Anyone else taking ALEVE or Naproxen for pain

Sam Odom

EOG Master
I'm trying to ween off of barbiturates for back trouble/pain and the Doc told me to get Naproxen Sodium, known as Aleve. Anyone been using this? What are the pluses and minuses

Just melt cocaine and apply it over the area that hurts... once it gets into the blood stream it will releave you of pain. Took ache? Apply cocaine.

dirty

EOG Master
I got a whole bottle of Prescription Naproxen left over from my Rotator Surg....it works a whole lot better than Aleve....But not bad at all if you take enough of the over the counter stuff....

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted
I was on it for a year with shoulder problems. Never had any side effects although recently they say may cause problems(I think heart) if taken for years at a time. Not like taking percocet or any of the more serious pain relievers.

I am leary of pills (vitamins excuded) .... several years ago I was dating two girls at the same time and had a wisdom tooth pulled...the doc gave me a scrip for Demerol .... I took a few and went to bed ... phone rings and I think I am talking to the other girlfriend (that went well) ...later other one calls and same thing....that was not a pretty week for independent Glaken.

No more pills for me ....

JohnnyDeMarco

EOG Addicted
DILAUDID (hydromorphone hydrochloride) this shit will snuff anything including kidney stones. guaranteed you will feel no pain. end of story.

morphine and demoral really mess me up. They make you feel great but if you take too much it'll make you feel kinda sick and itchy and shit. Don't recommend taking it on an empty stomach either.

Aleve is Naproxen Sodium btw...

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated
Seriously, I have had S.I joint problems in my lower back for 19 years. When it starts to hurt, I take 800 milligrams of Motrin (Ibuprofin) 3 times a day and it works. The doctor had to prescribe such a high dose so I did not have to take several over the counter. After the first day I have relief and if I keep taking it it continues to relieve me. I usually will stop after I feel better just so I don't get immuned to it. Take it after eating or with milk so that it does not tear your stomach lining up.