Arizona Basketball

Isn't the pac 12 trash? A one bid league this year.

I agree that it's garbage this year. I'd be shocked if they only got one team in. You have to take into account the committee started screwing the mid majors a few years ago and very rarely give them almost any at large bids.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
It will be the conference champ and no one else.

Nah. I think you are gonna be proven wrong with this one. I predict 2 teams with possibly 3. ASU and UW will be in unless they collapse the rest of the way. A third team could get in by winning the conference tournament.

kane

EOG master
If ASU is on the bubble, the win against Kansas would loom large, that could be the game that puts them over the top, still a long way to go, lot of games remaining

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
If ASU is on the bubble, the win against Kansas would loom large, that could be the game that puts them over the top, still a long way to go, lot of games remaining

They also have a win against ranked Mississippi St. Their non-conference resume is better than any other Pac12 team.

Heim

EOG Master
Miller hasn't done a bad job. The team is a bunch of transfers. His pg is from Samford. #2 from UNC-Ashevile, a undersized forward transfer from Pitt etc. Not a typical UA team. The only problem I see is he has some talented freshman losing minutes to transfers on a team destined for NIT.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Miller hasn't done a bad job.

Huh? His team is shit. Is he not responsible for the roster?

He's got by before with great recruiting, and subpar coaching. Now he's mixed shitty recruiting with subpar coaching.

He's took a perennial top 10-15 program and ran it into the ground. They are done.

The nail in the coffin will be when the NCAA police come knockin'.

Jb777

EOG Dedicated
Huh? His team is shit. Is he not responsible for the roster?

He's got by before with great recruiting, and subpar coaching. Now he's mixed shitty recruiting with subpar coaching.

He's took a perennial top 10-15 program and ran it into the ground. They are done.

The nail in the coffin will be when the NCAA police come knockin'.

This guy sounds angry.

Miller hasn't done a bad job. The team is a bunch of transfers. His pg is from Samford. #2 from UNC-Ashevile, a undersized forward transfer from Pitt etc. Not a typical UA team. The only problem I see is he has some talented freshman losing minutes to transfers on a team destined for NIT.

Miller is an awful X/O’s coach.

Heim

EOG Master
Miller is an awful X/O’s coach.

What do you base that on? His assistant Phelps who was at NCST with Miller co-coaches. I know their
stuff is decent because their out of bounds stuff is good. The continuing issue is he recruits a bunch of guys
that are looking at the NBA and could care less what they do in college. Unfortunately for Miller this team is a
bunch of transfers that Miller needed to field a team. A few 5-stars decommitted, including Shaq's kid, after the
FBI sting. How bad can you be if you beat Iowa St and UConn on the road?

Last edited:
What do you base that on? His assistant Phelps who was at NCST with Miller co-coaches. I know their
stuff is decent because their out of bounds stuff is good. The continuing issue is he recruits a bunch of guys
that are looking at the NBA and could care less what they do in college. Unfortunately for Miller this team is a
bunch of transfers that Miller needed to field a team. A few 5-stars decommitted, including Shaq's kid, after the
FBI sting. How bad can you be if you beat Iowa St and UConn on the road?

I think you make an excellent point about some of his players being more concerned with NBA status. For years Miller burns through his timeouts early and often has none left final 2-3 minutes of tight games. AZ used to be point guard U. Since Millers arrival nothing there has been almost no offense run through the PG’s. There has been no flow to his offense-with almost no system in place. I disagree with the out of bounds plays. Watch the plays Miller runs coming out of TO’s-they’re usually horrible.

Heim

EOG Master
Jeter looks like he's out for ASU too. Which again leaves them with one guy 6'8" or bigger. Help is
on the way Miller gets a 5-Star big guy next year along with 5-Star pg. Only defect Jeter.

A lot of players should be transferring this offseason.

His lineup next year is
1/2 Nico Mannion
1/2 Brandon Williams
2/3 Josh Green
Ira Lee at 4?

Also, Terry Armstrong can go. Not much of a shooter (from the last time I watched him play), but is gifted athletically.

I looked on Verbal Commits and didnt see a lot at the Center/PF postion.

His lineup next year is
1/2 Nico Mannion
1/2 Brandon Williams
2/3 Josh Green
Ira Lee at 4?

Also, Terry Armstrong can go. Not much of a shooter (from the last time I watched him play), but is gifted athletically.

I've seen Mannion play in person here a few times. I think he's overrated by quite a bit. I think you're correct about the transfers-I watched Barcello (played with Marvin Bagley) play in HS quite a bit and predicted he'd transfer out after a couple years so we shall see what happens.

I've seen Mannion play in person here a few times. I think he's overrated by quite a bit. I think you're correct about the transfers-I watched Barcello (played with Marvin Bagley) play in HS quite a bit and predicted he'd transfer out after a couple years so we shall see what happens.

Yeah Mannion overrated imo as well. I think the hype from dunking on someone in 8th grade has propelled him. These mock drafts that have him going in the top 10 in the 2020 draft are insane.

But i will say it was impressive how he was dominated by Shadow Mountain (Jovan Blackshear - GCU commit) last year and then he came back this year and put 30+ on them and hit the game winning shot.

We should go to a game sometime. I went to Scottsdale Christian vs Rancho Solano like a week ago. Around 3-4 d1 players in that game. It was interesting

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
We should go to a game sometime. I went to Scottsdale Christian vs Rancho Solano like a week ago. Around 3-4 d1 players in that game. It was interesting

Nico Mannion actually went to Rancho Solano in middle school. Imagine that team if he stayed there.

It's weird seeing Rancho ranked atop 2A with a 10-15 overall record. They are trying to play a national schedule (which is good for the program) but they aren't quite talented enough yet to do so. They rolled through the 2A playoffs last season without hardly a sweat. Kimani Holt for Rancho is a good little player. Not sure if he has any D1 offers yet or if he will.

He's only a freshman, but Corliss Williamson's son is on that team too. And his little brother is in 7th grade. They are building quite the pipeline there for a small school.

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
Its not a down yr, this is the reality of hispanics and asians changing the west coast demographics , basketball is toast, get aussies like smc or bounce backs like the zags

Yeah Mannion overrated imo as well. I think the hype from dunking on someone in 8th grade has propelled him. These mock drafts that have him going in the top 10 in the 2020 draft are insane.

But i will say it was impressive how he was dominated by Shadow Mountain (Jovan Blackshear - GCU commit) last year and then he came back this year and put 30+ on them and hit the game winning shot.

Right on-didn't realize you live in the valley

Heim

EOG Master

His lineup next year is
1/2 Nico Mannion
1/2 Brandon Williams
2/3 Josh Green
Ira Lee at 4?

They got a commit from the 6'11" kid from MN Nnaji. Top 50 recruit.

Jeter looks like he's out for ASU too. Which again leaves them with one guy 6'8" or bigger. Help is
on the way Miller gets a 5-Star big guy next year along with 5-Star pg. Only defect Jeter.

Just wanted to give you an update if you're planning on playing the game tomorrow-Jeter has practiced the last two days and is expected to play

Jb777

EOG Dedicated
Looks like ASU hasn't beaten the Cats since 2015. With Jeter OUT tonight there is no time like the present to end this streak.

Sorry he's actually doubtful not OUT.

One of AZ’s reporters is now saying that a major rotation player is unlikely to play tonight but thinks Jeter will. He wouldn’t say who the player is. Speculation it’s either Brandon Williams or Ira Lee