Are u Smarter than a 5th Grader?

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Re: Are u Smarter than a 5th Grader?

well i thought she had already missed one...

I would have bet anything, that the answer to the adjective question was 2....

I know what an adjective is, and i ddint realize that two glasses, two would be an adj......wow

I got the grammar wrong ! said two adjecties ( hot and cold)

Unbelievable that somebody needs help to answer Canada is North of USA.

nhlfan

EOG Member

There was this comedy show that did a 5 minute parody of AYSTA5G. Instead of 5th Graders, it was called "Are you smarter than a cat?". They had cats in cages as helps in case the person didn't know. The question was:

What is warmer?

1) top of fridge
2) ? can't remember
3) ? can't remember

In the end, the person had to say, "I am not smarter than a cat!". Funny stuff.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

There was this comedy show that did a 5 minute parody of AYSTA5G. Instead of 5th Graders, it was called "Are you smarter than a cat?". They had cats in cages as helps in case the person didn't know. The question was:

What is warmer?

1) top of fridge
2) ? can't remember
3) ? can't remember

In the end, the person had to say, "I am not smarter than a cat!". Funny stuff.

:+textinb3

Be interseting to see how it does in the ratings without The American Idol lead in I like the show

I think it can survive, for maybe two seasons, then get stale.

I think I'd take the 5th grade questions first. Somebody should nail the million pretty quick.

HOW DID THE DUDE NOT KNOW THE MATH ANSWER TONIGHT?

OH...... MY.........

:houra VCU:houra

YE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4:party

well i thought she had already missed one...

I would have bet anything, that the answer to the adjective question was 2....

I know what an adjective is, and i ddint realize that two glasses, two would be an adj......wow

That's the only one I got wrong. I could see somebody missing the astronomy question, that grammar one, and perhaps the math, but even that was very basic.

some real easy shit, tonight :

North of USA= Canada
Largest land animal=elephant
Bird with biggest egg= Ostrich
How many "I" 's in illiterate= 2

How do you get on this show ? I think you must have to be dumb or something ? I know plenty of people that would get to the end, or at least to 500k.

That's the only one I got wrong. I could see somebody missing the astronomy question, that grammar one, and perhaps the math, but even that was very basic.

some real easy shit, tonight :

North of USA= Canada
Largest land animal=elephant
Bird with biggest egg= Ostrich
How many "I" 's in illiterate= 2

How do you get on this show ? I think you must have to be dumb or something ? I know plenty of people that would get to the end, or at least to 500k.

I want to see George W Bush as contestant !

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Actually Ontario is south of Detroit.

That wasnt the question...

The question was, what country do u enter when crossing the northern border of the United States.....

seems pretty simple, but things that some people dont know..

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

I dont think a national network would want to rig a game, and the answers using 5th graders, and expect them to keep it secret...

the reason these kids get these right, is becuase it is stuff they are studying right now or recently....

we dont remember this crap...

lol
Taht's exactly right!!!!!!!!

I might not have got the exact syntax of the querie correct, but it wasn't a trick question... basically what's north of USA was the querie, about the only person stupid enough to posibly answer it incorrectly... is my wife. NO, shit she asks me how to spell words as simple as I-T-E-M. I've asked her for her her HS diploma when she does that.

That valuable ass HS diploma is another subject, no employer ever asked for it, not even USPS, but you don't need to be a HS graduate to work there. I think you could fake a college degree easily enough ?

I think an average Peruvian goat farmer would hit that at 80%

What is everyone's take on the adjective question?

"After playing in the hot sun, I drank two glasses of cold water."

I think the answer is 4: the, hot, two, cold. "The" is an article (as are "a" and "an"), and articles are considered adjectives.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

What is everyone's take on the adjective question?

"After playing in the hot sun, I drank two glasses of cold water."

I think the answer is 4: the, hot, two, cold. "The" is an article (as are "a" and "an"), and articles are considered adjectives.

i only thought it was 2, and i would have been willing to guess it, with no help, cuz i was sure i was right....i only saw hot and cold as adjectives......i did not realize 2 was an adjective........

I'm man enough to admit that querie got me, as I recall an adjectvie is a descriptive word, so hot and cold are good, so two is also Bucs and and I thought processes neglected it, I can see the arguement for "two" as in two glases being an adjetive in this case, as I don't teach English, it's descriptive word. 27 glasses would we an adejctive, it describes the number 27, so two is equally descreptive as hot or cold.

The fuckin kid was right, all there is to it, the number of glasses dranked is descriptive, as is hot and cold, answer is three, IMO, I can't see four.

correct answer is 3 , I was wrong, I'm not smarter than a 5th grader, but I'm smarter than GWB !

I'd go head to head wth him anyday over 100 questions, and put my life on it, kind of the ultimate there

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

first time i saw the kid on stage blow it, and cost the player the game...but he didnt look too bright anyway...

But for redemption, that little girl just won the lady 100,000, and ALL THE OTHER KIDS, had missed the question, except for the little girl on stage.....so that lady should definitely give that kid a cut.....:+excited-

Pretty tough tonight.

I didn't know that first one about the atmosphere, guessed the same as the contestant, didn't know what a scalene triangle was, and had John instead of James for presidents, knew it was one or the other, even blew the one about how many moons does Mars have (2).

The show is too slow, needs a quicker pace to it.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Pretty tough tonight.

I didn't know that first one about the atmosphere, guessed the same as the contestant, didn't know what a scalene triangle was, and had John instead of James for presidents, knew it was one or the other, even blew the one about how many moons does Mars have (2).

The show is too slow, needs a quicker pace to it.

i didnt know the atmosphere, i did know the scalene, i had NO CLUE on the Mars question, and i also thought it was John for presidents....but i figured out why i screwed up, i was trying to think of them, and i counted John Mckinely, and John Garfield, and hell, those were James and William

No wonder i missed it.....

i didnt know the atmosphere, i did know the scalene, i had NO CLUE on the Mars question, and i also thought it was John for presidents....but i figured out why i screwed up, i was trying to think of them, and i counted John Mckinely, and John Garfield, and hell, those were James and William

No wonder i missed it.....

I liked the contestant trying to name them, and came up with George Harrison !

Mars question would sink most people, has two tiny moons, I said none, rather tough week.

They need a time limit to answer,and less talk by Jeff.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

they have mowed down 2 already tonight, in 40 minutes...questions seem harder to me, but maybe its just stuff i dont remember....

Next girl getting ready to come on, looked like she had a nice rack, we'll seee..

that guy wasn't too bright. Questions pretty typical, IMO

got me with 2nd largest state, knew either CA or TX, and the Saturn one, knew the rest.

nice rack

seems the women tend to be fairly good looking.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

that guy wasn't too bright. Questions pretty typical, IMO

got me with 2nd largest state, knew either CA or TX, and the Saturn one, knew the rest.

nice rack

seems the women tend to be fairly good looking.

that question about how many planets are smaller than earth, i had no clue....i knew pluto and mars were small and jupiter is large, but to know how many are smaller, i wouldnt have known...

i did know the crocodiles, i had NO CLUE on the vernal equinox

that question about how many planets are smaller than earth, i had no clue....i knew pluto and mars were small and jupiter is large, but to know how many are smaller, i wouldnt have known...

i did know the crocodiles, i had NO CLUE on the vernal equinox

I new that planet question, all the planets from jupiter ( the 5th)and beyond are huge, and Earth is the largest of the inner planets,Pluto was excluded.

I forgot that VE one, I knew it was the start of a season and opposite ours, but not sure which season. Knew the croc too

I'd have a good idea what to study if going on the show.

definetly get the grammar stuff down... homonym,homophone, adverbs, and stuff.

solar system,geography, what colors make other colors, geometric shapes,capitols, and measurements like teaspoons in an ounce.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

I new that planet question, all the planets from jupiter ( the 5th)and beyond are huge, and Earth is the largest of the inner planets,Pluto was excluded.

I forgot that VE one, I knew it was the start of a season and opposite ours, but not sure which season. Knew the croc too

I'd have a good idea what to study if going on the show.

definetly get the grammar stuff down... homonym,homophone, adverbs, and stuff.

solar system,geography, what colors make other colors, geometric shapes,capitols, and measurements like teaspoons in an ounce.

yeah, it seems that there are astronomy questions every show, and they almost always trip the person up....that would be my first study...i tend to know most of the grammar, not all, and most of the math.....the geography i am usually pretty good at, except when i forget hawaii and alaska..:rolleyes:

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

for fans of the show, its back on tonight, with new episodes..

Been off for a couple weeks, but its back..