ANy Projected Series odds for Miami/Celtics?........I am guessing

rickdee

EOG Senior Member
Re: ANy Projected Series odds for Miami/Celtics?........I am guessing

Can't believe people think Doc Rivers is a good coach. Bottom 5 in the league probably. Not like Boston played a stellar series vs. the Knicks either.

What a silly comment- Have you watched the NBA? Might be some of the worst coaches in any of the leagues. He took 3 huge ego's and turned in a good 4 year run.... After Pop and Jackson i don't think there is a better coach.

munson15

I want winners...

I had you pegged. Too funny, Slim.:LMAO

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

What a silly comment- Have you watched the NBA? Might be some of the worst coaches in any of the leagues. He took 3 huge ego's and turned in a good 4 year run.... After Pop and Jackson i don't think there is a better coach.

How quickly we forget. Rivers was on the edge of being fired (and probably should have based on his team's results) before the super team landed in his lap. He also lucked into an elite PG in Rondo, providing him with 4 potential Hall of Famers in a starting line up. But anyway, any "edge" to be gained from meshing egos is long gone by now. When it comes to in game coaching, the general rule of thumb is either a) do whatever Popovich does or b) do the opposite of whatever Rivers does.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I wouldn't mind seeing Miami lose again if it dips the series price below 150.

Miami -120, celtics have too many backers. Too many people believe they're the better team. Nobody is really 'sold' on the Heatles as being 'battle tested' to be able to win a playoff series vs a team who knows how to win.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

How quickly we forget. Rivers was on the edge of being fired (and probably should have based on his team's results) before the super team landed in his lap. He also lucked into an elite PG in Rondo, providing him with 4 potential Hall of Famers in a starting line up. But anyway, any "edge" to be gained from meshing egos is long gone by now. When it comes to in game coaching, the general rule of thumb is either a) do whatever Popovich does or b) do the opposite of whatever Rivers does.

I don't have Rivers rated as lowly as you do, Tim.

I love Doc's phrase, "No hero basketball."

And doesn't Rivers get some credit for developing Rondo?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Rivers knows Thibs system, since Thibs was his assistant, and that alone makes him an above average coach.

Apple

Banned

Like the Celtics and I'll start my Heat fade now. Anything over Celtics +150, and I'm in. Celtics are playing team basketball, and have proven they can win close games late - there will be a lot of close games in this series, so I'll go with the team that can execute.

smart thinking..

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

SIXERS not going quietly.......yet.

Down a mere 3 at the half..........

munson15

I want winners...

Anybody watching phi/MIA? Anybody seeing the look of absolute terror in the eyes of coach Spoelstra? Anybody still sure Miami will beat Boston four times, or better yet, that they should be heavy favorites vs. the Celtics?

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Anybody watching phi/MIA? Anybody seeing the look of absolute terror in the eyes of coach Spoelstra? Anybody still sure Miami will beat Boston four times, or better yet, that they should be heavy favorites vs. the Celtics?

This along with the last 2 Boston wins may decrease the odds for sure. Miami won this series early and hung on here but were never in doubt. Agree however that is decreases the favortism to Miami.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

The only negative is the HEAT will now be more focused...........and the Celts becoming over confident.

I initially made series line -185 earlier today in favor of the Heat............dropping that to -180 this evening.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Currently Miami -237 over Boston. If you like Boston, get on it now. Number opened higher and I can only see it going down.

I thought you guys were nuts saying Mia -150.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I'm gonna make a lot of money off the Heat in the next 2 weeks I think...

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

I'm gonna make a lot of money off the Heat in the next 2 weeks I think...

It's obvious the Pinny linesmen don't overvalue Boston the same way many in this thread were. Now we'll see what the market thinks.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I had no clue what the price was going to be, but was simply stating that I'd play Boston at +150 and higher. I'll be playing Boston in this series. GL to all, should be a fun series.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

I think it may have opened around -270 but after a couple 2k whacks they readjusted. The opener was silly and if I'd seen it, would probably have bet Boston. I think the no-vig fair price is around Mia -210.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

Currently Miami -237 over Boston. If you like Boston, get on it now. Number opened higher and I can only see it going down.

I thought you guys were nuts saying Mia -150.

So I guess my original prediction of -250 was very close or spot on? Gosh I amaze myself sometimes and wonder why I choose not to be on the 'other side' of the coin.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

So I guess my original prediction of -250 was very close or spot on? Gosh I amaze myself sometimes and wonder why I choose not to be on the 'other side' of the coin.

Lets see when the American Books open, what the opening line is. And what it settles at early and late. I am thinking my -200 is looking good. Sometimes the early Pinny lines are off. Sometimes not...lets just wait and see.

Pulp Fiction line: "Lets not start sucking each other dicks quite yet"......

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Yes, the closing line is the right number. A lot of times, the opener is just a dart throw.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Again, the HEAT have not advanced yet folks.

........and again, it would not surprise me to see the SIXERs pull the upset tonight.

It would not surprise me if Lebron started to take over the rest of the playoffs.....

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Pinny:

Miami -192/Boston +163

Where is Miami's support level?

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Jesus. I think it is going to stabilize soon, I'd be surprised to see Miami -140s. You know there is going to be some buyback eventually as the guys who got in at +240 and below will look to take out some profits. I'm likely going to be betting Miami but not going to pull the trigger until it makes an upmove back towards Miami.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Greek

Miami -175

Celtics 145

Bookmaker still not out and lets see today the movement. This is more accurate that the Pinny opener. Good job guys.

Still early for this!

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Of course it's going to be more accurate than Pinny, they sat on the sidelines and watched their number get crushed for 8 hours.

railbird

EOG Master

Refs will make sure Heat advance, just like they made sure OKC won today.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Jesus. I think it is going to stabilize soon, I'd be surprised to see Miami -140s. You know there is going to be some buyback eventually as the guys who got in at +240 and below will look to take out some profits. I'm likely going to be betting Miami but not going to pull the trigger until it makes an upmove back towards Miami.
Gotta assume a lot of sharp action to move a # like it's moved... Market price might be around Boston +150.

munson15

I want winners...

I'll stick to my guns as to what the correct price should be, but obviously was wrong as to what they'd post it at.

munson15

I want winners...

I wish I had been awake when the line was north of +200.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Gotta assume a lot of sharp action to move a # like it's moved... Market price might be around Boston +150.

Absolutely. I was on the phone with one such guy when the Pinny price came out and in the middle of my sentence, I just heard "holy shit, gotta go, I'll hit you up later".

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

-200 Right now at Bookmaker. -180 at Greek.

munson15

I want winners...

-185 if you like Miami seems to be the best price available at the moment.