Anthony Davis

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If Kyrie resigns in Boston, Ainge might not look at it as less than 50% AD leaves after one season, he might think there's a good enough chance AD signs long term that he would be willing to outdo what the Lakers can offer. I posted this before, but if Kyrie stays and AD gets traded there, and they win a title, do you think AD leaves a team that just won a championship? If I'm a Laker fan, I'm hoping Kyrie leaves Boston, if that happens Ainge won't make his best offer, and the odds of AD going to LA increases, but if Kyrie stays, the odds of Ainge making his best offer would increase, to me it all depends on what Kyrie decides, that will determine what king of Package Ainge offers

IMO, you're not reading the Tealeaves.

They ate a 50K fine to get the message out that we want to be in LA.

Do you think it's a coincidence that AD's Dad took the initiative to tweet ESPN w/ the info that he doesn't want his son in Boston; the biggest threat to the Lakers getting AD? Do you think that was arbitralily done? He may end up in Eat Bum Fuck Detroit; who knows what's going on behind the scenes but the C's can offer the most.

They are doing everything but putting up a Neon Sign saying, "Don't offer shit for me because I'm not staying." Now, if you want to mortgage your future on a longshot, you better hope you catch lightning in a bottle for the one year you probably have him.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Here's my point:

The Lakers know they can extend AD and thus can give the best offer. The best offer may not be on the table later as guys may be moved for other guys, etc. They may say fuck it, we'll get our #2 this year or in the 2019/20 Season and move him to #3 when AD gets here in 2020/21.
NO could add another piece right now and have the ability to offer AD the most. You’re making it sound like the Lakers are the only option so NO has to deal with them. It could work out that way, but NO has time.

kane

EOG master

Do you think it's a coincidence that AD's Dad took the initiative to tweet ESPN w/ the info that he doesn't want his son in Boston; the biggest threat to the Lakers getting AD? Do you think that was arbitralily done? He may end up in Eat Bum Fuck Detroit; who knows what's going on behind the scenes but the C's can offer the most.

They are doing everything but putting up a Neon Sign saying, "Don't offer shit for me because I'm not staying." Now, if you want to mortgage your future on a longshot, you better hope you catch lightning in a bottle for the one year you probably have him.

Not sure how AD will be able to afford that fine, I might start a go fund me page

kane

EOG master

I can read the tea leaves just fine, yes he wants to play in LA, yes he and his camp have made that known, but sometimes you have to take a chance on greatness. Paul George was thought to be a one year rental, then bolt for the Lakers. Kawhi Leonard has made it known he wants to be a Clipper, Toronto traded for him anyway, we'll see what happens. I have no problem if the Celtics traded for him, and we'll see what happens the following season, if he leaves, so be it, but I'll never have a problem gambling on greatness. As long as Danny Ainge doesn't give up Jayson Tatum, I'm fine with whatever else it takes to get him. Again, this is all predicated on Kyrie staying in Boston, if he leaves, I wouldn't trade for AD.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The NBA is dumb.

All of this is ridiculous.

It truly is, I've never seen something so blatant; they are trying to force feed him to LA and I just hope the trade doesn't get blocked because there is no fucking way that Laker deal can be matched.

Well, of course there is a way but why the fuck would you risk it? I'm an extremely risk averse person and obviously a Laker fan (for LBJ's tenure) so perhaps I have a blindspot here but WTF, they are literally telling you in every way, "If you're not the Lakers, don't trade for me."

kane

EOG master
It truly is, I've never seen something so blatant; they are trying to force feed him to LA and I just hope the trade doesn't get blocked because there is no fucking way that Laker deal can be matched.

Well, of course there is a way but why the fuck would you risk it? I'm an extremely risk averse person and obviously a Laker fan (for LBJ's tenure) so perhaps I have a blindspot here but WTF, they are literally telling you in every way, "If you're not the Lakers, don't trade for me."

If the Pelicans trade Anthony Davis for Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball, Rajon Rondo, Michael Beasley, and a pick, the commissioner should block the trade. The package the Lakers are offering is literally laugh out loud funny. In fact, If I were NO, I would rather keep AD all of next year and let him walk before I'm taking that package

kane

EOG master
The tampering and collusion that's taken place is ridiculous, Commissioner Stern block CP3 from going to the Lakers some years back, I think Adam Silver should seriously look into the tampering and collusion that's happening, of course he won't since AD going to LA is what he wants, he doesn't need a superstar toiling away for a mediocre franchise when he could have that superstar in LA. The fine of 50,000 is comical, but Adam Silver won't do a damn thing to stop AD to the Lakers, no matter how much tampering and collusion there is, this whole thing is a fucking joke

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If the Pelicans trade Anthony Davis for Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball, Rajon Rondo, Michael Beasley, and a pick, the commissioner should block the trade. The package the Lakers are offering is literally laugh out loud funny. In fact, If I were NO, I would rather keep AD all of next year and let him walk before I'm taking that package

They aren't going to do that. But if they take Lonzo, Kuzmania, BI, Zubac and a draft pick, that is ample compensation.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The tampering and collusion that's taken place is ridiculous, Commissioner Stern block CP3 from going to the Lakers some years back, I think Adam Silver should seriously look into the tampering and collusion that's happening, of course he won't since AD going to LA is what he wants, he doesn't need a superstar toiling away for a mediocre franchise when he could have that superstar in LA. The fine of 50,000 is comical, but Adam Silver won't do a damn thing to stop AD to the Lakers, no matter how much tampering and collusion there is, this whole thing is a fucking joke

It's insane. Have you ever seen something so blatant?

kane

EOG master
They aren't going to do that. But if they take Lonzo, Kuzmania, BI, Zubac and a draft pick, that is ample compensation.

If they offer Kuzma and Ingram, it's at least a little more fair, the Pelicans have said they're not trading Jrue Holiday, so I don't see why they would want Lonzo Ball, unless they would plan on flipping him, but how much could they get for a guard who can't shoot. Either way, I think they wait till the end of the season to make their decision, we'll see how it plays out.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If they offer Kuzma and Ingram, it's at least a little more fair, the Pelicans have said they're not trading Jrue Holiday, so I don't see why they would want Lonzo Ball, unless they would plan on flipping him, but how much could they get for a guard who can't shoot. Either way, I think they wait till the end of the season to make their decision, we'll see how it plays out.

You'd have the best defensive 1 duo in the LG; at least I think. Lonzo's D is underrated. He'd be a good backup to run the 2nd unit.

kane

EOG master
You'd have the best defensive 1 duo in the LG; at least I think. Lonzo's D is underrated. He'd be a good backup to run the 2nd unit.

Okay, maybe as a backup to Holiday would make sense, but something to keep in mind, Lonzo doesn't want to play in NO, and his dad doesn't want him there either, if he was part of the package, the Pelicans would have to deal with Lavar and his bullshit, not sure they want to deal with that, but we'll see. Lonzo, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac, and a first rounder would probably get it done, that's the best offer NO would get, unless Danny Ainge would be willing to part with Tatum, which is something right now he doesn't plan on doing. All signs point to AD becoming a Laker, and even though I hate the Lakers with a passion, they're easily my most hated sports team, it's better for the league if AD was a Laker as opposed to being a Pelican.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Okay, maybe as a backup to Holiday would make sense, but something to keep in mind, Lonzo doesn't want to play in NO, and his dad doesn't want him there either, if he was part of the package, the Pelicans would have to deal with Lavar and his bullshit, not sure they want to deal with that, but we'll see. Lonzo, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac, and a first rounder would probably get it done, that's the best offer NO would get, unless Danny Ainge would be willing to part with Tatum, which is something right now he doesn't plan on doing. All signs point to AD becoming a Laker, and even though I hate the Lakers with a passion, they're easily my most hated sports team, it's better for the league if AD was a Laker as opposed to being a Pelican.

Last year I could have cared less about the Lakers and as soon as LBJ leaves, I won't care at all. As I've said in the past, it ain't easy giving all your love to just one man :)

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I don’t get how players in this league can literally do whatever they want. When this Golden State era is over and a Lebron has moved on, I hope changes are implemented.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
I'm barely holding on as a Suns fan.

Not an NBA fan but I still love my Suns. I was raised on the Purple and Orange.

Have so many memories. The Madhouse on McDowell. Tom Chambers dunk on the Knicks when he almost racked his face.

If Devon Booker demands a trade soon I'm completely done. They have some pieces in place to turn the corner. If this dude bails I bail.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Have so many memories. The Madhouse on McDowell. Tom Chambers dunk on the Knicks when he almost racked his face.

If Devon Booker demands a trade soon I'm completely done. They have some pieces in place to turn the corner. If this dude bails I bail.

The BS news I read had Lonzo going to the Suns in a 3-team deal.

Don't these "Fake News,"people have anything better to do than play w/ people's emotions :)

boston massacre

EOG Master

Are they staying in Phoenix ?

Do they have a NEW STADIUM Issue with FUNDING being the problem ?

Or is everything resolved ?

kane

EOG master
It's being reported that in addition to the Lakers, AD would be willing to sign a long term deal with the Clippers, Knicks, and Bucks. Upon hearing that, the Lakers have apparently upped their offer to now include "multiple young players, multiple draft picks, and Pelicans salary cap relief." Looks like the Lakers are finally serious about the package they're offering. As an aside, what's so appealing to these guys about playing for the Knicks? AD would sign there long term, but not in Boston? Kyrie Irving might leave Boston for NY? Rumors continue to swirl about KD playing in NY? The Knicks have been one of the most poorly run, and one of the most dysfunctional organizations in all of sports, but that's where these guys want to go? What am I missing?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

That Chambers Dunk was one of the best I’ve ever seen. Used to follow them closely in the 70s-80’s. I remember the 3x OT playoff game in Boston. Watched Thunder Dan Majerle in HS, filled his career in Phoenix also.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
It's being reported that in addition to the Lakers, AD would be willing to sign a long term deal with the Clippers, Knicks, and Bucks. Upon hearing that, the Lakers have apparently upped their offer to now include "multiple young players, multiple draft picks, and Pelicans salary cap relief." Looks like the Lakers are finally serious about the package they're offering. As an aside, what's so appealing to these guys about playing for the Knicks? AD would sign there long term, but not in Boston? Kyrie Irving might leave Boston for NY? Rumors continue to swirl about KD playing in NY? The Knicks have been one of the most poorly run, and one of the most dysfunctional organizations in all of sports, but that's where these guys want to go? What am I missing?
I don’t get why anyone would want to play for NY either. People won’t play in Chicago but want NY?

kane

EOG master
Then again, maybe AD and his agent are putting other teams in the mix just so the Lakers would up their offer, which might facilitate a trade this year before the deadline, AD wants out right now, he knows how uncomfortable the rest of the season will be if he stays in N.O.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Then again, maybe AD and his agent are putting other teams in the mix just so the Lakers would up their offer, which might facilitate a trade this year before the deadline, AD wants out right now, he knows how uncomfortable the rest of the season will be if he stays in N.O.
Which I don’t get how that’s not tampering.

kane

EOG master
I don’t get why anyone would want to play for NY either. People won’t play in Chicago but want NY?

Right now with the Bulls in rebuild mode, I can understand the reluctance of stars wanting to go there, but why would AD be so adamant in not wanting to play for Boston, they're a great franchise, they have a great coach, a great GM, they're contenders to win a championship, and they'll be contenders for years to come, I don't get it.

kane

EOG master
Which I don’t get how that’s not tampering.

It is tampering, but two things to keep in mind. First, LeBron and Rich Paul run the sport, I'm being a bit hyperbolic, but they have a lot of power, andwhat they're doing shouldn't be allowed. Second, if you injected Adam Silver with truth serum, and asked him where he wants AD to be long term, his answer would be the Lakers, he can't admit it, but it's better for the league when stars play for marquis franchises or in big time cities. Silver is hoping Kawhi goes to the Clippers next year, and he would rather have Giannis in a bigger market than Milwaukee, unfortunately this is big business, and it's better business for the NBA to have it's star athletes in major markets. Zion will be a Knick, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I've always thought Patrick Ewing to the Knicks was a rig job, and Zion in NY will m help revitalize their franchise, and if he does go there, it would make them a more attractable destination for the Kyrie Irving's and the Kevin Durant's of the league.

kane

EOG master
That Chambers Dunk was one of the best I’ve ever seen. Used to follow them closely in the 70s-80’s. I remember the 3x OT playoff game in Boston. Watched Thunder Dan Majerle in HS, filled his career in Phoenix also.

I don't know what Marc Jackson was thinking, but he made a bad decision

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Just put into perspective what Porzingis just recently did. Mind you, INJURED as well. He walked into a room and told somebody he wasn’t going to play for the Knicks any more.

It’s just truly amazing to me.

kane

EOG master

Here we go, did I call it or what

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
The very fact that the lakers are the only team with a chance at davis if thats the case is what is wrong with the entire NBA and this collusion.
There is no other team in the NBA (thats in contention) with worst trading prospects. The pels dealing with the Lakers solely is terrible for fans of the game.
In the west alone you have the nuggets, jazz, portland, Memphis, clippers and possibly the mavs
In the east you have philly, toronto, milwaukee, Charlotte and indiana who can all offer packages better than a kuzma, rondo, ball and player to be named later package. Give me any of those teams and Ill offer you a better package. Its absurd and makes the entire LBJ runs the league case even more legit of a take than I thought possible when I first heard of the conspiracy.
I hope pels wait until summer and Davis plays out the stretch for the sake of the league but I doubt ut happens

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Also forgot to say that new orleans should really think of their fanbase and what it takes to put people in the seats. No one is going to see Ball shoot 45% and Kuzma sit 30 games a season to protect his future. They make this trade they'll be the cavs in 2020-21

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
I think Milwaukee, Toronto and Nuggets should have the upper hand on the lakers. Davis says he wants legacy over anything else. He goes to the lakers they're a 8 seed and get swept first round. Some legacy