Anyone here have diabetes?

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
My nephew was diagnosed with it at 18 months old. In June it will be 22 years since that happened. NO ONE in the family has it which leaves us wondering HOW he got it. I would forego gifts for the rest of my life if it meant his diabetes would go away forever

winky, i'm curious if your sister and her husband tried anything besides just the medication the doctor prescribed, i'm a firm believer in alternative medicines and healing thru diet...

your nephew got it and 18mo and is now 22yrs old .....he should have been in remission a long time ago if he was doing the right things.....i'd have him eating fatty fish 5x a week for starters

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
winky, i'm curious if your sister and her husband tried anything besides just the medication the doctor prescribed, i'm a firm believer in alternative medicines and healing thru diet...

your nephew got it and 18mo and is now 22yrs old .....he should have been in remission a long time ago if he was doing the right things.....i'd have him eating fatty fish 5x a week for starters
IDK think it ever goes in remission. You can control it thru diet and insilin, the lucky ones don't need the insilin.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

He is actually 23 - born 12/20/97

FW nailed it - Type 1 never goes away. You are born with Type 1. Type 2 comes from poor eating and can go away but not Type 1

Knowing my sister like I do I doubt she took any "alternative" medicine. She has always eaten "good" and been smart about her diet. Having said that my b-i-l's family is on the larger side of things but again that is more Type 2 than Type 1.

We have no idea why the nephew is Type 1 - just he is and we accept it

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
Case Report - Biomedical Research (2019) Volume 30, Issue 3

Reversal of type 1 diabetes using plant-based diet: A case study.
Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury*

Medical Nutritionist, Indo-Vietnam Medical Board, India

*Corresponding Author:Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury
Medical Nutritionist Indo-Vietnam Medical Board India
Accepted Date: May 14, 2019

DOI: 10.35841/biomedicalresearch.30-19-182
Visit for more related articles at Biomedical Research
Abstract
Type-1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease characterized by hyperglycemia, inability to produce insulin due to self-destruction of beta cells in the pancreas. The epidemic of type-1 diabetes causes irreversible suffering like retinopathy, nephropathy, neuropathy, foot complications, high blood pressure, etc, and put patients on a life sentence with insulin. The common perception in medical science is that sugar levels cannot be normalized without the help of medication. However, in the present study we examined a type 1 patient by putting her on a diet plan with regular follow ups and studied all diabetes-related biochemical parameters. We were successfully able to eliminate her medication and insulin dependency.

Introduction
Diabetes is one of the most common metabolic disorders associated with many life-threatening complications which make the life of a diabetic person worse. Diabetes is of two types- type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. Type 2 is the more common type of diabetes worldwide (90-95%), marked by an increased blood sugar level, frequent urination and weight loss. The other is type 1 or gestational diabetes (5-10%). In type 2 diabetes, impaired receptors do not respond to insulin, eventually leading to insulin resistance while in type 1 there is a deficiency of insulin [1].

Case Presentation
Here, we present a case of a 23-year-old female, weighing 60 kg, who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at Fortis, Mohali on 28 Dec 2011. She had been on insulin (60 U/day) for eight years before coming to us. She complained about her vision and was diagnosed with glaucoma in both her eyes and retinal detachment in her left eye. Her eyes had been operated on thrice. She displayed a nephropathy condition as stones were also found in her kidney.

She had been taking basic intervention through our video [9] for five months (Aug 2018-Dec 2018), after which, she approached us using the Diabetes 72 app [10] in Jan 2019. She was put on intensive intervention, where she was monitored regularly by a six-member health team in Faridabad.

Intervention

For the initial five months, she had been following the videorecommended diet, which includes cooked food along with raw food. This diet is divided into breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast includes four different types of fruits which weigh equal to body weight (in kg) × 10 = …(gm). Lunch includes four types of raw vegetables which weigh equal to body weight (in kg) × 5 = … (gm) along with a normal cooked meal. Dinner is calculated the same way as lunch. In addition to this, soaked nuts and sprouts are also a part of the diet and the quantity of these also depend on the patient’s body weight (kg)… (gm). Sunshine is also an integral part of the prescribed diet. Packed and refined food, nutritional supplements, non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and dinner at late hours are strictly denied.

After five months, she was recommended to follow a more restricted diet plan mainly consisting of fruits and raw vegetables. Dairy products and cooked food were completely eliminated during intensive intervention [8]. A regular monitoring of glucose (fasting and post prandial) was carried out during intervention.

Biochemical parameters

Before intervention: The patient had been suffering from type 1 diabetes for eight years as was diagnosed in Dec 2011. She was prescribed 28 units before breakfast and 22 units before dinner of Mixtard insulin, and 10 units before lunch of Actrapid. In addition to that, she was taking 1000 mg of metformin per day. Her blood sugar level varied from 156 ± 24 mg/dl with total insulin (60 Unit) and 159 ± 5 with 25 U insulin. Her HbA1c was 9.3% in 2011 and mean plasma glucose was 197 at the time of diagnosis (Table 1).

Variables Date Insulin C-peptide GAD HbA1c (%) Blood sugar in average (mg/dl) At the time of diagnosis (2011)(28.12.11)Mixtrad--9.3160*28 U+22 U/dayActaprid 10 U/dayBasic intervention (2019)Till mid-August50 U---156*From mid Aug to Dec25 U159*Intensive intervention (2019)4th Jan0---1955th Jan0---1816th Jan0---176At the time of preparation of manuscript -00.9377.2 -(19.2.2019)(5.3.2019)(18.2.2019)
Note: GAD = Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase, Parenthesis (-) represents the non-availability of data, *Glucose levels with insulin therapy
Table 1. The biochemical parameters before and after intervention.

Post intervention: The intervention was divided into two phases.

Basic intervention: Where cooked food was offered along with raw food (Aug 2018-Jan 2019).

Intensive intervention: Where no cooked food was given (4-6 Jan 2019).

Her dependency on insulin decreased gradually from 60 U to 25 U during basic the intervention phase, and eventually to nil during intensive intervention phase. Her HBA1c was 7.2% post intervention. Her C-peptide level was 0.93 (0.81-3.85) ng/ml, mean plasma glucose was 160 and Glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) 7 U/ml (value <30 is considered negative) after dietary intervention (Table 1).

Discussion
Type 1 diabetes has been neglected for a long time and its nationwide prevalence is not yet known. The growing number of type 1 cases is a cause of concern as its treatment is difficult in comparison to that of type 2 [11]. In this article, we show a comprehensive analysis by stating the pre and post diabetic condition of a proband severely affected with type 1 diabetes who approached us using the Diabetes 72 app in Jan 2019. Her HbA1c reading was close to 8 every time, which is on the higher side. Higher values of HBA1c are suggestive of diabetic complications [12] which are evident by her eye and kidney problem. Her insulin dependency reduced to less than half after a basic dietary intervention, and finally, to nil after intensive intervention. Originally, when she was diagnosed as diabetic, her insulin intake was 60U in 2011 per day, and it came down to 25U in 2018 per day owing to dietary intervention. Presently, she is no longer dependent on insulin. Her glucose levels are also in normal range without insulin (184 ± 9). Her GAD values are suggestive of the reversal of type-1 diabetes. She adheres to regular follow ups. Evidences of cases of type 1 diabetes due to disturbed lifestyle are increasing [13]. Dietary intervention is a great help to medical science in curbing type 1 diabetes in a higher percentage, without causing any side effects. The complete reversal of chronic type 1 diabetes through dietary intervention is a ray of hope to many patients who are in the trap of medicines.

Conclusion
Diet plays a major role in the reversal of autoimmune diseases like type 1 diabetes. If left untreated, diabetes type 1 can lead to severe complications. Type-1 diabetes was once thought to be irreversible and progressive after diagnosis, but evidences suggest it can be reversed by following an appropriate diet plan. Here, we successfully treated a patient suffering from type 1 diabetes with complications by prescribing a customized diet plan. We searched major literature databases like Research Gate, Pubmed and Google Scholar, but could not find any type 1 reversal study of this kind. Therefore, this is the first report of a diabetes type 1 reversal in the world as per best of our knowledge.

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
Chris Kresser, M.S.

winky....look into more guys like this and less guys like fairwarning.......that aint a shot at fw, but he's a wedding dj and chris is a fvcking medical god.....many more like him on joe rogan podcast.....listen to joes medical guest and do research from there, it's amazing

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
same reason i don't listen to dipshits like dr fauci.....he's hollywood

i listen to dr shiva and profssor Pierre kirby and thats why i havent worn a mask in a year...

media lies a lot ......media doctors even more

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
i aint going to lie.....i get so frustrated when i hear guys like winky who say......i'd give up ever gift the rest of my life... /weird thing to say but whatever/ ....and then you tell that guy something besides status quo and the reaction is....no no no, just going to stick with the medication the doctor gave that he also gives to every other patient who he doesnt care about

put the kid on a fatty fish diet or plant based or whatever else you find, and check his insulin levels before and after...

you woyld give up anything right winky.....even gifts lol....how about 30 days of making the fvcking kid his daily meals

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
i aint going to lie.....i get so frustrated when i hear guys like winky who say......i'd give up ever gift the rest of my life... /weird thing to say but whatever/ ....and then you tell that guy something besides status quo and the reaction is....no no no, just going to stick with the medication the doctor gave that he also gives to every other patient who he doesnt care about

put the kid on a fatty fish diet or plant based or whatever else you find, and check his insulin levels before and after...

you woyld give up anything right winky.....even gifts lol....how about 30 days of making the fvcking kid his daily meals
(y)

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
I think it could be reversed but i don't want to eat like a rabbit :p

i get it youre joking a little, but there are other studies that arent rabbit food related......i sound like a broken record but fatty fish is one....

ok i'm done here....going to lose money gambling now....that's one sickness i don't have a cure for

Bigrunner

EOG Master
then stop saying you'd do anything

Being a dumb Alcoholic is way more life threatening than diabetes. Did you change your lifestyle after you got your ass kick in that famous 2 hit fight. It happened outside your local bar. You got hit in the eye and then you hit the ground. That's wasn't healthy. Was it your wakeup call?

waco

EOG Dedicated
All i know is we wont be getting a bill to pay for the 25 secret servicemen who paid $625 (friday, saturday, sunday) a night at Trump golf course every weekend. And the secret servicemen couldnt have a room mate. And this wasnt including golf and food.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

you would give up anything right winky.....even gifts lol....how about 30 days of making the fvcking kid his daily meals

He would tolerate it for about..1 MEAL! If that. Thanks for the offer but he'd never go for it

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
winky......the real answer is that you wouldnt do shit for your nephew unless you found a lamp with a genie inside....

take away every gift lol......well would someone write a contract on that, a genie maybe
give 100m dollars you don't have, only if a genie gave it to u

you are unwilling to take the time or do anything to help your nephew......fact

would you even take 8hr ....1/3 of a whole day.....and do obscure research.....no you wouldnt
would you approach any finding to your sister, her husband or their son......no you wouldnt

you are no different then 90pct of lazy americans......if it aint a genie in a lamp doing all the work, you want no part of it

you gave up on any idea besides what the dumb doctor has diagnosed for 22yrs now, in less then 24hr of this thread

you are a fake....a phoney.....and a shitty uncle

fact

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
for someone who thinks he's very smart, you come across very child like...

you'll give up all your gifts the rest of my life......pretty stupid thing to say, is this a deal your'e going to make with god
i'll give up 100m dollars i dont have if i had it....ok, well, we wont ever know will we, and if you did have that money, i thought there was no cure, are you going to buy one

you have two real things....your time and voice......and you choose to use neither......you only want make believe deals with a genie

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
lazy in both body and mind.......fake fvck

truth be told, you hate your nephew.....if you loved him you'd try to help.....but you choose to rub a bottle you found at the beach after watching too many disney movies

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
i'll say it before it's said.......this is the reason i'm a first ballot hof'r....internet posting legend..

rolex wearing
diamond ring wearing
kiss stealing
wheeling and dealing
limousine driving
jet flying
son of a gun
and i'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down
now give me two claps and a ric flair
clap clap
whooooooooooooooooooooooo

MrTop

EOG Master
A European company is pioneering a bloodless way for people with diabetes to monitor their glucose levels.

Why it matters: More than 5% of the global population is affected by diabetes, and the number is set to keep rising. A more seamless monitoring system would make it easier for people with diabetes to manage their conditions and avoid disastrous health outcomes.

How it works: DiaMonTech is developing machines that use lasers and an optical lens to read glucose levels through the skin photothermally.

• A user places his finger on the lens for a few seconds, and "wavelengths from the infrared laser are selectively absorbed by the glucose molecules in skin and we detect the small amount of heat that is caused by the absorption," says Thorsten Lubinski, DiaMonTech's CEO.
  • A proprietary algorithm is able to convert those readings into glucose levels.

Being a dumb Alcoholic is way more life threatening than diabetes. Did you change your lifestyle after you got your ass kick in that famous 2 hit fight. It happened outside your local bar. You got hit in the eye and then you hit the ground. That's wasn't healthy. Was it your wakeup call?

what a dick you are. what a complete jackass, being the biggest cocksucker on the forum and hiding behind your title. never seen anything like it.

MrTop

EOG Master

now i know why you voted for trump. ;) Diabetes a big favorite over a drinker... takes years to KO a liver.

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
blood transfusion
cell replacement
dmt
diet
exercise
fix leaky gut
meditation

or

have your 55yr uncle give up gifts the rest of his life, signed from biden as an executive order....or....by aladens lamp

or

doctors recommendation he gives to all his patients that dont work

MrTop

EOG Master
blood transfusion
cell replacement
dmt
diet
exercise
fix leaky gut
meditation

or

have your 55yr uncle give up gifts the rest of his life, signed from biden as an executive order....or....by aladens lamp

or

doctors recommendation he gives to all his patients that dont work

does not work....