Anyone Use Those 5 Hour Energy Or Energy Drinks In General?

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated
i thought about getting me one of those 5 hour energy drinks and then i read about someone right where i live died after drinking one....

Michael Lee, a cardiologist and assistant professor at the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, says most people are able to tolerate high doses of caffeine, although it's hardly recommended that somebody ingest these drinks before a strenuous activity.

"They can increase somebody's heart rate to the point it turns into an arrhythmia and that sometimes can be fatal," Lee says. "If somebody has an undetected heart abnormality, these beverages can be dangerous."

That's what the wife of a 27-year-old Tennessee man alleges. In a lawsuit filed at U.S. District Court in Memphis earlier this month, Monica Hassell claims her husband, Antonio Hassell, suffered a sudden heart attack while playing basketball and doctors linked his death to 5-Hour Energy.

Monica Hassell's lawyers are seeking $165 million in economic and punitive damages. The lawsuit alleges Living Essentials failed to disclose the risks of using its product, "especially in cases of exercise." It also claims Living Essentials failed to conduct testing and research into the safety of 5-Hour Energy, did not warn consumers of side effects and "was otherwise careless and negligent."

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated
Re: Anyone Use Those 5 Hour Energy Or Energy Drinks In General?

they work wonders for hangover prevention....only reason i've ever used one

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I always see those but I've never had one. "Energy" drinks aren't really my thing.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

after reading that article they won't be my thing either,lol.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Who are you kidding, Mikey? You use them when mixing your purple drank.