Are we really doing the right thing regarding Covid?

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Just saw an interview on MSNBC with Senator Daines. He related that he is a part of a clinical trial. When he knew he had the real shot was when his arm was sore for a couple of days and then he had the chills for a few hours and then snapped out of it. Which were relayed to the trial people. He, of course, has felt fine since the shot.

Placebo group would obviously have no side effects.

So, wonder how this affected the results? Questions I would like to ask!

Did Senator Daines toss his mask at that point.

How much did the placebo group wear a mask.

Last edited:

cheapseats

EOG Master
Just saw an interview on MSNBC with Senator Daines. He related that is a part of a clinical trial. When he knew he had the real shot was when his arm was sore for a couple of days and then he had the chills for a few hours and then snapped out of it. Which were relayed t the trial people. He, of course, has felt fine since the shot.

Placebo group would obviously have no side effects.

So, wonder how this affected the results? Questions I would like to ask!

Did Senator Daines toss his mask at that point.

How much did the placebo group wear a mask.
I do not think it matters face cover wise. They know the mRNA is producing the correct message to the correct cell function and creates the response they want. The mRNA has already been proven outside of the body to block rona from attaching, so as long as the body creates that same response, good to go. This is similar technology to the biologic's such as Humira etc.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I agree for the people that actually got the shot like Senator Daines. I was thinking more along the lines on if the placebo group really wore masks consistently and socially distanced that the results would be not be an accurate comparison. Wouldn't we want to compare without those variables?

If the purpose is just to build up the antibody or not we would not even need a placebo group. So, Senator Daines realized he was not a guinea pig and others most likely did as well. Pretty clever to step forward and take a shot at it. In my mind, it would really suck to be in the clinical trial and not actually get the shot.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
I saw some masks made for women that are like body paint / a real pretty face from a distance.

perhaps, this is our chance to all look like movie stars? LOL

I always wear a black beanie and dark shades, toss in my N95 black mask, I look like a very nice guy when I am out and about which is about twice a month.