Are you wearing a mask?

cheapseats

EOG Master
LA mayor Garcetti signing required wearing of masks tonight. Businesses that remain open have to wear them.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr merlin

EOG Master
I guarantee you, it does not apply to the protected species....aka. ... the homeless.
The insanity of that is that mitigation is a factor of what you do, and how long you do it, instituting anything at this late date is almost pointless. that's the problem with liberals, they have no common sense, and are incapable of logically assessing cost/benefit calculations.

The closer we come to the end of the pandemic, the more strict and crazy they become. It's like spraying weed killer on your lawn a few days before the frost kills it.

mr merlin

EOG Master
You notice these politicians, who profess an almost desperate desire to do every possible thing to prevent an infection, have no desire to help people that get sick? Mandating the use of hydroxychloroquine for the positive's would be 100 times more effective to both prevent deaths as well as limit infections, than wearing a mask.

MrTop

EOG Master
You notice these politicians, who profess an almost desperate desire to do every possible thing to prevent an infection, have no desire to help people that get sick? Mandating the use of hydroxychloroquine for the positive's would be 100 times more effective to both prevent deaths as well as limit infections, than wearing a mask.

you would have to test everyone though before to hand out pills.. otherwise worthless. space works the best by staying home

mr merlin

EOG Master
you would have to test everyone though before to hand out pills.. otherwise worthless. space works the best by staying home
The drug when taken in much smaller doses will apparently prevent infections , a prophalactic effect. That's what they use it for mostly with malaria - it's taken all the time.

The point is their logic - they say "well, we dont know if masks really help, but they might, so wear them", but they dont say "we dont know if the drug will prevent a lot of infections, but it might".

kane

EOG master

It's still way too early to know how effective this Hydroxy stuff is, there needs to be many studies, we're a long ways off in knowing if this stuff is the answer. If I was hospitalized with the virus and the doctors told me I was in trouble, that the odds of surviving weren't good, I'd be more than willing to take the stuff. However, if those same doctors told me based on my medical history and profile, the odds of me beating it were good, I wouldn't go anywhere near the Hydroxy. Personally I would only take it as a last resort, and that's my thinking until we learn a lot more about it

mr merlin

EOG Master
It's still way too early to know how effective this Hydroxy stuff is, there needs to be many studies, we're a long ways off in knowing if this stuff is the answer. If I was hospitalized with the virus and the doctors told me I was in trouble, that the odds of surviving weren't good, I'd be more than willing to take the stuff. However, if those same doctors told me based on my medical history and profile, the odds of me beating it were good, I wouldn't go anywhere near the Hydroxy. Personally I would only take it as a last resort, and that's my thinking until we learn a lot more about it
The point is the politicians aren't really interested in stopping the virus, helping a few people - no one says it'll cure everyone, The politicians have a different motivation, and that is increasing control over the population. That is obvious, and it's dangerous.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The point is the politicians aren't really interested in stopping the virus, helping a few people - no one says it'll cure everyone, The politicians have a different motivation, and that is increasing control over the population. That is obvious, and it's dangerous.
Actually their motivation is how can they benefit from it.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
About masks in stores. I've been to a Walmart and a Food Lion in the last 2 days. I'd estimate about 66% of customers were wearing some type of mask. But not one cashier at either store wore one that I saw. Have you seen any cashiers in your store wearing a mask?

Sleepy

EOG Master
How long before people start killing these idiots?

Only a matter of time until they make it mandatory that masks have to be worn with each governor trying to outdo the next one.

Did you like Walz saying that some sectors would be able to go back to work at the end of the 2-week shutdown and the only thing he said in today's update was that landscapers can now mow the golf courses that no one can use.

I'd rather spend 90 days in jail than strap a g ay ass mask on my face. F uck that shit. You want to wear a mask then move to Iran.

Sleepy

EOG Master
Saw a few, seeing more plastic shields at cashier.

I go to the grocery store about once a week and it keeps getting worse every time I go.

one way aisles
can't put your shit on the check out belt until the person in front of you is done
one person to a cart
shorter hours
lots of empty shelves (haven't been able to buy white rice in a month)
no more bulk candy
no more salad bar
no more sale items

mr merlin

EOG Master
Only a matter of time until they make it mandatory that masks have to be worn with each governor trying to outdo the next one.

Did you like Walz saying that some sectors would be able to go back to work at the end of the 2-week shutdown and the only thing he said in today's update was that landscapers can now mow the golf courses that no one can use.

I'd rather spend 90 days in jail than strap a g ay ass mask on my face. F uck that shit. You want to wear a mask then move to Iran.
Yup, real white of him to let them mow a golf course, Walz is completely clueless. So we're supposed to believe that every other state and country is going to have a peak and a fall, but MN is going to be flat until july? All bullshit.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
About masks in stores. I've been to a Walmart and a Food Lion in the last 2 days. I'd estimate about 66% of customers were wearing some type of mask. But not one cashier at either store wore one that I saw. Have you seen any cashiers in your store wearing a mask?

Much different here, more cashiers than not have masks on. Some stores (Publix) also has big glass shields between customers and cashiers.

Your 66% estimate for customers wearing masks is about right in this area as well.

Valuist

EOG Master
I go to the grocery store about once a week and it keeps getting worse every time I go.

one way aisles
can't put your shit on the check out belt until the person in front of you is done
one person to a cart
shorter hours
no more bulk candy
no more salad bar
no more sale items

I was at the store the other day and I'd say it was about 50/50 in terms of wearing a mask or not.

God forbid, don't get within 15 feet of a "masker". Yet they think nothing of going 3 feet within you.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

one way aisles
one person to a cart
shorter hours
no more bulk candy
no more salad bar
no more sale items
What good is it to have a sale if the store cannot get the product? We set those promotions 2-3 months ahead.

mr merlin

EOG Master
What good is it to have a sale if the store cannot get the product? We set those promotions 2-3 months ahead.
Pretty much everything is in stock here, even toilet paper , there isn't the full selection but something will prob be available. I've kept track, in the 3-4 weeks this has been going on I've used almost 2 rolls.

kane

EOG master
In South Florida you now have to wear a mask to enter any type of business, Publix, CVS, Walmart, doesn't matter, if you're not covering your face with something they won't let you in

Valuist

EOG Master
What's with the dichotemy?

Don't wear a mask to the grocery and people will be like "are you trying to kill us all?
Wear a mask into a restaurant to pick up takeout and people look at you like "are you some sort of hypochondriac social outcast"?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Don't wear a mask to the grocery and people will be like "are you trying to kill us all?
Wear a mask into a restaurant to pick up takeout and people look at you like "are you some sort of hypochondriac social outcast"?
The restaurant/bar setting is made to be more social. The grocery store has all walks of life in there.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Yea, very interesting. I jog on a trail where if peeps see you coming, they up the mask from their neck. Me, I just respond in kind by pulling my shirt over my nose & mouth as I get near. Polite response is all it is.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
i have a box of 20 N95 masks, but i dont wear them

Thats because you're an un-American MAGA idiot.

In Illinois you cant go into grocery stores without wearing a mask.

Trump is seeking help from Russia, Ukraine, China and Turkey to help him get reelected. The un-American way.