Are The CA Angels Moving?

Heim

EOG Master
They exercised their right to opt out of their lease 2020 & have been exploring other sites. I would think this is just a move to get more upgrades from the city however Vegas is looking for a team and the rumor is the Rio, which is up for sale, will be bought and demolished for a mlb stadium.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
What’s wrong with it? I haven’t been there since they were reconfiguring the outfield for the Rams (yeah ages). It always looks nice on tv.

Out of the 12 MLB stadiums I've been too, it's up there with the worst. I think it's ugly, old and boring. Petco on the other hand, I LOVE!

blueline

EOG Master
What’s wrong with it? I haven’t been there since they were reconfiguring the outfield for the Rams (yeah ages). It always looks nice on tv.
I was there for Cubs games so its been awhile....it wasn't a gem but it was perfectly fine to see a game...inexpensive parking easy in and out

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Artie playing hardball to acquire a lower rate, nothing more.

BINGO! He is not going to move. There was talk of him trying to find a place in Tustin - about 5-ish miles South - but that won't happen. The SITE is perfect because the 5/22/57 all meet there so easy freeway access (Hence the name it is called: Orange Crush). And I am not so sure Arte will even OWN the team in 3 years. Right now if forced to bet one way I'd bet he does NOT own the team when the 2021 season begins

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Out of the 12 MLB stadiums I've been too, it's up there with the worst. I think it's ugly, old and boring. Petco on the other hand, I LOVE!

Chavez Ravine is no bargain....but at least 30% of the fans leave early so not much traffic congestion...

Sol Diablo

House of Heat

Here's how I would rank the parks Ive been to. Taking ambience into account as well.

1. AT&T Park (SF)
2. Camden Yards (BAL)
3. Petco Park (SD)
4. Fenway Park (BOS)
5. Angels Stadium (ANA)
6. Dodgers Stadium (LA)
7. Yankees Stadium (NY)
8. Sky Dome (TOR)
9. Chase Field (AZ)
10. Marlins Park (MIA)

30. Tropicana Field (TB)

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Here's how I would rank the parks Ive been to. Taking ambience into account as well.

1. AT&T Park (SF)
2. Camden Yards (BAL)
3. Petco Park (SD)
4. Fenway Park (BOS)
5. Angels Stadium (ANA)
6. Dodgers Stadium (LA)
7. Yankees Stadium (NY)
8. Sky Dome (TOR)
9. Chase Field (AZ)
10. Marlins Park (MIA)

30. Tropicana Field (TB)

I am NOT a fan of Petco

First year of the place we sat down the LF line - about 30-40 feet from the LF wall. We could not see the last 40-ish feet of the 3B line and could not see the last 30-ish feet in LF before the wall. And the seats were NOT labeled "Obstructed View" at all. I learned my lesson. Now when I go to to a game I sit high up behind home plate. I can see everything inclduing a rather nice view of Downtown SD. Parking is a nightmare!

Gabe

Horse racing expert

1. AT&T Park (SF)
2. Camden Yards (BAL)
3. Petco Park (SD)
4. Fenway Park (BOS)
5. Angels Stadium (ANA)
6. Dodgers Stadium (LA)
7. Yankees Stadium (NY)
8. Sky Dome (TOR)
9. Chase Field (AZ)
10. Marlins Park (MIA)

30. Tropicana Field (TB)

If you went to Dodger Stadium with me you'd have a better time. I know all the tricks to that place.

I like CHASE way better than Angels Stadium, we can agree to disagree.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
I am NOT a fan of Petco

First year of the place we sat down the LF line - about 30-40 feet from the LF wall. We could not see the last 40-ish feet of the 3B line and could not see the last 30-ish feet in LF before the wall. And the seats were NOT labeled "Obstructed View" at all. I learned my lesson. Now when I go to to a game I sit high up behind home plate. I can see everything inclduing a rather nice view of Downtown SD. Parking is a nightmare!

If you are willing to walk about a 1/3 mile to a 1/2 mile the parking isn't bad at all. There is so much outside PETCO for miles.

Love gaslamp, love Little Italy, love Del Mar and La Jolla.