Anthony Davis

kane

EOG master
The Lakers got rid of D'Angelo Russell to draft Ball as their point guard of the future, woops. Russell > Ball

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Because they can. No one else can really offer anything during the season. If I'm NO, I just send him home for the rest of the season, then trade him to Boston after July 1. AD's people tried to strongarm NO into trading to LAL, knowing Boston can't counter.

I can't see Bos offerring a package that matches the Lakers. Lakers offered 4 starters (all very young) and a draft pick. You ain't getting that from Ainge.

If you're the Pels, what the fuck else do you want for a guy you're losing anyway? The offer will be there in June? Are we so sure about that cause I'm not. Stop looking a Gifthorse in the mouth and take it. If they don't, the only reason will be pride; they are not going to get a better deal than that.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Because they can. No one else can really offer anything during the season. If I'm NO, I just send him home for the rest of the season, then trade him to Boston after July 1. AD's people tried to strongarm NO into trading to LAL, knowing Boston can't counter.

You would make a terrible GM.

Here's my No BS pitch to the Pels:

Rich Paul is AD’s agent.

Rich Paul is one of LBJ’s boyhood best friends.

AD wears #23… if you don’t know why, go to eog.com and ask Poster Kane.

Come 2020/21, AD is going to be a Laker.

If you think someone is going to match our offer for a perceived one-year rental; you’re out of your mind and they should fire your fucking ass on the spot.

kane

EOG master
I can't see Bos offerring a package that matches the Lakers. Lakers offered 4 starters (all very young) and a draft pick. You ain't getting that from Ainge.

If you're the Pels, what the fuck else do you want for a guy you're losing anyway? The offer will be there in June? Are we so sure about that cause I'm not. Stop looking a Gifthorse in the mouth and take it. If they don't, the only reason will be pride; they are not going to get a better deal than that.

I think they can get a better package than what the Lakers are offering, and like I said before, if Kyrie says he'll resign with Boston, then without question the Celtics can offer NO the best package, the draft pick the Lakers could offer doesn't match the draft picks Boston can offer, they could potentially have 4 first round picks in next years draft. NO turned down the Knicks offer, I don't know what NY's package was, but Porzingis was a piece of it, If they turned down Porzingis, I don't see why they would make a trade until the offseason, moving AD now would be foolish without first giving Danny Ainge a shot, whatever the Lakers are offering now will be the same they'll offer after the season, it just makes no sense at all for NO to trade AD now.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I don't think The Celtics trade for him without an assurance from Kyrie that he's staying in Boston. If Kyrie resigns, then I think Ainge takes the gamble and makes the trade hoping that AD would sign there long term, but if Kyrie wants to play elsewhere, I don't think Ainge gives up the king's ransom for a guy who likely wouldn't resign, it's really all up to Kyrie, his decision will determine what happens with AD IMO
I guess they can trade Kylie for Davis right now, but that’s counterproductive for Boston.

It’s a shame the Bulls are such a mess and can’t attract anyone to play there.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I think they can get a better package than what the Lakers are offering, and like I said before, if Kyrie says he'll resign with Boston, then without question the Celtics can offer NO the best package, the draft pick the Lakers could offer doesn't match the draft picks Boston can offer, they could potentially have 4 first round picks in next years draft. NO turned down the Knicks offer, I don't know what NY's package was, but Porzingis was a piece of it, If they turned down Porzingis, I don't see why they would make a trade until the offseason, moving AD now would be foolish without first giving Danny Ainge a shot, whatever the Lakers are offering now will be the same they'll offer after the season, it just makes no sense at all for NO to trade AD now.

How do you know that? They may move guys to get other guys before then.

Ainge is going to match that deal for a perceived one-year rental? I cannot see him taking that risk, AD's Dad doesn't want him in Boston, AD is a grown man but the signs aren't good for him staying.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I guess they can trade Kylie for Davis right now, but that’s counterproductive for Boston.

It’s a shame the Bulls are such a mess and can’t attract anyone to play there.

That's what I fear and I pray they think like you. I would move Kyrie so fast for AD your head would spin.

kane

EOG master
You would make a terrible GM.

Here's my No BS pitch to the Pels:

Rich Paul is AD’s agent.

Rich Paul is one of LBJ’s boyhood best friends.

AD wears #23… if you don’t know why, go to eog.com and ask Poster Kane.

Come 2020/21, AD is going to be a Laker.

If you think someone is going to match our offer for a perceived one-year rental; you’re out of your mind and they should fire your fucking ass on the spot.

This is my point, if Kyrie agrees to resign in Boston, then Danny Ainge wouldn't look at him as a one year rental, he would think there's a good enough chance that playing with Kyrie would mean AD might sign there long term. Now, if Kyrie leaves after the season, then I would agree with you, under that scenario I can't see Ainge giving up a lot for a guy that probably wouldn't stay past one year. Obviously this is hypothetical, but let's say Kyrie resigns and Boston gets AD, if they have enough success, that might keep him in Boston.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
This is my point, if Kyrie agrees to resign in Boston, then Danny Ainge wouldn't look at him as a one year rental, he would think there's a good enough chance that playing with Kyrie would mean AD might sign there long term. Now, if Kyrie leaves after the season, then I would agree with you, under that scenario I can't see Ainge giving up a lot for a guy that probably wouldn't stay past one year. Obviously this is hypothetical, but let's say Kyrie resigns and Boston gets AD, if they have enough success, that might keep him in Boston.

Word is that AD and Kyrie are good friends so it's a possibility but what are you going to give up on this dice roll?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

If I’m NO, I’m running the team, not AD’s agent. The problem with the league now is the credibility issue with the players and agents with behind the scenes dealings. If he doesn’t want to play for me, im sitting him out until I can get the best deal for me, not AD. What if AD gets injured?

kane

EOG master
How do you know that? They may move guys to get other guys before then.

Ainge is going to match that deal for a perceived one-year rental? I cannot see him taking that risk, AD's Dad doesn't want him in Boston, AD is a grown man but the signs aren't good for him staying.

AD's dad is a moron, he doesn't want his son playing for Boston because the Celtics weren't loyal to Isiah Thomas, meanwhile his son isn't being loyal to the Pelicans. Danny Ainge traded an injured Thomas and Jae Crowder for Kyrie Irving, Ainge fleeced Cleveland, who wouldn't have made that deal? Besides, there isn't nor should there be loyalty in sports, this is a business, and players and teams will do what they feel is best for them.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If I’m NO, I’m running the team, not AD’s agent. The problem with the league now is the credibility issue with the players and agents with behind the scenes dealings. If he doesn’t want to play for me, im sitting him out until I can get the best deal for me, not AD. What if AD gets injured?

Pride is the enemy of wisdom.

You're getting the best deal you are going to get. Do you honestly think that Laker Deal is going to be matched for a percevied one-year rental?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

You're getting the best deal you are going to get. Do you honestly think that Laker Deal is going to be matched for a percevied one-year rental?
Wasn’t Paul George a one-year rental? How did that work out?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
AD's dad is a moron, he doesn't want his son playing for Boston because the Celtics weren't loyal to Isiah Thomas, meanwhile his son isn't being loyal to the Pelicans. Danny Ainge traded an injured Thomas and Jae Crowder for Kyrie Irving, Ainge fleeced Cleveland, who wouldn't have made that deal? Besides, there isn't nor should there be loyalty in sports, this is a business, and players and teams will do what they feel is best for them.

He may be a moron but he is still his Dad and it's not a good sign for him staying. I just think the Pels are being prideful and stubborn.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
He may be a moron but he is still his Dad and it's not a good sign for him staying. I just think the Pels are being prideful and stubborn.
That doesn’t mean you take the first offer because LeBron has his boys making backroom deals.

kane

EOG master
Word is that AD and Kyrie are good friends so it's a possibility but what are you going to give up on this dice roll?

Yes, Kyrie and AD are close, they've even discussed playing together in the past. Kyrie resigning in Boston is the Lakers nightmare scenario, if he does, then there's no question Ainge can put together the best package, but he would only do so if Kyrie stays, if he leaves for NY as has been rumored, then all bets are off, if Kyrie leaves then Ainge won't offer nearly as much.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Good point and it's why teams may roll the dice. However, if you think you're going to get a better than the Laker Deal on that "PG13 Premise", good luck to you.
Why would NO want to trade him to a conference foe? Little good can come of that unless the deal is overwhelmingly in NO’s favor.

kane

EOG master

You keep saying a one year rental, but like I keep saying, if Kyrie resigns in Boston, then the Celtics might not view AD as a one year rental, they might think there's a good enough chance AD would agree to sign long term that they would offer more than the Lakers, if Kyrie leaves, then I don't think Danny would be willing to give up as much as the Lakers. Obviously this a hypothetical, but let's say Kyrie resigns, that might convince Danny to give up "the king's ransom" for AD, now let's say the Celtics go on to win the championship, under that scenario I can't see AD leaving a team that just won a title. I know this is all hypothetical, but the package Danny will offer depends on whether Kyrie stays. I've yet to here a pundit say the Pelicans should move him before the trade deadline, they all say the prudent thing would be to wait till the offseason.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Rarely does a team trading the best player for a bunch of players work out for the team losing the best player.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
You keep saying a one year rental, but like I keep saying, if Kyrie resigns in Boston, then the Celtics might not view AD as a one year rental, they might think there's a good enough chance AD would agree to sign long term that they would offer more than the Lakers, if Kyrie leaves, then I don't think Danny would be willing to give up as much as the Lakers. Obviously this a hypothetical, but let's say Kyrie resigns, that might convince Danny to give up "the king's ransom" for AD, now let's say the Celtics go on to win the championship, under that scenario I can't see AD leaving a team that just won a title. I know this is all hypothetical, but the package Danny will offer depends on whether Kyrie stays. I've yet to here a pundit say the Pelicans should move him before the trade deadline, they all say the prudent thing would be to wait till the offseason.

Would you be willing to offer a fair price on that chance and accept bets on either side of it? If not, that "chance" is meaningless. The smart $ is on AD being a Laker in 2020/21... that may not end up being the truth but it is the way to bet.

kane

EOG master
Personally I wouldn't include Jayson Tatum in any deal, to me he's untouchable, but if Danny was to offer Tatum, Terry Rozier, and Jaylen brown, plus a couple of those first round picks, that's far better than anything the Lakers could offer. Of course there's no way he even considers that unless he feels strongly that AD would resign in Boston. My point is Boston has more assets in young players and draft picks than any other team, and there's no reason for the Pelicans to rush into a trade without first listening to what the Celtics are willing to offer.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Would you be willing to offer a fair price on that chance and accept bets on either side of it? If not, that "chance" is meaningless. The smart $ is on AD being a Laker in 2020/21... that may not end up being the truth but it is the way to bet.

Is there a market for this?

kane

EOG master

If Kyrie agrees to a new deal in Boston, I would say there's a very real chance AD would also agree to stay if got traded there. Yes, the smart money is on AD eventually becoming a Laker, but the smart money isn't always right, and the possibility of playing with Kyrie might sway him, you never know.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Personally I wouldn't include Jayson Tatum in any deal, to me he's untouchable, but if Danny was to offer Tatum, Terry Rozier, and Jaylen brown, plus a couple of those first round picks, that's far better than anything the Lakers could offer. Of course there's no way he even considers that unless he feels strongly that AD would resign in Boston. My point is Boston has more assets in young players and draft picks than any other team, and there's no reason for the Pelicans to rush into a trade without first listening to what the Celtics are willing to offer.

I never said Bos didn't have more assets, my argument is that Ainge isn't giving them up on less than a 50% chance he can resign AD and that chance is well below 50%,, IMO. Ainge would probably need a much higher degree of confidence to exceed the Laker deal.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If Kyrie agrees to a new deal in Boston, I would say there's a very real chance AD would also agree to stay if got traded there. Yes, the smart money is on AD eventually becoming a Laker, but the smart money isn't always right, and the possibility of playing with Kyrie might sway him, you never know.

Very true so the question remains, what are you giving up? We do know he wants to be a Laker, at least right now.

kane

EOG master
He is as good as gone, get what you can for him from a team that is desperate to acquire him.

There's no rush for the Pelicans to get what they can for him right now. The smart thing would be to wait till the offseason and play the Lakers against the Celtics, listen to what Boston offers, then go back to LA and see if they're willing to up the ante, the more options NO has, the better deal they can end up making, they would be foolish to move him now without knowing what Boston is willing to give up, this is logical.

kane

EOG master
I never said Bos didn't have more assets, my argument is that Ainge isn't giving them up on less than a 50% chance he can resign AD and that chance is well below 50%,, IMO. Ainge would probably need a much higher degree of confidence to exceed the Laker deal.

If Kyrie resigns in Boston, Ainge might not look at it as less than 50% AD leaves after one season, he might think there's a good enough chance AD signs long term that he would be willing to outdo what the Lakers can offer. I posted this before, but if Kyrie stays and AD gets traded there, and they win a title, do you think AD leaves a team that just won a championship? If I'm a Laker fan, I'm hoping Kyrie leaves Boston, if that happens Ainge won't make his best offer, and the odds of AD going to LA increases, but if Kyrie stays, the odds of Ainge making his best offer would increase, to me it all depends on what Kyrie decides, that will determine what king of Package Ainge offers

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
There's no rush for the Pelicans to get what they can for him right now. The smart thing would be to wait till the offseason and play the Lakers against the Celtics, listen to what Boston offers, then go back to LA and see if they're willing to up the ante, the more options NO has, the better deal they can end up making, they would be foolish to move him now without knowing what Boston is willing to give up, this is logical.

Here's my point:

The Lakers know they can extend AD and thus can give the best offer. The best offer may not be on the table later as guys may be moved for other guys, etc. They may say fuck it, we'll get our #2 this year or in the 2019/20 Season and move him to #3 when AD gets here in 2020/21.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If Kyrie resigns in Boston, Ainge might not look at it as less than 50% AD leaves after one season, he might think there's a good enough chance AD signs long term that he would be willing to outdo what the Lakers can offer. I posted this before, but if Kyrie stays and AD gets traded there, and they win a title, do you think AD leaves a team that just won a championship? If I'm a Laker fan, I'm hoping Kyrie leaves Boston, if that happens Ainge won't make his best offer, and the odds of AD going to LA increases, but if Kyrie stays, the odds of Ainge making his best offer would increase, to me it all depends on what Kyrie decides, that will determine what king of Package Ainge offers

Probably not but that is a monstrous, 'If."