any married need advise

fightingirish24

EOG Addicted
hey guys i have been with my girlfriend almost 2 years in may and i wanna pop the question ive been putting 100.00 a pay check away for almost 9 months and i also just recived a letter on my creidt score that should make me get approved for the big ring.

my question isnt about how much i love her its about fincial should i wait an extra 6 months to make sure every thing is paid and i can not stress about it i mean a wedding is probably going to cost 10-20k easily estimating and i could rush into this and be stuck with debts more for another 2-3 years.i also i also have student loans and plan to graduate with my a.a and ill most likly give up school until every bill i have is paid off.my biggest question though is for the guys who got married how did it turn out as far as money.

thanks every one

Re: any married need advise

Everything ends up working out fine, atleast it did for me. Remember the girls parents are supposed to flip alot of the wedding bill if not all of it.

JD_

EOG Veteran

Just win the Ferguson and you'll be set.

Jokes aside, I got my wife a cheaper ring and we did a small creekside wedding that was under a couple hundred bucks. We didn't have lots of money (still don't) and neither do our parents.

Shouldn't be about the size of the ring or wedding. I can say that debt and money problems can be a strain on a relationship though, so put back what you can. I remember you saying you wanted to puyt $500 or something from each pay check into your new gambling account. Maybe instead of upping your check into whatever book you decided, put it into a savings account. Just a suggestion.

fightingirish24

EOG Addicted

yeah i know i know her parents are suppose to pay for it and im hoping they will i just have to get the balls to ask them and talk to them and stuff.i hope in the long run they pay a big part so the money i saved can go on the house were getting or plan on getting.i hate this im coming up with alot of tough decsions in my life and it is making me sick

apartment or house lol i say condo

honda or toyota i say ford

just alot of big things i hope to figure out this upcoming month

thanks though you playing poker tonight

fightingirish24

EOG Addicted

thanks jd yeah ive been putting about 100 a week paycheck away for the last 8 months and im clear off all debts right now except for student loans adding up to like 10k but im working hard monday thru friday and i was going to put 300 a paycheck into bet jamaica or the greek for a couple paychecks to get me something better to bet with than 10 bucks a game i do understand what your saying im just adding up things in my head and wanted to make a forum on this.

the ring im getting isnt fancy or anything about 3k is what im spending and plan to get this 0 percent interst for 2 years so it shouldnt be a issue.also what brick said if her parents can pay for the weeding than ill be in pretty good shape.i havent really mentioned anything like that in front of her dont want that in the air just yet.when her friends talk about it i just say im focusing on work and school even though its on my mind.

Downbound Train

EOG Senior Member

So the wife you referred to the last couple of days is actually your girlfriend??? You seem haunted at times. Just trying to keep it all straight.

Use the big wedding money for a SMALL wedding and a down payment on a HOUSE. Condos don't appreciate the way houses do.

Buy a cheapish ring, you can always add stones later.

Do NOT quit school.

financial instability crushes alotta marriages and can cause some major arguments. she isnt going anywhere bro, id make sure you are set on the money end before dropping huge cash on a ring. it will more than likely work out better in the end. just my 2 cents. hope this helps bro. Good luck in whatever you decide to do and congrats on taking a HUGE step in ur life.

fightingirish24

EOG Addicted

thanks hoffa i plan to quit school for like a year to get all my finaicals ready she has her a.a and when she decides to go towards her bachelors her job will pay it so yeah also plan to get the ring with that 0 percent interest ill see how much money i got saved in 6 months hopefully its more than enough.

fightingirish24

EOG Addicted

its 3k for the ring thats a pretty nice price plus 0 percent interest 2 years so it will be in 24 payments which makes it cheaper

As an alternative you could use the money instead to hire a lawyer and sue every one of your past English professors and teachers for fraud and as a bonus this should relieve you of any obligation to pay back your student loans since they obviously did not deliver the product they were intended for.
Feel free to utilize your posts as evidence exhibits and random internet strangers as character witnesses.
Barring that you could just start weeping for our youth.

All the best,
Clyde

fightingirish24

EOG Addicted

thanks guys for the advice much thanks ill def use all the knowledge you guys tell me im most likly going to wait a good 3 months and save a little more and get everything a little better on track ill def keep ya guys posted

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

24 payments for 3,000 and you want to move to Vegas and enter the Hilton contest? You're about to get married and you want to move to Vegas for the Hilton contest?

fightingirish24

EOG Addicted

i never said move i said go there for a proxy if the oppertunity came up its something ive been wating to do for 2 years ill only fly there and get a proxy if i decide to do it.hoffa thanka man ill def think about that 1500 should be plenty for a ring and i could still do the 2 years 0 interst

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

i never said move i said go there for a proxy if the oppertunity came up its something ive been wating to do for 2 years ill only fly there and get a proxy if i decide to do it.hoffa thanka man ill def think about that 1500 should be plenty for a ring and i could still do the 2 years 0 interst

No, you said move there for 6 months and buy/rent a place. That's what you said. :cheers

You can spend $1500 on a gambling tournament but need 24 months to pay off 3k? That's all I'm wondering.

fightingirish24

EOG Addicted

timly the best thing to do is put it on a creidt card and pay it slowly instead of dishing out 3000 for a ring i could put 200 down and pay 30 a month or something like that that works alot easier than just shitting 3,000 out if i had 3,000 plus all the other things i wanted to do or need to do than it would be different.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

But you have $1500, plus plane ticket money and money to rent a place (what you said originally), to enter the Hilton? Interesting...

fightingirish24

EOG Addicted

no i dont have it as of right now but ill def have that by august of this year its 2k tops to fly hotel get a proxy and the tourny 6 months to save 2k and yeah i have money in my savings and poker

Downbound Train

EOG Senior Member

timly the best thing to do is put it on a creidt card and pay it slowly instead of dishing out 3000 for a ring i could put 200 down and pay 30 a month or something like that that works alot easier than just shitting 3,000 out if i had 3,000 plus all the other things i wanted to do or need to do than it would be different.

Yup, Clyde is right add the Math and Finance teachers to the mix as well.

JD_

EOG Veteran

So the wife you referred to the last couple of days is actually your girlfriend??? You seem haunted at times. Just trying to keep it all straight.

LOL. I didn't catch that. I'm still on my cough syrup and sick as crap . Let that one get right past me.

Blondie

EOG Master

No, you said move there for 6 months and buy/rent a place. That's what you said. :cheers

You can spend $1500 on a gambling tournament but need 24 months to pay off 3k? That's all I'm wondering.

Sad thing, there are people like this in the world.

Can't manage daily bills, however will spend money on travel, tournaments, partying, etc...