Anyone know when "Mitty" Romney's sons will be enlisting?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Romney Speaks Up for Sons' Decisions

<!-- Chicklets --> GLEN JOHNSON | August 8, 2007 05:44 PM EST |

]

BETTENDORF, Iowa ? Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Wednesday defended his five sons' decision not to enlist in the military, saying they're showing their support for the country by "helping me get elected."

Romney, who did not serve in Vietnam due to his Mormon missionary work and a high draft lottery number, was asked the question by an anti-war activist after a speech in which he called for "a surge of support" for U.S. forces in Iraq.

"The good news is that we have a volunteer Army and that's the way we're going to keep it," Romney told some 200 people gathered in an abbey near the Mississippi River that had been converted into a hotel. "My sons are all adults and they've made decisions about their careers and they've chosen not to serve in the military and active duty and I respect their decision in that regard."
<!-- Top news/blogs -->
He added: "One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president."

<q></q><cite></cite>

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted
Re: Anyone know when "Mitty" Romney's sons will be enlisting?

Like most republicans, they talk up war big but they don't want to go. Bush was a big supporter of the Vietnam war, but didn't volunteer to go, i guess Vietnam freedom was less important then Iraqi freedom. Cheney 5 military deferments, now Romney and his sons.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Throw in Limbaugh's pimple on his fat ass and Giulani following in Cheney's
footsteps and almost comical in a sad way to see the GOP attack vets like Kerry, Webb,
Stolz, Cleland and Murtha ....

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

after bush's "we left vietnam too early" comment, jesse ventura asked why he was never there.

Doc,
We just have to let it go! We got fucked!! And all our bitchin aint gonna change the fact that we all surfed away on the internet while GWB HI-JACKED this country and drove it's reputation and future SIMULTANEOUSLY in the ground!! And we really didn't DO anything about it!! I said, the day that he stole the first election, that "the country would never settle for this" and "we would NEVER let the courts appoint a president!"

The fact of the matter is, we're just fucked up in this country as far as leadership goes; EITHER party!! The democrats have stooped to low-ball shit to get back at the repugnants and now they're just as bad!!! This country is FUCKED and we'll be lucky if the world doesn't end in the next 20 years!!
Buck............OUT!!

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

yungbuck:
how'd your semester/trimester go ? i miss your comments when schools in session. i hope all is well.

yungbuck:
how'd your semester/trimester go ? i miss your comments when schools in session. i hope all is well.

Bob,
Appreciate it, bud!! There's nothing I enjoy more than shootin the shit wit you guys over the world's problems!! As for school, I'm on Spring Break of my 2nd year now, so I got all my mid-terms coming in the next month and a half!! I got right at a 2.9 GPA for Year 1!!
How you been? We are gonna rip 'em a new asshole this football season....I feel it coming on!! After 2 Years of breaking even, the Buck is gonna win him some $$$$$$$$!!!!
I'll try to pop in and keep in touch more, partna!!

:cheers