Any Astros fans upset about moving to the AL? Are there even any Astros fans at all??

PO69

EOG Master
Re: Any Astros fans upset about moving to the AL? Are there even any Astros fans at all??

Not at all!

It will bring better teams into Houston more often

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Re: Any Astros fans upset about moving to the AL? Are there even any Astros fans at all??

Houston might be able to compete with Oakland and Seattle....

PO69

EOG Master

Well they already had one of the worst divisions in baseball. But the only tough thing was that they had a 6 team division and other divisions were 5 or 4 teams

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

So, let me get this straight. Now, the Rangers and Angels will be able to get more 'free wins' than they already get from Seattle and Oakland?

With Houston in that division, its going to be hard for the winner of the division to not finish with the overall best record in the AL.

ajaysdreamplays

EOG Addicted

I see about one Astros game in person per year. I don't really give a shit who they play. It's gonna take them awhile to compete with the Rangers, so no biggie.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

So, let me get this straight. Now, the Rangers and Angels will be able to get more 'free wins' than they already get from Seattle and Oakland?

With Houston in that division, its going to be hard for the winner of the division to not finish with the overall best record in the AL.

In 1-2 years there will be no more divisions. With 15 teams in a league, people will be playing a more balanced schedule I think.

Integrity

EOG Master

I think there'll always be divisions

Can always use a AL West Champs or w/e div to sell to the fans that your team had a good year

Division titles don't mean much more than a playoff berth but they're somewhat prestigious and can be used for marketing, etc.

I wouldn't like seeing each league with no divisions

joeblow

EOG Addicted

What was the reason they did that???

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

In 1-2 years there will be no more divisions. With 15 teams in a league, people will be playing a more balanced schedule I think.
let's hope. I hate sitting around not playing in October and watching inferior teams still playing. I don't really like playing the red sox, rays and jays 18 times each when a team like st Louis gets to play Houston, Pitt and the cubs 18 times each. Stl finishes with 90 wins in a horrible division and we finish with 97 wins in the BEST division and are home for the holidays.