Anyone Have the Browns -3.5 on up

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Not to be a dick, but if you had the Browns today and didn't as least push, you're doing something wrong
Timing is key to betting it early and benefitting from the best lines. Kane said it like a gambling 101 pro.

Chubb doing the Gurley whirly as time expired. 😂

Last edited:

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Not to be a dick, but if you had the Browns today and didn't as least push, you're doing something wrong

Hence the thread title. I didn’t have a dog in the hunt. Btw I think this is a fair question, you ever disclose when you don’t get the best of it?

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Stupid call and stupid organization.

Huge problem is he actually used all of his angle and speed to turn the corner then rush at top speed only to then go out of bounds RIGHT before he scores and it just seems it was a huge fuck you towards gamblers. He definitely knew the spread.

Valuist

EOG Master
Stupid call and stupid organization.

Huge problem is he actually used all of his angle and speed to turn the corner then rush at top speed only to then go out of bounds RIGHT before he scores and it just seems it was a huge fuck you towards gamblers. He definitely knew the spread.

We’ve seen instances recently where players have scored late TDs and come under criticism for doing that. Players only have two thoughts; their own performance and that of the team. I don’t think gamblers are on their radar.

Valuist

EOG Master
I think people get used to seeing completely useless TDs scored in the final minute of college games and assume that it will work that way in the NFL. In the NBA we hear over bettors bitch because a team dribbles out the final possession. In college football it seems like the attitude is pulverize teams as much as possible and in the NFL there is a point in most games, where burning clock takes priority over trying to score more points. The NFL has always been like that.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
The end of the AZ game is a tough loser for AZ backers, but its not as bad as having Cleveland.

But AZ actually did the smart thing and we know it - it's just from a betting standpoint...OUCH! You don't even run the risk of having a PAT try run back for 2 to tie the game.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
It was the absolute right move, and a brilliant move to maximize his own yardage, avoid injury by not falling down awkwardly, or getting hit, and assure his team won. .And I pushed on Cleve. I love seeing Intelligent players and plays, and this was one.

jimmythegreek

You give Hous the ball with about a minute to go.
I'll take my chances knowing Houston needs to score a TD needing to go potentially 75 yards, then an onside kick plus a fg, all with no timeouts with my team playing great defense with the adverse conditions.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
The heart break of the Browns game was him running so far and then going out of bounds. If he breaks into the open and goes down immediately the pain isnt quite as bad. The fact he was inside the 10 and suddenly had the moment of "oh shit I better not score" makes it hurt.

The Arizona game was the right way to go as well. Takes all chance out of the game even if it is so so tiny that the Bills could return the extra point back.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Guess it's just me. I'd rather ensure going up 2 scores given the situation
When an offense can ensure they're kneeling to end a game, that's the right play. SML above has it right. If he goes down right after the 1st down, no one is even talking about it. Because getting the 1st down was the only goal. It ends the game definitively. I had Cleve -3 and knew I could only push or lose. Winning wasn't possible unless a player did something dumb. Chubb almost did, but he was just fooling around.

jimmythegreek

When an offense can ensure they're kneeling to end a game, that's the right play. SML above has it right. If he goes down right after the 1st down, no one is even talking about it. Because getting the 1st down was the only goal. It ends the game definitively. I had Cleve -3 and knew I could only push or lose. Winning wasn't possible unless a player did something dumb. Chubb almost did, but he was just fooling around.
I'm not looking at this from a wagering situation and I gave a right to my own opinion. For do many things to happen in under :60, I have confidence in my defense to pretty much put a wrap on the game with a second score, the analytics bullshit aside. Yes I understand the game pretty much ends definitively, but knowing my defense is playing well all day and given the percentages against the opposition, I stand by how I would play it.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Guess it's just me. I'd rather ensure going up 2 scores given the situation
Look at it this way - even if Hou is down two scores, there is a possibility they can get the ball twice via a onside kick. This way, they don’t get the ball at all. That is the only think that mattered.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran

yep.

it's a crazy game. if you are handed the victory 100% you take that, as opposed to taking stats and a less than 100% chance of victory

Kick off's can be returned

onside kicks can be recovered

Hail mary's can be thrown from the 50 like we saw with Kyler yesterday

are all those things likely to happen? no. but even if it's 1 in million you don't take the chance when the difference is 6-3 or 5-4

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Just last Wednesday WM let Toledo score so they could get the ball back and ended up with a miracle win.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
The way in which he did it leaves somebody with a sound brain and mind confused. That's all.

Even the argument "he is for the team" diminishes when you needlessly rush for an extra 50 yards AND GO OUT OF BOUNDS.

It's all just garbage.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The fast-spreading strategy of kneeling down or running out of bounds before scoring is obviously correct.

It is the counter to football defensive units purposely allowing an opposing team to score.

As competitors, the counterintuitive strategy is against everything we've ever been taught.

But it is the right move.

For those of us who are gambling on the game, the endgame antics add more randomness to pointspread outcomes, never a good thing.

Last edited:

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
After more thought I get it taking out all miracle situations. My initial reaction was picturing some bettor sitting there (unlike some here who seem to always get the greatest numbers available) with a -3.5 or higher thinking praise Jesus and the cat steps out at the one.

bobodad

EOG Addicted
For Houston to come back, the chance is very slim. For your players to get injure due to additional snaps can be very real.

jimmythegreek

Seriously? You'd say the odds of being able to basically execute two snaps without a fumble is lower than giving an opponent a minute to score twice. Come on, that's ridiculous.
Bill, I'm sorry you can't always please city hall. If you don''t have the same balls as I do then let's agree to disagree rather than becoming a condescending critique. Th odds of executing all the things that have to happen are slimmer than a cunt hair.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
On a related note: I've seen a few college football teams this season execute "Victory Formation" with a shotgun snap.

I don't get it.