American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion

Apple

Banned
Re: American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion

Guys,

Is Lil Rounds definitely going home like Simon said? Thoughts?

Not according to the data sites, Gyno. Based on everything else, yes she deserves it. Kinda depends what you believe and how accurate things are really.

My gut says yes, my gambler says no.

Apple

Banned

Who are the data sites saying might get the boot GD?

BTW IMO, Kris Allen had his best performance of the season.

Totally agree with you there Gyno, gave mad props to Kris.

They have Allison bottom with Matt and Kris afterwards. Very close statisically though. Separating gambling from real life, it would be a crime if Kris went home off that. He buried everyone, including Adam, all biases aside.

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Lil is going to survive another round. I would say Matt is definitely a goner. In a surprise vote off. I predict Allison gets the boot.

Since Allison along with Adam is from Calif. I have to believe Adam will get a voting boost when she gets axed.

Props to the voters for getting this completely wrong. If you switch Adam and Matt in the DialIdol order then it is basically completely backwards of where it should be were this based on objectivity. Truly amazing although unsurprising.

PO69

EOG Master

GD, MATT wasnt even CLOSE to Adam last night!

I mean on a scale of 1 to 10, Matt was a 6 and Adam was a 9

Read it again PO. I said if you switch Matt and Adam then the order is backwards. Meaning Adam was in the top and Matt in the bottom as far as performance last night.

PO69

EOG Master

Oh, I read it right I guess, but I just didnt know the order from dialidol. I stopped looking since I obviously couldnt read it right.

DialIdol order is:

Lil
Adam
Danny
Anoop
Matt
Kris
Allison.

So if you flip Matt and Adam it has the worst at the top and the best at the bottom.

In my best completely unbiased point of view, the actual order based on performance should be:

Kris
Allison
Adam
Anoop
Danny
Matt
Lil

Just about completely the opposite of what the charts say.

roach23

Banned

People seriously think Lil did well yesterday?

I'm surpised Anoop is in the middle of the pack. I thought he was mediocre at best.

And total shcoker that Allison is on the bottom. I thought she did well. And i think out of this entire bunch she has the best shot and becoming a legit pop star.

PO69

EOG Master

Allisons voters are texting most likely. Not too many older people would bother to text.

GD, you know what is unusual?? We actually stand to do better if LIL doesnt leave tonight in terms of the Betphoenix contest. Alot of others took Lil as the double which should be the easiest pick of this whole contest.

I know one thing that I will NEVER be able to beat you if you both plays tonight

PO69

EOG Master

Well shit! Lil Rounds is gone!!!

Now we have a BIG tie at the top

PO69

EOG Master

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Matt stays. Well I cant win that damn contest now

PO69

EOG Master

By the way, how bad did the faggot Archuleta sing tonight???????

I dont think that FAGBOY could finish in the top 5 this season

I think 1st, 2nd and 3rd place medals for this years idol are pretty well decided

Gold ..Adam
Silver... Danny
Bronze...Kris

Next week will be interesting for the contest between Allison and Matt they might not want to lose there only female left in the conrtest so slight lean toward Matt going next week but if one really bombs next week then that coud change

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I think 1st, 2nd and 3rd place medals for this years idol are pretty well decided

Gold ..Adam
Silver... Danny
Bronze...Kris

Next week will be interesting for the contest between Allison and Matt they might not want to lose there only female left in the conrtest so slight lean toward Matt going next week but if one really bombs next week then that coud change

it would be a mistake to think dialidol is accurate. lambert has been fluctuating there though, much like Daughtery

No idea if Kris Allen will win, but he has never been in the bottom 3

Allison jumps up and down depending on how good she is

dialidol was way off this week i think they had Lil as getting the most votes ,text messaging has really killed their accuracy the last couple years.

So im saying IMO I think Adam,Danny and Kris are lock for the final 3 and Danny and Adam final 2 and I think Adam wins easily.

I think next weeks battle is between Matt and Allison for who leaves next.

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Greed killed me tonight. Before Tuesday's show I bet Matt to get eliminated at +153 at MB, and today Matt was +185 to stay. I held tight and lost instead of taking the guaranteed profit. 2348ji23e

FuriousDrew

EOG Member

On an unrelated note, "KC" from KC and the Sunshine band had to be one of the worst guest idol performances ever.

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

On an unrelated note, "KC" from KC and the Sunshine band had to be one of the worst guest idol performances ever.

What about the thug that was on last week as an idol singing guest? He spewed incoherrent jibberish.

Wynn

EOG Enthusiast

This week is "Rat Pack" week on Idol.
Great, I can't wait to hear Adam turn Sammy Davis Jr.'s "Candyman" into a serious ballad while Allison screams out Dino's "Strangers in the Night".

2348ji23e

Who are the data sites saying might get the boot GD?

BTW IMO, Kris Allen had his best performance of the season.

:cheers

I couldn't agree more....and not just cuz I think he's dreamy...and I do. ;)

I think Kris is the most current. I don't see Adam winning this thing. I'm not saying the guy isn't talented, but I just don't think he has the mainstream appeal.

Doberman Idol finalist #13, Derek Cate. Going to battling a few others for the country male vote:

Last edited:

Doberman Idol finalist #14, Lana McKissack. She's sort of the theater Adam Lambert version but sorta hot and not nearly as gay entry:

She tends to talk a few seconds before she sings. This one is not as talky as others.

Song spoilers, courtesy Joe's Place:

Kris Allen - ?The Way You Look Tonight? - Jamie said ?I want to make an album with you now?
Allison Iraheta - ?Someone to Watch Over Me?
Matt Giraud - ?My Funny Valentine? - Jamie suggested changes - Matt doesn?t play piano
Danny Gokey - ?Come Rain Come Shine? - Jamie suggested changes
Adam Lambert - ?Feeling Good? (the muse version) -Jamie liked Adam
The best: Kris, Allison and Adam

My review is done and I'll hopefully post it later. I'm having computer problems again and can't seem to cut and paste. It's not that good anyway and I want to watch the game 7 hockey contests. So I'll go ahead and give the floor to others like Jeff.

If you want my quick summary, I hated all 5 people. They suck and this show is an affront and abomination to the music industry. Someone should file a class-action lawsuit on behalf of all those out there with taste and decency.

PO69

EOG Master

Greendoberman, this season has had the best singers of any season from what I have heard from others