American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion

Mr. Smith

EOG Master
Re: American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion

LOL, Kris just pulled a David Cook on the American sheep.

Go see post #1473 in this thread. Doberman Idol>American Idol.

Haha, ****face Kara and Gokey can hit the bricks kid.

Didn't see that one coming did you. Derek Cate folks, from the Doberman, and you thought no one read this thread. I guess someone did.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Seems like a drunken RX, er I mean EOG post. But I badly need Kris to win. I have not watched the crapfest in like 5 weeks. But GO KRIS

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I just listened to Adam sing "one" by U2 video and music at rickey.org

Never heard anything like that in my life. I am absolutely stunned by how bad that was. I get it my opinion here wont amount to a bag of feathers, but that was just horrid. I have no words, that was awful.

Lambert makes me sick with his whole screaming act. The U2 song didn't need that. He started out good singing it straight, but then totally ruined it with his squealing. Brutal. The way he sticks his tongue out when he is in the middle of his screams makes me think of him tonguing his boy friends asshole. Puke. Send this bitch home,then let's watch him really squeal

dialidol has Danny going Paula screwed him with the song she picked for him, Adam wins easily but it might end up being a Adam - Kris finale and screw me in the contest here

how obvious was it that they were pimping Gokey and Adam for the finals. I thought the One Republic song Kris did was better then Adam's first song and he basically got shit on for song choice. Umm Kara you dumb fuck didn't you pick the song, what the hell do you want him to do? He switched it up a little bit. Last nights pimping was more obvious then ever.

SHOULD be

Allison, Gokey, or Gokey, Kris

but obviously will be the mega showdown of Gokey vs Gaybert

can a mod unlock the AI contest thread so we can see who people picked

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Gay Lambert licking his boyfriends smelly asshole is making me sick. It would be nice to see him get the boot tonight but AI pimped this guy to the point of embarrassment. Even Simon telling people to make sure they vote for Adam at the end of the show. "Don't assume he is safe".

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Wow dead-wife loser finally gone really helped me. I had him not to win, pretty good sized bet at -200

but I just checked, I have Kris at 21-1 to win. I also have a decent chunk on Adam not to win -250 ( bad bet from long ago)

Can Kris actually win this thing? Has the pimping of Adam been relentless? I have not watched in about 5 weeks. Iraheta should have won.

Smith,
At least this year you listened to me and didn't fall in love with some tard like the Mormon hobbit. I'm surprised 21-1 is the best you got on Kris. Come on man, Doberman had him at no higher than 10-1 the whole time, do you really still believe the oddsmakers over me?

Anyway, Adam is -300 Kris +250/260 right now. So I'm pretty sure you and others can just add to the windfall some more regardless if you scalp it out or if you have Adam to win as well.

As for whether Kris can win, well let's break it down with the vote counts from this week:

Adam 34 million (I'm playing devil's advocate here, Kris may have gotten more votes in actuality)
Kris 33 million
Danny 31 million

Approximated and rounded for ease of use.

Now hmm, who are those Danny voters going to. Judging from his hometown video and background they are either church-going folk, obese women in lust, or Middle-American dullards.

I'm trying to figure out which way they will lean, hmmmm.

Kris has pulled outstanding performances out of his ass a couple weeks and Adam has been rather one-dimensional (ok two, occasionally he steals youtube covers like Cook). Even in the weeks Adam did well by popular opinion (Mad World, Tracks of my Tears) he was still hardly a landslide top vote getter if at all.

Add in, the anti-gay vote (Adam is gay if you haven't paid attention, Kris is married), the anti-plant vote (Adam is a seasoned broadway performer, Kris can name all four seasons probably), and the anti-Judges vote (as stupid as Americans are they hate to be patronized or told what to do), and with that you have a classic value bet and possible, if not likely, upset.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

David Archuletta was dreamy

Krissy is dreamy too

Im going to go join his fanclub at one of the forums

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Gokey looks like some sort of cartoon villian. I could not for the life of me figure out who was actually picking up the phone and taking time to vote for him

Gotcha Smith.

You should at least catch the show tonight for the hilarity of the hometown videos.

Gokey's Milwaukee reunion may have personally been responsible for a future 20% drop in Wisconsin tourism.

And I defy you to find anyone over 12 in Adam's visit. That and the fact they had to let his high school out for an assembly so anyone would show up was sad.

How those two made Arkansas seem normal and hip by comparison I don't understand, but they did.

It truly was one of the Idol :doh1 moments.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Katy looking super, nice ass shots, and beautiful cleavage shot right at the end when she bent down to pick something up. Big fan!

Alicia Keys looking amazing as usual. Who doesn't love Alicia Keys?

You know what's interesting, the eliminated singer always seems to knock it out of the park on their swan song song. Danny was really really good imo on his swan song tonight, that was one of his best performances in the entire competition. Same thing with Allison the previous week, her crybaby was much better than the one she did the night before.

i guess the pressure is off once they are eliminated and they know its their last chance to shine, so they let it all hang out and their talent and emotion comes thru.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Smith,
At least this year you listened to me and didn't fall in love with some tard like the Mormon hobbit. I'm surprised 21-1 is the best you got on Kris. Come on man, Doberman had him at no higher than 10-1 the whole time, do you really still believe the oddsmakers over me?

Anyway, Adam is -300 Kris +250/260 right now. So I'm pretty sure you and others can just add to the windfall some more regardless if you scalp it out or if you have Adam to win as well.

As for whether Kris can win, well let's break it down with the vote counts from this week:

Adam 34 million (I'm playing devil's advocate here, Kris may have gotten more votes in actuality)
Kris 33 million
Danny 31 million

Approximated and rounded for ease of use.

Now hmm, who are those Danny voters going to. Judging from his hometown video and background they are either church-going folk, obese women in lust, or Middle-American dullards.

I'm trying to figure out which way they will lean, hmmmm.

Kris has pulled outstanding performances out of his ass a couple weeks and Adam has been rather one-dimensional (ok two, occasionally he steals youtube covers like Cook). Even in the weeks Adam did well by popular opinion (Mad World, Tracks of my Tears) he was still hardly a landslide top vote getter if at all.

Add in, the anti-gay vote (Adam is gay if you haven't paid attention, Kris is married), the anti-plant vote (Adam is a seasoned broadway performer, Kris can name all four seasons probably), and the anti-Judges vote (as stupid as Americans are they hate to be patronized or told what to do), and with that you have a classic value bet and possible, if not likely, upset.

Kady-Hater,

I see where you are getting your numbers from on the votes and the idea that the Gokey-idiot voters will flock to married, straight, toned-down and really better Kris makes 1000% sense.

Adam has going for him the pimpitude of the past, but that cannot beat actual votes. It's changed. Adam is a paper tiger.

I get where you are getting your vote guesstimations from after watching videos from last week. And Gokey voters fit in with Kris voters like peas and carrots. Wrong side favored?

Cook-lover,
The words "wrong side favorite" were in my head as I was typing that. I stopped short of saying it and used the word value those as I feel like the event is mispriced. Public perception on this one is vastly different from actual interpolated data and sample polling. You simply can't say that someone getting at most 34% of the votes in a three-way race is logically going to get 50+% of the votes with one set of data removed. Throw in the intangibles here and you get what is known as a "sheepherder's special".

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

my financial advisor, Mr. Hedge, keeps paging me for a sit down and I keep blowing him off. Line is still stupid wrong. I might just dig in.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

vote patterns favor Kris.

Doberman has been right about this before.

Gokey voters have a lot in common with Kris, nothing with Adam.

Adam is a big favorite. I say that line is wrong.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I think Kris is a good bet today for people who have no side on this yet.

But Im going out on a limb saying that because after tonight, kris +270 is either going to be a sick-good bet or a horrible one.

Line will probably move a lot after the show, depending on what happens.

Another horrible season comes to a close with fittingly quite possibly the worst song ever written by ****face Kara. Lyrics on an absolutely 5th grade level and that would be a special needs 5th grader, that would have made any singer look bad.

Pretty close to a pick 'em right now and hope everyone made money. Largely irrelevant at this point to me.

edited.

</OBJECT>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD width=1 background=../images/digeopprediction_bg.jpg></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></P>

<TABLE class=contents cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="95%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="5%"></TD><TD class=long-contest vAlign=top align=middle width="70%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=lines-contest-title colSpan=4><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=lines-contest-title> 2009 AMERICAN IDOL CHAMPION (1-Pay)</TD><TD class=lines-contest-title align=right>$100 WIN </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=lines-contest-header><TD vAlign=bottom width="74%" height=25>Series Name <TD vAlign=bottom align=right width="8%">Sell <TD vAlign=bottom align=right width="8%">Buy <TD vAlign=bottom width="10%"> <TR class=lines-contest-oddrow><TD>KRIS ALLEN <TD align=right>70 <TD align=right>75 <TD noWrap align=right> -300 <TR class=lines-contest-evenrow><TD>ADAM LAMBERT <TD align=right>25 <TD align=right>30 <TD noWrap align=right> +233</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

awww yeahhh.

meanwhile across the pond:

<TABLE class="runnerTable ieOnly" id=runnerTable><TBODY class="

" id=runnerTbody><TR class="cacheable runner

" id=runner_16215949><TD class="info border">Adam Lambert
</TD><TD class="cacheable b1 back buttonWidth buttonContainer
" id=EBP_0_16215949>1.86

</TD><TD class="cacheable l1 lay layDisplay buttonWidth buttonContainer
" id=ELP_0_16215949>2.58

</TD><TD class=rightSpacer> </TD></TR><TR class="cacheable runner

" id=runner_16215967><TD class="info border"><!-- This is used by 3rd party apps -->

Kris Allen
</TD><TD class="cacheable b1 back buttonWidth buttonContainer
" id=EBP_0_16215967>1.85

</TD><TD class="cacheable l1 lay layDisplay buttonWidth buttonContainer
" id=ELP_0_16215967>2.16

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

shaka.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

If Kris wins, I win the prestigious RX Idol contest, beating such forum luminaries as PO69

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

dial idol mostly down due to too busy I suppose, but it went up for me a sec ago, Kris was still up 2 pts there

ballwonder

EOG Master

For every 2 gay guys voting for Adam there is 9 teenage girls screaming texting and calling for Kris. Man its close.

PO69

EOG Master

I have never voted for an American Idol show in my life. Let me start tonight. What is Adam's number?

Sorry but Chris will NOT be a very popular idol. Adam will be 5 times more successful even if he comes in second place.

I may have to vote for Chris to be the winner in this contest so that I can win something. I win $450 across the street with Adam winning.

ballwonder

EOG Master

1-866-idols-drag

Green Dobby reminded me that this last week selection is worth 3 points. I better not fuck this up wilbur.