"As a QB I wouldn't draft Tebow in the first four rounds"

tripp

EOG Master
Re: "As a QB I wouldn't draft Tebow in the first four rounds"

This should be common knowledge. Probably at least 4 QB's in the SEC alone I would take over Tebow.

Legendary college player, but is a backup QB at best in the NFL.

If JaMarcus Russell can start for a team though I guess anyone can.

This should be common knowledge. Probably at least 4 QB's in the SEC alone I would take over Tebow.

Legendary college player, but is a backup QB at best in the NFL.

If JaMarcus Russell can start for a team though I guess anyone can.

i agree with 100% of what you just said!!!:thumbsup

I don't think Tebow plays a down at QB in the League, but might find a roster spot at another position.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Jags will take him earlier by the sounds of it...need to fill those seats.

dreamjob

EOG Dedicated

Tim Tebow > Jason Campbell :cheers

High Times

EOG Master

Tim Tebow > Jason Campbell :cheers
This is why he will be a 1st round draft pick!

This and

Garrard
Russell
Young
Hill
Romo
Jackson

Tebow is already better than all of them. He is smart and that is what the difference is between a good QB in the NFL and a great QB.

Tebow reminds me of McNair. Tough and could make all the easy pass plays just that, easy! This guy will be better as he is as smart as they come.

He just might become the best NFL QB in a few short years.

Remember where you heard this first!

:pop:

High Times

EOG Master

I know 1 thing

Tebow would never throw away a possible touchdown pass on 3rd down at the end of the game just because he got scared (see: Rivers, sunday 4th q seconds left) and he would never throw the ball away like a girl (for an interception) because he got scared (see: Rivers 3rd q 7 or 8 minutes left)

The more I see Rivers the more I realize this guy is the luckiest QB in the NFL. The Charger offense is a monster and it has NOTHING to do with Rivers. He never get pressure and when he does he throws the ball away like a girl (I know you all see it) He has 1 of the best offensive lines and great RB's and WR's and of course his BABY BLANKET TE Gates.

I really believe that any NFL QB would like great just like Rivers does because they all have great throwing arms. Every one of them.

Rivers does not even get into my top 20 QB's in the NFL and is lucky to be on the Chargers. Big time.

tripp

EOG Master

give me Romo over tebow ANY DAY

those two not even close. tebow is career backup, romo is maybe a top 10 nfl QB right now. the guy gets way too much shit.

gavin

EOG Addicted

dont think i agree with this...someone will pull the trigger in the second round

tripp

EOG Master

dont think i agree with this...someone will pull the trigger in the second round
oh i definitely think he goes first two rounds, probably even first round to some team. jags i think would draft him 1st round if he's there.

all im saying is he SHOULDN'T be drafted pretty much at all as a QB. same thing i said about jamarcus russell. the guy went 1st overall but wasn't even a top 10 QB from that draft class.

Integrity

EOG Master

I know 1 thing

Tebow would never throw away a possible touchdown pass on 3rd down at the end of the game just because he got scared (see: Rivers, sunday 4th q seconds left) and he would never throw the ball away like a girl (for an interception) because he got scared (see: Rivers 3rd q 7 or 8 minutes left)

The more I see Rivers the more I realize this guy is the luckiest QB in the NFL. The Charger offense is a monster and it has NOTHING to do with Rivers. He never get pressure and when he does he throws the ball away like a girl (I know you all see it) He has 1 of the best offensive lines and great RB's and WR's and of course his BABY BLANKET TE Gates.

I really believe that any NFL QB would like great just like Rivers does because they all have great throwing arms. Every one of them.

Rivers does not even get into my top 20 QB's in the NFL and is lucky to be on the Chargers. Big time.

I agree with you on Tebow, but disagree with you on Rivers...

I think Rivers will be considered the top QB in the league by many in the near future..

I also like Tebow to be a 1st rd pick (Jax) and have an illustrious career. Especially with the fascination with the wildcat. They can design a spread type of offense around him.

Tebow, Vick, Pat White and those like them are keys to innovation in the NFL. Vick has had mixed success, but let's remember, he has HAD success. Tebow could be the "white-vick"

I know 1 thing

I don't usually like to call guys out, but saying the Chargers have one of the best OL's in the NFL is one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen posted here. Have you even watched the Chargers play this year? The RAIDERS blew up the chargers line, and that was with Hardwick and Vasquez playing.

Rivers is easily one of the top 10 QB's in the NFL. He plays behind one of the WORST OL's in the NFL, with by far the WORSE RT in the NFL. Gates has gone down hill steadily the past 2 years, LT is done. Sproles is a scat back. Other than VJ and Nanee, the chargers receivers are clubhanded. Chambers dropped two passes right in the numbers last week, that ass monkee from LSU who was a 1st round selection isn't even good enough to be active.

konck

EOG Veteran

All the experts say Tebow will be NFL bust at qb.....
I'll take him he is a winner a lot of QB dont have that quality

:LMAO:LMAO Exposed him? If he doesnt fumble that ball they cover the 30 points easy.

I agree with this...changed the course of that game. 10 yards away from going up 23...you know Urban would have went for the cover at that point.

mofome

Banned

someone elses quote, weirdo.

you must be bi polar.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NFL&id=5096&line=174204&spln=1

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=headline vAlign=top colSpan=3>Fantasy Football Breaking News

Tim Tebow: Tebow showing improved arm strength

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD bgColor=#000044 colSpan=3>Tim Tebow - QB - DEN - Jun. 4 - 4:25 pm et </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Tim Tebow has shown improved arm strength :cheers and velocity after changing his delivery this offseason.
"No issues, none at all in terms of his arm strength, velocity, anything like that," coach Josh McDaniels said. Beat writer Frank Schwab agrees with that assessment, but he noted that Tebow's accuracy remained an issue in Friday's practice. That should improve once he gets comfortable with his reads. Jun. 4 - 4:25 pm et
Source: Colorado Springs Gazette
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NFL&id=5096&line=174204&spln=1

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=headline vAlign=top colSpan=3>Fantasy Football Breaking News

Tim Tebow: Tebow showing improved arm strength

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD bgColor=#000044 colSpan=3>Tim Tebow - QB - DEN - Jun. 4 - 4:25 pm et </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Tim Tebow has shown improved arm strength :cheers and velocity after changing his delivery this offseason.
"No issues, none at all in terms of his arm strength, velocity, anything like that," coach Josh McDaniels said. Beat writer Frank Schwab agrees with that assessment, but he noted that Tebow's accuracy remained an issue in Friday's practice. That should improve once he gets comfortable with his reads. Jun. 4 - 4:25 pm et
Source: Colorado Springs Gazette

JMac doesnt have any choice but to say shit like this. Doesnt mean its true.

Mark it down: Tebow best rookie QB ... in preseason Week 1 - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=fttxt1 height=30 width=675 align=left> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE width=675><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">Mark it down: Tebow best rookie QB ... in preseason Week 1

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://sports.cbsimg.net/js/yui/latest/dragdrop/dragdrop-min.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://sports.cbsimg.net/js/yui/latest/container/container-min.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://sports.cbsimg.net/js/yui/latest/connection/connection-min.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://sports.cbsimg.net/js/yui/latest/json/json-min.js"></SCRIPT><LINK rel=stylesheet type=text/css href="http://sports.cbsimg.net/css/email/send-modal.css"><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://sports.cbsimg.net/js/CBSi/app/Email/SendPanel-min-v0001.js"></SCRIPT>​
By Len Pasquarelli
The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com
Aug. 17, 2010 <!-- T13776903 --><!-- Sesame Modified: 08/17/2010 19:41:58 --><!-- sversion: 5 $Updated: georgem$ -->For all those Tim Tebow bashers out there, and there are a lot of you for reasons still inexplicable, this news flash: The former University of Florida star and college football Golden Boy, despite his well-documented mechanical deficiencies, still was the best rookie quarterback on the field leaguewide during the inaugural weekend of preseason play.
At least from a numbers and composure standpoint.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=265 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD width=265> </TD><TD width=15> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=265>Tebow impressed teammates with his composure and command in the huddle. (AP) </TD><TD width=15> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The Broncos' first-round draft pick, and latter day Friar Tuck lookalike (we'll assume that, unless you live in a cave, you caught a glimpse of the hazing-induced coif that has since been clipped), completed 8 of 13 passes for 105 yards, no touchdowns, no interceptions, and a passer rating of 87.0 against Cincinnati. He also rushed twice for 10 yards, including a 7-yard touchdown run.
Hardly gaudy numbers, to be sure, but still better than most of the dozen other rookie passers who played their first game in the first week of the exhibition schedule. Another rookie, Dallas free agent Matt Nichols, actually made his NFL bow a week earlier, in the Hall of Fame game.
Consider this: Tebow's eight completions might not sound like much, but they tied for the most by a rookie quarterback in Week 1. And he would have had a ninth, for roughly 40 yards, had second-year wide receiver Matthew Willis held on to a well-lobbed deep ball. Among the rookies with at least 10 attempts, Tebow's 87.0 rating was the best, nearly 30 points better than the combined passer rating (57.7) compiled by all the NFL's rookies, who threw only two aggregate touchdown passes versus the group's five interceptions.
Among all rookie quarterbacks, only John Skelton (Arizona) and Joe Webb (Minnesota), managed better quarterback ratings, at 158.3 and 122.9, respectively. But the pair, while playing well (Skelton had a "perfect" passer rating), combined for only 12 attempts and 25 snaps.
While he conceded to being rattled at times, Tebow demonstrated the kind of calm that made veterans pay attention. Noted rookie offensive lineman Zane Beadles: "He was in control of the huddle."
Notable was that Tebow, who unofficially played four series and 18 snaps, didn't take a single play from the "Wild Horse" formation, the Broncos' variation of the Wildcat, and a set most feel Denver coaches will utilize during the season. Instead, last weekend, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner may have demonstrated that he might be helpful in '10 as more than just a gimmick guy, even if that still figures to be part of his repertoire.
"Some of the stuff he does (in practice) ... it can't be simulated," head coach Josh McDaniels said. Another member of the Denver staff said Monday night that spread-type formations, which have become increasingly popular in the league, will be part of what Tebow offers the offense, and insisted there has been no decision yet on whether the former Gators star will be active on game day.
There remains "some possibility" the Denver assistant coach said, that Tebow will be listed as the No. 2 quarterback for games. That would mean another former first-rounder, Brady Quinn, who was acquired from Cleveland in the offseason and who struggled last week, could be the No. 3, or inactive "emergency" quarterback for games.
Len Pasquarelli is a Senior NFL Writer for The Sports Xchange.

I must say I was impressed. Even if it was against a bunch of guys that wont be playing in the league.

Jesus, FK...(I'm using that in the swear sense, rather than the Tebow sense: God and I got an agreement)...you really like to rub it in when one of your favorites do well...

...of course, these assholes keep barking like they think they're going to win an internet argument or something.