Anyone else want to argue Abreu is the best 1B in Chicago still?

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Rizzo - .333/.463/.598

Abreu - .288/.349/.500

Let's not forget Rizzo plays phenomenal defense while Abreu is a bit of a liability on that end.

Anthony Rizzo - legitimate NL MVP candidate.

blueline

EOG Master
Re: Anyone else want to argue Abreu is the best 1B in Chicago still?

it's not even close when you factor in the intangibles

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

I wish Timely still posted here. He's been impressively wrong about every argument we've ever had.

Yes, Rizzo honestly is becoming my favorite Cub ever.. pretty impressive at the age of 25. Makes all the right plays and every at bat is a good one. He's the first player where I've actually felt bad with how little he makes... 7 years 41 million is a fucking steal for what the Cubs are getting.

Kleuger

EOG Senior Member

Rizzo - .333/.463/.598

Abreu - .288/.349/.500

Let's not forget Rizzo plays phenomenal defense while Abreu is a bit of a liability on that end.

Anthony Rizzo - legitimate NL MVP candidate.

So, you want us to ignore 2014 entirely and focus on the first 40 games of 2015?

Abreu 2014 .317/.383/.581 36 HR, 107 RBI,
Rizzo 2014 .286/.463/.527 32 HR, 78 RBi

Kleuger

EOG Senior Member

You know what this place needs.

More threads about Cubs players.

Let's start one about Kris Bryant's patience at the plate.

Rizzo's NL MVP campaign.

There has to be at least 40 more Cubs topics we can create.

Oh, I have one.

How they are nothing more than a middling .500 team, in a watered down, weak-ass division.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Probably best to look for trends... like the fact that Abreu's BABIP was .420 in the 2nd half last year, which is absurdly unsustainable, and the fact his ISO was down huge from the first half.

Rizzo's ISO was much higher than Abreu's in the 2nd half last year, so this is not merely 40 days of outperformance as you'd like to claim.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

You know what this place needs.

More threads about Cubs players.

Let's start one about Kris Bryant's patience at the plate.

Rizzo's NL MVP campaign.

There has to be at least 40 more Cubs topics we can create.

Oh, I have one.

How they are nothing more than a middling .500 team, in a watered down, weak-ass division.

lmao watered down weak ass division that is widely considered the best division in baseball. :doh1

Kleuger, don't have kids. We don't need your shitty genetics procreating.

Kleuger

EOG Senior Member

lmao watered down weak ass division that is widely considered the best division in baseball. :doh1

Kleuger, don't have kids. We don't need your shitty genetics procreating.

The Cardinals without Wainy, the Reds with Bailey on the shelf and a leadoff hitter batting .200, followed by the murderer's row of Pittsburgh and Milwaukee.

Who exactly considers the NL Central "the best division in baseball"?

Kleuger

EOG Senior Member

I am going to help you out Javy.

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=32

You can post there and create 200 threads a day about the Cubs.

You can jerk off to posts about Bryant and tell everyone how much you love Rizzo.

You sure as hell have a much larger audience of people who give a fuck, or who actually gave a single thought about who is better Rizzo or Abreu.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

The Cardinals without Wainy, the Reds with Bailey on the shelf and a leadoff hitter batting .200, followed by the murderer's row of Pittsburgh and Milwaukee.

Who exactly considers the NL Central "the best division in baseball"?

Cardinals are the best team in baseball. And Pirates are bad now? I guess you haven't been paying attention to baseball for the last 3-4 years. Sorry to hear that. It's a great sport. Get your head out of your ass you fucking tard. The league is 5 games over .500 despite the Brewers being 11 games under.

Kleuger

EOG Senior Member

Cardinals are the best team in baseball. And Pirates are bad now? I guess you haven't been paying attention to baseball for the last 3-4 years. Sorry to hear that. It's a great sport. Get your head out of your ass you fucking tard. The league is 5 games over .500 despite the Brewers being 11 games under.

The Cardinals are the best because they are 17-7 against teams in that shitty NL Central.

Milwaukee being 11 games under .500 is because they suck. They are a horrible baseball team.

Do you honestly believe the Reds or Pirates would finish higher than 4th in the NL West?

Oh, and by the way.. the AL Central is 7 games above .500 outside of their division, and that includes Cleveland's shitty start.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

The Cardinals are the best because they are 17-7 against teams in that shitty NL Central.

Milwaukee being 11 games under .500 is because they suck. They are a horrible baseball team.

Do you honestly believe the Reds or Pirates would finish higher than 4th in the NL West?

Oh, and by the way.. the AL Central is 7 games above .500 outside of their division, and that includes Cleveland's shitty start.

Are you a White Sox fan? Is that what this is about? Frankly, you guys are lucky to only be 3 games under .500 with your numbers. The Sox are an abortion of a baseball team. I'm sorry that the Cubs are better, I didn't know it would hurt your feelings so much.

Kleuger

EOG Senior Member

Are you a White Sox fan? Is that what this is about? Frankly, you guys are lucky to only be 3 games under .500 with your numbers. The Sox are an abortion of a baseball team. I'm sorry that the Cubs are better, I didn't know it would hurt your feelings so much.

Jesus Christ. A Cubs fan talking shit. I've seen it all.

Losing defines you. Everything about the Cubs is losing.

What are you going to point to? Your 1908 banner?

And no, I'm not a White Sox fan. That is why I don't (or anyone outside of you), give a fuck about Abreu or Rizzo.

The Cubs are the Cubs. They'll finish at or around .500, Cubs fans like yourself will spend 4 months jerking off about "next year being our year", and the Cardinals will continue to dominate you.

It's sad really. The best you have is always "next year".

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Kleuger, you're embarrassing yourself pal. Might as well see your way out of this thread and hope people forget that you ever entered it.

Kleuger

EOG Senior Member

Kleuger, you're embarrassing yourself pal. Might as well see your way out of this thread and hope people forget that you ever entered it.

A bump.

For no other reason but to see a Cubs fan talking shit.

A Cubs fan.

Holy fuck. The world is ending when Cubs fans start to talk shit about winning.

It's like Eagles fans talking about their Super Bowls, or someone trying to convince you Sergio Garcia is the greatest golfer that ever lived.

It's that bat-shit kind of crazy.