings. Now they cant even come close to figuring out how to space it or get the four judges comment for everyone.

It is not just recent where they cannot space, its always. I could have read a book in the time after Nathaniel Marshall sang where judges and he went back and fourth. Jorge Nunez got forever too and started crying happy tears ( not faked) and got so happy he started talking in spanish, which would have appealed to a lot of voters. Kendall Beard, who has a lot of personality and would have been helped a lot if she had been able to talk, got about 3 seconds due to time getting short. According to dialidol, Jorge narrowly beat out Kendall. Had Kendall been given equal time, I think she would have made the top 12 instead of Jorge. They dont do it on purpose, it isnt like they thought they really had something with Jorge, they just suck at this.

It is a problem too every year with people like Gokey are shown relentlessly before the top 36 and others like Ricky Braddy are not seen at all.

The people responsible for producing this should be fired for gross incompetence.

LOL homedawg. with all due respect, you are clueless. first of all, these people become very good friends and genuinely want each other to do well. second, if they show happiness when someone else is booted off, america will never forgive them and they will be booted the next week....u dont watch too much american idol, do you sir?

i've watched every single episode since season 3. i don't care how good of friends i become with the person when it comes down to it i want to win more then i want to lose.

akillies

EOG Veteran

despite the incompetence, idol remains no. 1 and everyone associated is gettin rich

Wynn

EOG Enthusiast

despite the incompetence, idol remains no. 1 and everyone associated is gettin rich
<dl><dt>"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
</dt><dd class="author">
H. L. Mencken</dd><dd class="author">US editor (1880 - 1956)</dd></dl>​

Susan Boyle is what American Idol should be about, which is finding untapped talent. I have said for years they do not need age limits on Idol, then maybe they wont get these casts of misfits, plants and 16 year olds.

Idol has turned into a very bad trashy reality show which I cannot even stomach watching anymore this year. From Hollywood week ( Focusing there on crying, "drama", fights, ect.) instead of singing, they have stooped low trying to get ratings. Now they cant even come close to figuring out how to space it or get the four judges comment for everyone.

It is not just recent where they cannot space, its always. I could have read a book in the time after Nathaniel Marshall sang where judges and he went back and fourth. Jorge Nunez got forever too and started crying happy tears ( not faked) and got so happy he started talking in spanish, which would have appealed to a lot of voters. Kendall Beard, who has a lot of personality and would have been helped a lot if she had been able to talk, got about 3 seconds due to time getting short. According to dialidol, Jorge narrowly beat out Kendall. Had Kendall been given equal time, I think she would have made the top 12 instead of Jorge. They dont do it on purpose, it isnt like they thought they really had something with Jorge, they just suck at this.

It is a problem too every year with people like Gokey are shown relentlessly before the top 36 and others like Ricky Braddy are not seen at all.

The people responsible for producing this should be fired for gross incompetence.

great post, but like everything else in this country, the masses will take what they are spoonfed, and what they are spoonfed they will become addicted to.

The saying should be "Give the people what they want", it should be "Tell the people what they want"

Actually had the Mencken quote in mind reading this and saw the post. Props Wynn.:thumbsup

Remember the original premise of the show was to find "America's best undiscovered talent".

Now the premise is to cast some marginally talented entertainers and see which one comes out in the wash.

A look at the top 10 rated shows on TV should tell you the American public is not the sharpest knife in the drawer as a whole. Look at box office receipts as more evidence.

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Who will be the two contestants leaving the show next week? Will it be two guys?

Time for another Doberman Idol contender. Finalist #12 is from the land down under. Nothing wrong with a little Pearl Jam either. Here's Hayley Legg:

Current Pinnacle odds, it's a two-man race according to them:

<TABLE onmouseover="changeto(event, '#E6E6E6')" style="WIDTH: 100%" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#E6E6E6')" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_5><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Tue 4/21</TD><TD colSpan=2>Odds to win 2009 American Idol</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>05:00 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">401 Adam Lambert</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">-214</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>402 Danny Gokey</TD><TD>+300</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>403 Lil Rounds</TD><TD>+4500</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>404 Matt Giraud</TD><TD>+4000</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>405 Allison Iraheta</TD><TD>+1528</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>408 Anoop Desai</TD><TD>+4500</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>409 Kris Allen</TD><TD>+1304</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Apple

Banned

Kris Allen, Anoop Desai, Matt G.

Two of these three are going home Wed.

PO69

EOG Master

GD - do you like field +185 over Adam Lambert ?

The problem with the +185 is that NO ONE CAN beat Lambert by possibly Gokey. So if you are betting against Lambert, then you need to take the +300 on Gokey or +330 that I say at another site for Gokey

The problem with the +185 is that NO ONE CAN beat Lambert by possibly Gokey. So if you are betting against Lambert, then you need to take the +300 on Gokey or +330 that I say at another site for Gokey

good thinking. stupid question on my part looking back at it. for some reason i still feel allison has an outside shot, but her chances are very slim. i still feel idol may shy away from having a gay idol, therefore Gokey +300 may be the play.

roach23

Banned

good thinking. stupid question on my part looking back at it. for some reason i still feel allison has an outside shot, but her chances are very slim. i still feel idol may shy away from having a gay idol, therefore Gokey +300 may be the play.

i like allison as well.