Any interest in a MASTERS contest?

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Trying to gauge interest in Masters contest?

I'll run it if we get 6 or more people interested. Two entries allowed at $50 a pop.

You pick 7 golfers, 5 from groups of the world rankings on Monday 4/8 (I'll list everyone on Monday morning). One golfer from golfers ranked 1-6, one golfer from 7-12, one from 13-18, one from 19-24, and 25-30. Then 2 golfers ranked > 30.

*The winner will be determined by the combined 72 hole total of your 7 golfers. Lowest score wins.

**Tie breaker: The guess closest to the score of the man wearing the green jacket on Sunday (over/under par).

***If any of your golfers do not make the cut that golfer will receive the greater of: 1) his Thursday / Friday total doubled or 2)one plus the highest 4 day total in the remaining field of golfers.

****If your golfer withdrawals from the tournament at any time for any reason after the commencement of play that golfer will receive one plus the highest 4 day total in the remaining field of golfers.

You must have your money in before Thurs 4/11 first tee time about 7 am CST, no pay, no play. I'll send PM to anyone interested with payment info.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Viejo Dinosaur was winner last yr. Think we had around 20 entries.

If we get 10 or more entries, WILL PAY 2nd place, so 10 or > entries (80 % first place, 20 % second place).

EOG normally adds 10% to prize pot, will check with JK to confirm.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Viejo Dinosaur was winner last yr. Think we had around 20 entries.

If we get 10 or more entries, WILL PAY 2nd place, so 10 or > entries (80 % first place, 20 % second place).

EOG normally adds 10% to prize pot, will check with JK to confirm.

Confirmed.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Rail doesn’t want any part of this contest...knows next to nothing about golf.....I’m sure we get some more contestants by Tuesday...

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Sent via PM your picks to JK.

Pick 1 player from each of the groups
Pick 2 players from the rest of the field.
Send 72 hole winning score as a tiebreaker

GROUP A
Justin Rose
Dustin Johnson
Rory McIlroy
Brooks Koepka
Justin Thomas
Bryson DeChambeau

GROUP B
Francesco Molinari
Jon Rahm
Rickie Fowler