Antonio Brown updates

kane

EOG master
He was unhappy about getting fined and confronted GM Mike Mayock, it's reported he needed to be held back by a couple of teammates, the Raiders just suspended him. What a douchebag/diva, I don't care how good he is, I wouldn't want all that drama on my team, he quit on the Steelers last year, and he's been nothing but a big headache since getting traded to Oakland

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Not sure if this is good or bad for those like me with Raiders U6

Good: A top receiver off the team
Bad: Being a locker room cancer would have divided the team even more

We shall see

TEXED

EOG Veteran
It serves everyone right. After seeing what he did with Pittsburgh last year, why would any team want to have anything to do with him?

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Mayock as solid as they come. You know he would not have traded for AB if he was calling all the shots. Mike's as non drama as it gets. Right now, Mayock is planting his flag, and trying to be a real GM. Will be interesting to see if Chuckie lets him.

Heim

EOG Master
Mayock fined him 14k for not being at a walk-thru for the pre-season game in Canada. Obviously he's had enough of his bullshit. Unfortunately
Gruden loves his skill set. Stay tuned....

kane

EOG master
The guy wasn't happy playing in a great football city, for an iconic franchise, and with a HOF QB, he has some issues

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Mayock fined him 14k for not being at a walk-thru for the pre-season game in Canada. Obviously he's had enough of his bullshit. Unfortunately
He had Amari Cooper and was traded.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

Gruden is a moron.

Yeah he had his qb evaluation show, but cant tell shit from shinola

Valuist

EOG Master
So if you have questionable character and burn a bridge with Oakland, how many options does one have? Dallas? Cleveland? I would love to see him go to the Browns and all the talking heads would think it's great but he and Beckham would ruin that team

For fantasy owners looking for a potential impact sleeper that's available on most waiver wires:

Take a shot on TE Darren Waller. He could be this years George Kittle with very little risk as he's probably the last guy on your fantasy bench

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
For fantasy owners looking for a potential impact sleeper that's available on most waiver wires:

Take a shot on TE Darren Waller. He could be this years George Kittle with very little risk as he's probably the last guy on your fantasy bench
You know they will be losing more often than not, he has a chance.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
So if you have questionable character and burn a bridge with Oakland, how many options does one have? Dallas? Cleveland? I would love to see him go to the Browns and all the talking heads would think it's great but he and Beckham would ruin that team

Holy fk. AB going to the browns would be ratings gold. The NFL would have to instantly move all browns/steeler games to sunday night prime time for ratings records.

"Brown has apparently apologized to the team, not sure what will happen next. I honestly hope they suspend him for 4 games without pay.

ESPN:

A Raiders source confirmed Brown was unhappy with the fine levied by the team and, seeing Mayock watching practice, walked over and initiated an exchange with the GM. The Raiders source confirmed information from another league source who said Brown called Mayock a "cracker" and unleashed a barrage of "cuss words" during the altercation. "

http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=1143169&p=12932557&highlight=#post12932557

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
It's very easy to see what's going on here. Drew and AB figured out that AB was about to lose 30 million that he would never get from another team after this. So the only move was this contrived apology in front of the team.

Apology isn't real. It would be great if the Raiders saw through it and cut his ass anyway. It's the Raiders though. So I doubt they will.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
The fact they let him back in the building to stand in front of the team tells you exactly what they are going to do.

No way they cut him now. They would lose 80% of the locker room before even playing a down this season.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Brown called Mayock a "cracker" and not suspended?????

If a white player would have called AB a n*gger, he would be gone from the league