American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion

Mr. Smith

EOG Master
Re: American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion

I dont think the mid-America is voting yet. Kris will beat him up there and in the west before it gets to Cali-Oregon-Washington. West coast is liberal, Adam can do better there. If anything, I think Kris opens the lead up a little more by the end of the night, just talking about dial idol numbers

PO69

EOG Master

How in the HELL can Kris be -300 now though?? It is MAYBE a toss-up right now.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

they are waiting there, I guess for voting to be over. no betting now

PO69

EOG Master

Kris's last song really sucked, that is all that I know. And Gaybert won the second song as well.

But I am going with DOOBIE here and taking that Adam gets second place. Hey maybe I can win something that way

JeffEaglz

EOG Enthusiast

<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 2.4 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> This is.....Final Jeopardy.....and THIS......is American Idol! Two are all that remain ? not exactly an epic clash of titans, and far from Thunderdome. This is a singing contest, remember? Wrong, actually ? it is a POPULARITY contest. Will the All-American, Apple Pie Kris defeat Broadway Adam? We'll get three songs from each to decide ? their favorite song from this season, a choice from Simon Fuller, and Kara's song for the winner ? and several viewers are watching for the first time and judging solely on these six songs ? so here we go:

1. Kris Allen (2) ? Kris' Choice: ?Ain't No Sunshine?, another great choice. Kris sits behind the piano (another chance to show his versatility), his emotion comes through and the vocals were dare I say perfect. Great control throughout the song and a very good arrangement with the subtle string orchestra as a backdrop. Kris nailed that first performance and the judges agreed ? giving him the early edge.

1. Adam Lambert (3) ? Simon Fuller's choice: ?Change is Gonna Come?. Interesting pick, and one that gives Adam the chance to show off three things ? his cool, soulful side, his high register, and his ability to pull off a classic suit. The judges (and over-tanned Paula) go nuts for it, but like the high notes both were a bit over the top. It was ?classic Adam?, and it's up to people to decide if that's a good thing or not.

1. Adam Lambert (1) ? ?Mad World? redux. Strong start to the show, big theatrical performance despite the reserved and controlled vocals. Very good start and a wise choice considering all the praise it got the first time around and the controversy about many DVR owners not seeing the first rendition. Great start.
  2. Kris Allen (4) ? Simon Fuller's choice was ?What's Goin' On? from Marvin Gaye. What can I say ? I liked it (unlike Simon) and I don't think it was that close at all to Marvin's version. Yes, it was folksy, but it sounded good. Nothing super-strong, but a good enough performance.
  3. Adam Lambert (5) ? Kara's song for the single for each, called ?No Boundaries?. Wow, that sucked. Not necessarily Adam, but that song should get Kara voted off. All I could think of was ?I guess Kara is picking Kris?. That song does nothing for Adam (but he tried at the end) but come on ? no way should Lambert be recording that kind of drivel. Kris? Maybe. We'll have to hear it. As for the judges' comments - ?You can sing whatever? from Paula, pretty funny. Simon? He blew off the song (and rightly so) ? even funnier. Simon pimps him more there after his final performance.
  4. Kris Allen (6) ? Kara's choice again - ?No Boundaries?. I wish there were boundaries, because they went beyond them in force-feeding these guys this crap. Kris didn't even have his heart into this sappy song. However, it sounded more believeable coming out of him, but at times it sounded as too big for him and out of his range. I can't fault him for being forced into singing it.

My breakdown, round by round: Round 1 ? Kris. Round 2 ? Adam. Round 3 ? Anyone who's deaf or turned the show off early. Overall? The scoring (6 points for 1<sup>st</sup>, etc.) is a virtual tie ? Adam 11, Kris 10 ? but that last song should be tossed which makes it 9-9. It's a draw (as it should be) and up to personal preference.

Who Should Win ? Adam probably has done the most this season, so odds are that he should be the winner.

Who Will Win ? Kris. He's done more of late and he needs the push from American Idol. Adam can go out and make his own career now, no worries ? but Kris needs this pseudo-title to help him get that ball rolling.

wiskers

EOG Dedicated

i spent the whole year hoping glambert would get kicked out, but i still think he is the best this year

PO69

EOG Master

So everyone is like me here and never actually votes in this contest? I have never voted, but thought that I would vote for Adam 2 times. Someone has to know the number

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

cant get thru called 11 times, put in 1 vote

I like it

monkey boy voters hard at work

Apple

Banned

<TABLE class=contents cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="95%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="5%"></TD><TD class=long-contest vAlign=top align=middle width="70%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=lines-contest-title colSpan=4><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=lines-contest-title>2009 AMERICAN IDOL CHAMPION (1-Pay)</TD><TD class=lines-contest-title align=right>$100 WIN </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=lines-contest-header><TD vAlign=bottom width="74%" height=25>Series Name <TD vAlign=bottom align=right width="8%">Sell <TD vAlign=bottom align=right width="8%">Buy <TD vAlign=bottom width="10%"><TR class=lines-contest-oddrow><TD>KRIS ALLEN <TD align=right>70 <TD align=right>75 <TD noWrap align=right>-300 <TR class=lines-contest-evenrow><TD>ADAM LAMBERT <TD align=right>25 <TD align=right>30 <TD noWrap align=right>+233</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

awww yeahhh.

Wow.. Retarded odds, wish I could of gotten down on some of that..

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

apparently Corkrey is dating Anoop Dawg, proving she really is crazy and wasnt just faking it on the show.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

votes going in easy now. i guess everyone went to bed.

ill probably put a couple hundred votes in

should not matter, but tell that to Al Gore. they were arguiing over every single damned ballot in Florida and that wasnt over some goofy singing contest

FuriousDrew

EOG Member

My pick to win is Kris. His voting base is simply too strong, and Adam's performances were not dominant enough.

Will this go down as the biggest upset in idol history? I think so without a doubt.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Carrie got up to +240 vs Bo Bice and that was live betting during the results show.

Kris is already pick-em.

that Carrie line was crazy beyond belief. For some reason, bookies got flooded with Bo money all day Wednesday after they had sang and line just kept going up.

FuriousDrew

EOG Member

I remember that Carrie line. That was the last final I remember that was this tight.

PO69

EOG Master

I sure as hell hope that you were active at betphoenix before today! DialIdol has been wrong before, but I do admit that I have a bad feeling.

Adam doesnt need the win to have a great career in music. But Kris couldnt do shit without the victory. Kris sounds too much like other singers in his genre.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Bad show last night. Singers singing songs no one has ever heard of, judgetards sucking simon fullers cock on horrible song choices by him, judgetards showing bias on songs they wrote, pimping coke as usual and on and on and on.

hopefully tonight will be better.

JeffEaglz

EOG Enthusiast

If Kris wins, GreenDoberman and I finish 1-2 in the contest.

I like that outcome.

:cheers

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

so whats the deal Doberman, do you think Kris is going to get there?

ballwonder

EOG Master

so whats the deal Doberman, do you think Kris is going to get there?

I would think so, he voted for him. I am really pissed at myself as I was going to change my mind at the last minute and did not. Literally before sending my pm to Blondie I stared at that screen and thought it was a coin toss.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2163561 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>Mr. Smith<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2163561", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Veteran

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2163561 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>so whats the deal Doberman, do you think Kris is going to get there?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Money-wise really does not matter to me at this point. I'm certainly rooting for him for you though. I look at this as unbiased as I can and search and interpret the data.

A couple things regarding that:

- Very statistically close margin right now, given error deviations it really is tough to call right now.

- Everything I have indicated around a 51/49 percentage split. While this may sound very close, it is not as much as it seems as this is about the breakdown of Obama/McCain and in a two-horse race typically the case.

- Data interpretation is only as good as the data provided. While on the surface the data would be seem to be unreliable, anyone with experience in poll sampling knows that there are statistically significant sample sizes available to interpolate.

-Anyone who did not make a significant return on investment this year did not do a very good job and let emotion dictate over the marketplace and common reasoning. In essence, this is a microcosm of gambling in general.

-While this show sucks donkey dicks, the wagering and elimination aspect and subtle manipulations are fascinating psychological studies I could probably write a dissertation on. I won't though.

-I'm confident in predicting that tonight's winner will not be Lil Rounds.

Good day.

That site also predicting 100 million votes cast but they did 100 million in last years final and this year they left the phone lines open 4 hours instead of 2 and texting is even more popular then a year ago so im guessing Ryan will say that there was close to or over 110 million votes cast last night. TB will be a factor in contest

But what the hell do I know i used my double shot on kris last week:shoot:

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

zabasearch got it wrong a couple years ago, then simply changed their pick and updated their webpage with the correct winner and said they picked it.

I dont think they have any ability to monitor the voting at all, they are just looking for someone like CNN to pick up on their "predictions" and give them free publicity, (Website can pick American Idol!) which is of course very valuble and will drive a lot of hits to their website.

zabasearch got it wrong a couple years ago, then simply changed their pick and updated their webpage with the correct winner.

I dont think they have any ability to monitor the voting at all, they are just looking for someone like CNN to pick up on their "predictions" and give them free publicity, (Website can pick American Idol!) which is of course very valuble and will drive a lot of hits to their website.

I just found the link at another AI forum first I heard of them thanks for the info

GL tonight !

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Adam may win, maybe not, but dont bet based on what zabasearch says.

fraudsters

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

A few week ago Zabasearch had Adam Lambert lead vote getter for the week....the week Adam was in the bottom 2.

Last year, Zabasearch predicted Archie the AI winner over Cook. Cook won by a landslide.

Final analysis--Zabasearch is a fraud.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

west coasters on 3 hour delay, keep results out of thread headings for that time span, im sure anyone from the west coast would appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

A few week ago Zabasearch had Adam Lambert lead vote getter for the week....the week Adam was in the bottom 2.

Last year, Zabasearch predicted Archie the AI winner over Cook. Cook won by a landslide.

Final analysis--Zabasearch is a fraud.

complete fraud yes.