Anthony Davis

kane

EOG master
Davis just announced what everyone already knew, he informed the Pelicans he won't resign with them. The team he wants to play for is the Lakers, the Celtics can put together the best package, but they can't make a trade offer until July 1st, very interested to see how this plays out.

kane

EOG master
If I'm the Lakers, I call N.O. today and offer them Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, and however many first round picks they want

Heim

EOG Master
I wonder if there is any meat to the rumor Kyrie to Lakers (trade) as well now that Kyrie and LeBron have kissed and
made up.

kane

EOG master
I wonder if there is any meat to the rumor Kyrie to Lakers (trade) as well now that Kyrie and LeBron have kissed and
made up.

Haven't heard the rumor of Kyrie to LA, but he's a FA after this season, so the Lakers wouldn't have to trade for him. Kyrie has gone on record as saying he wants to stay in Boston, but of course that doesn't mean much. The way I think it plays out is, AD gets traded to LA, Klay signs there in the offseason, and LeBron goes to war with himself, AD, and Klay, that's a team that could challenge the Warriors, especially if KD leaves.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
A key to this is that the celtics cant do anything until july 1 when kyrie becomes a free agent. Dont know the exact details why this is.

Kuzma is a no go. He is insurance in case klay doesnt come over. Everyone else is on the block.

Heim

EOG Master
I feel bad for markets like New Orleans. First Chris Paul wanted out now Davis. Yeah it's frustrating when you don't
win but when you have players like the aforementioned two it's a perpetual viscous cycle that never gets better. Now
Maker wants out of MILW too. Would he want out if he was with GSW?

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I feel bad for markets like New Orleans. First Chris Paul wanted out now Davis. Yeah it's frustrating when you don't
win but when you have players like the aforementioned two it's a perpetual viscous cycle that never gets better. Now
Maker wants out of MILW too. Would he want out if he was with GSW?
Thon maker can leave anytime he wants.

Valuist

EOG Master
I don't think Klay leaves the Warriors. It's the best possible situation for him. Durant will leave; Klay will stay.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
I don't think Klay leaves the Warriors. It's the best possible situation for him. Durant will leave; Klay will stay.

Where do you think Durant goes?

I could see him going to a younger team where he is the clear #1. I think he wants to prove he can win a championship by being the savior to an organization.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
A key to this is that the celtics cant do anything until july 1 when kyrie becomes a free agent. Dont know the exact details why this is.

AD and Kyrie both signed extensions under the, “Rose Rule,” named after Derrick Rose and you can’t have two of those guys on the same team.

Kuzma is a no go. He is insurance in case klay doesnt come over. Everyone else is on the block.

I’m a Kuzmania guy too (w/LBJ) and he is last on my list to go but if he needs to in order for UniBron to form, it’s been real :)

I would trade Kuz for Davis in a sign and trade (obviously Kuz is really really good, but Lakers can win ships these next 3 years with Davis)

Lakers having Davis and Lebron guarantees one or two key free agents. And with Lonzo running the point they will be in a very good situation

boston massacre

EOG Master
If N.O. waits until the offseason, then that gives them more options to entertain Trade offers,

which would be the smart thing to do. If it happens before the Feb. 7 Trade Deadline, then it removes the Celtics from the equation.

Celtics could have 4 first round picks in next Draft.

Sacramento-1st ( protected number 1 pick in Draft ) then Philly's - 1st

Memphis-1st ( top 8 protected, top 6 protected following Draft, and no restrictions following Draft )

Clippers- Lottery Protected. Lottery Protected following Draft, 2nd round no restrictions following Draft.

Celtics-own 1st round

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If N.O. waits until the offseason, then that gives them more options to entertain Trade offers,

which would be the smart thing to do. If it happens before the Feb. 7 Trade Deadline, then it removes the Celtics from the equation.

Celtics could have 4 first round picks in next Draft.

Sacramento-1st ( protected number 1 pick in Draft ) then Philly's - 1st

Memphis-1st ( top 8 protected, top 6 protected following Draft, and no restrictions following Draft )

Clippers- Lottery Protected. Lottery Protected following Draft, 2nd round no restrictions following Draft.

Celtics-own 1st round

The only question is, do you believe AD that he will only sign an extension w/ the Lakers. If so and I hope the C's do, I'm not sure you can risk the assets for a rental. Granted, your renting a Ferrari that very well may put you over the top that season. Lakers can't match what the C's can offer so I pray they believe AD.

kane

EOG master
NO would be crazy to trade him now, the smart thing would be to wait till the offseason. If I'm the Pels, the Lakers could offer me Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, and Hart, I'm still saying no. BM pretty much nailed it with what Danny Ainge can offer, and when the season ends we'll know exactly where the Sacramento and Memphis picks are, not to mention NO would rather trade him to the East, I don't think they're interested in helping LeBron and the Lakers form a "super team". It really all comes down to whether AD would sign long term in Boston, obviously the C's would have to give up a lot to get him, but if it's only for one year, I don't think it's worth the risk, but then again assuming Kyrie resigns maybe they can win a championship, under that scenario I can't see AD leaving for the Lakers after winning a championship in Boston.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
There’s no way Ainge would trade the farm for Davis, unless he knew he could sign him to an extension.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
NO would be crazy to trade him now, the smart thing would be to wait till the offseason.

I'd even go further than that. Yes, wait until the offseason to trade him. But shut him down and send him home right now. He doesn't need to be playing for the organization if he doesn't want to be there. Might as well go in full tank mode right now and start the rebuild ASAP.

kane

EOG master
I'd even go further than that. Yes, wait until the offseason to trade him. But shut him down and send him home right now. He doesn't need to be playing for the organization if he doesn't want to be there. Might as well go in full tank mode right now and start the rebuild ASAP.

I never really thought about it, but you're right, it makes sense. NO isn't going anywhere with him anyway, so sitting him for the rest of the season accomplishes two things, it means they'll be bad insuring a higher draft pick, and there's also no chance of a serious injury, the last thing the Pels need is for him to blow out a knee. Also, what kind of locker room will there be when the star player just told his teammates he doesn't want to play with them. I doubt they'll sit him, but it does make sense.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
I never really thought about it, but you're right, it makes sense. NO isn't going anywhere with him anyway, so sitting him for the rest of the season accomplishes two things, it means they'll be bad insuring a higher draft pick, and there's also no chance of a serious injury, the last thing the Pels need is for him to blow out a knee. Also, what kind of locker room will there be when the star player just told his teammates he doesn't want to play with them. I doubt they'll sit him, but it does make sense.

Yup. Protect your asset and send a message. I think it is smart on many levels.

MrTop

EOG Master
If kinicks owner dolan was in charge of the warriors how long would it take to break up the team and screw it up ? NBA needs the NY or Chicago team in playoffs every year and they know it.

the knicks need davis and 4 other players.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Knicks can offer the most of any nba team but are set on trying to get Zion Williamson to play with Porzingas.
They could easily get Davis imo with a hardaway, kanter, trier, 1 #1. Instead theyll let the lakers grab him for half of that.

kane

EOG master
Knicks can offer the most of any nba team but are set on trying to get Zion Williamson to play with Porzingas.
They could easily get Davis imo with a hardaway, kanter, trier, 1 #1. Instead theyll let the lakers grab him for half of that.

I disagree Drink, I think the Pelicans would be nuts to accept that offer, Boston has easily the most assets to get a deal done. I hope he doesn't do it because I think Jayson Tatum is a future star, but Danny Ainge can offer Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward, and the Sacramento pick along with the Memphis pick. Personally I think it's too much to give up, but if Danny Ainge wants AD to be a Celtic, he can offer NO the best package. I were Ainge I'd offer all of the above minus Tatum, to me he's untouchable, and even taking Tatum out of the mix, I can't see anyone's offer being better than Brown, Hayward, and those two first round picks, I'd even throw in Boston's own number one, that would give NO two starters and three number one's, and the Sacramento pick and the Memphis picks will be in the lottery

Heim

EOG Master
I doubt NOLA wants Ball with Holiday there & Ball camp doesn't want no part of NOLA either. Do they move Ball with a aging Rondo behind? Therefore, IMO no deal gets done without including Kuzma.

kane

EOG master
I doubt NOLA wants Ball with Holiday there & Ball camp doesn't want no part of NOLA either. Do they move Ball with a aging Rondo behind? Therefore, IMO no deal gets done without including Kuzma.

Ball has no choice in the matter, he'll play wherever the Lakers trade him. Besides, who the fuck is Lonzo Ball to dictate to teams where he would and wouldn't play.

kane

EOG master
The Pelicans have released a statement saying they'll work something out on their timeline, they won't be rushed into a decision. If they trade him without waiting for the offseason, they're a bunch of morons, the Lakers offer would be the same then as it is now, I can't see them making a move without first finding out what Danny Ainge is thinking.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Yeah, but how thrilled do you think those die hard fans are to hear their star doesn't want to play for their team, it will be interesting to see how the fans respond when AD gets healthy and starts playing again

Yeah that's true, we'll see I guess.

One thing for certain I know what they're reaction will be next year when he's gone. :)

kane

EOG master
I don't buy the Kyrie to the Lakers rumor, it doesn't make sense, and yeah Walton is a dead man walking. I've stated before I think he lasts the season, then they let him go and LeBron picks his new coach

boston massacre

EOG Master
The only question is, do you believe AD that he will only sign an extension w/ the Lakers. If so and I hope the C's do, I'm not sure you can risk the assets for a rental. Granted, your renting a Ferrari that very well may put you over the top that season. Lakers can't match what the C's can offer so I pray they believe AD.

Celtics wouldn't make Trade, unless they were sure A.D. would sign long term with them.

boston massacre

EOG Master

If I'm the owner of the Pels, I wouldn't mind doing that.

But I think the Commissioner might step in, and have something to say about it.