Astros get spanked and punched

boston massacre

EOG Master
he didn't send a strict enough message, a postseason ban for a few years would have sent a message, the Astros got a slap on the wrist, any team in baseball would gladly accept the punishment they got in return for winning a WS

Manager and G.M. Banned for a Year. Loss of 2 1st Rounders. Loss of 2 2nd Rounders.

A Slap on the Wrist ? Don't think so.

Postseason Ban ? What if they do not qualify for the Postseason ? This isn't March Madness. Where you Pick the Teams.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Manager and G.M. Banned for a Year. Loss of 2 1st Rounders. Loss of 2 2nd Rounders.

Postseason Ban ? What if they do not qualify for the Postseason ? This isn't March Madness. Where you Pick the Teams.
post season ban, if any length of time, could limit free agents from coming to their team because who wants to go something with no chance to win a title.

oh shit....that's 80% of baseball.

bad argument by me.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
this has to be with a buyout of some type. if not and I was cora i would have forced boston to fire me as i'm sure there is a certain percent he gets.

if you think he learned this "spy" technique in houston and didn't bring this technique to boston you're a fucking moron.

also houston astros under 97 wins this coming season is the nuts right. I mean they aren't going to be 39 games above .500 at home this season plus LAA and Oak are going to be better.

Not so sure about that. He knows he is going to get at least a one year suspension and maybe more. When he is Susp he won't get paid so doubt there was much of a buyout if at all.

kane

EOG master

I'm a Reds fan, if you tell me my team will win the WS this year, but their GM and manager will get a one year ban and they'll also lose 4 draft picks, I'll take that trade every time.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I'm a Reds fan, if you tell me my team will win the WS this year, but their GM and manager will get a one year ban and they'll also lose 4 draft picks, I'll take that trade every time.

You'd Disregard any Evidence of Cheating to Acquire that Championship after a Lengthy Investigation, and No One Disputing the Results of the Investigation, is what you're saying as a Fan.

I Disagree as a Fan.

As a Gambler, I wouldn't care how they won the Championship, my only concern would be Cashing the Winning Ticket.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
add in the fact that the MAX fine is only $5M this is a no brainer.

So you have to get rid of the GM and manager the year after winning a world series you simply have a cut and paste approach to cheating. bring in the new manager and show him how to the team is going to cheat.

so you are simply trading a $5M fine for your franchise to increase in value several tens of millions of dollars (possibly $100M per season you make the playoffs) by competing in the playoffs/world series sounds like a no brainer. these are risk taking billionaires. they understand value.

MrTop

EOG Master
they don't want cheating in the game. The only thing worse for the leagues is fixing them. Any owner could be thrown out of the league. The game is more important the other owners can vote you out.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
that tweet takes the cheating way beyond banging on a garbage can.

does mlb start to suspend players for this cheating?

if a picture is caught with a foreign substance on them while pitching there is a suspension.

having a device attached to a batter would be the same thing wouldn't it?

that tweet takes the cheating way beyond banging on a garbage can.

does mlb start to suspend players for this cheating?

if a picture is caught with a foreign substance on them while pitching there is a suspension.

having a device attached to a batter would be the same thing wouldn't it?

Where does it ever end? What if a fan in the stands seems to call it out, but the player doesn't know him? Is that taking advantage of it? What about how the players just seemed to figure out to cover their mouths when talking in the last decade or two, something you see football coaches do all the time now but it wasn't that common not too long ago. Did the guys who took advantage of reading lips cheat in the past?

I think the controversy is overworked. Yeah they used technology no one else had to get an edge, but some of the blame has to be on the other players. They should 100% of the time use deception in their signals and none of this ever would have been a problem. Just assume you are being watched and it can be deciphered at any time and nothing happens.

kane

EOG master
This is another example of why a guy should never tell a women his secrets.

this was posted on twitter by beltran's niece. his phucking niece.

Beltran's niece

Wow, the other night I saw the replay of Altuve's HR, and as he was nearing home plate he clutched his jersey so as not to have it ripped off during the celebration, if what his niece is saying is true, Altuve and Bregman need to get at least a one year suspension if not two years, and those suspensions should be unpaid. I would also seriously consider voiding their WS win

kane

EOG master
On another forum someone posted a picture of one of the Astros players after winning the WS in an undershirt, I think it's Redick, and you can clearly see a piece of tape on his shoulder with a wire sticking out. This goes above and beyond simple sign stealing, Manfred is a fucking coward so I doubt anything further will happen, but I would come down hard on these cheaters. Where's Kennesaw "Mountain" Landis when you need him

TEXED

EOG Veteran
I'm not clear if these things took place only on Home games and for how many seasons, but here are some Won-Loss records for last 3 seasons for Home and Away.
2017 2018 2019

Houston +15/+25 +11/+33 +39/+13
Boston +15/+9 +33/+21 -5/+11
NY Yanks +21/-1 +25/+13 +33/+11
LA Dodgers +33/+13 +8/+13 +37/+13

TEXED

EOG Veteran
That post didn't look anything like the way I typed it with spacing. Turned out to be a jumbled mess.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
here is video of altuve, after the astros win the ALCS and staying on the field to celebrate, runs into the locker room to change his jersey before returning to the field in a t shirt.

who in their right mind is self awared enough to change out of their game jersey and get into a championship t shirt.

Altuve changing out of game jersey

Heim

EOG Master
Yup...Altuve was just waiting for a change up on a 2-1 pitch from the hardest thrower in the bigs. Fuck these guys
they should have stripped their title.

Screw Andrews

EOG Dedicated

Might just be a very good year to be a Reds fan:cool:

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
latest is that the carlos beltran "niece" is actually a real players spilling the beans. claimed that the yankees were also doing this "transferring info" with 2 secret camera people at the stadium.

funny that the account on twitter disappeared this afternoon.

TEXED

EOG Veteran
With electronic devices instead of tom toms, they could be getting the signals from anyone, anywhere who is looking at a TV broadcast. Could be in the clubhouse or even someone at home.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
I find it hilarious that it comes as a surprise that teams try to cheat to gain an advantage. I have news for you, they are all cheating one way or another to gain an advantage. Everything from, peds, to stealing signs, to vaseline on balls, to corked bats, to artificial crowd noise, to deflating balls, to wetting the grounds, scuffing the balls with sandpaper, stepping on a guys foot intentionally when going for a rebound, etc. Could go on for hours. Bottomline is if you aren't cheating you aren't trying on the highest levels of all sports. If I was an Astros fan this wouldn't diminish the world series at all in my eyes.

lap18

EOG Dedicated
If that midget Altus doesn't get suspended I am real curious to what his numbers are going to look like going forward. I could never understand how that lil fucker was pounding balls out of the stadium.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
If that midget Altus doesn't get suspended I am real curious to what his numbers are going to look like going forward. I could never understand how that lil fucker was pounding balls out of the stadium.
100% agree. This was like back went brett boone in seattle when he had 37 homers at age 32 after having declining homer totals the previous 3 seasons.

Altuve is 5-6 165 and hit 31 homers in 124 games. 18 homers in only 59 home games.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Sandpaper scuffing, really, umps toss every friggin ball even hit once, fair or foul. And, if you can sit in the dugout and discern signs by no means other than your eyes and logic, then is that cheating or stupidity.

kane

EOG master
I don't know if any of this is true, but on twitter supposedly the niece isn't really a niece but a player, which wouldn't be surprising. Also, Scott Brosius son is claiming that MLB knew about the Astros cheating in 2017 but didn't want to do anything if/when it became public, and he also says Mike Trout is using HGH, apparently he found a loophole in the rules and is allowed to take it for some thyroid condition, that's all

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
I find it hilarious that it comes as a surprise that teams try to cheat to gain an advantage. I have news for you, they are all cheating one way or another to gain an advantage. Everything from, peds, to stealing signs, to vaseline on balls, to corked bats, to artificial crowd noise, to deflating balls, to wetting the grounds, scuffing the balls with sandpaper, stepping on a guys foot intentionally when going for a rebound, etc. Could go on for hours. Bottomline is if you aren't cheating you aren't trying on the highest levels of all sports. If I was an Astros fan this wouldn't diminish the world series at all in my eyes.
Its a surprise because this is nothing like stealing signs on the field, using pine tar, sandpaper , etc. That shit is accepted and part of game. This is whole another level. not next level, but like 10 levels up. Surely you can see that.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Its a surprise because this is nothing like stealing signs on the field, using pine tar, sandpaper , etc. That shit is accepted and part of game. This is whole another level. not next level, but like 10 levels up. Surely you can see that.
Of course it's more extreme but it's all still cheating and none of the above is accepted theoretically. It's like the boy at school that pushed a fellow student then gets punched in the mouth by said student and then cries foul play. Everyone cheats. Houston took it to another level. I say kudos to them.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
There was a thread here that commented at the time that Darvish was tipping pitches. That was the rumor.

I remember saying that's HS stuff, surely someone would have wised up and stopped that from happening.

Never believe that bit about tipping his pitches although I never had an inkling all this was going on.

Remember watching the games and was so impressed by those Astro hitters......

It all makes sense now.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Of course it's more extreme but it's all still cheating and none of the above is accepted theoretically. It's like the boy at school that pushed a fellow student then gets punched in the mouth by said student and then cries foul play. Everyone cheats. Houston took it to another level. I say kudos to them.

That surprises me a little bit......

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I don't know if any of this is true, but on twitter supposedly the niece isn't really a niece but a player, which wouldn't be surprising. Also, Scott Brosius son is claiming that MLB knew about the Astros cheating in 2017 but didn't want to do anything if/when it became public, and he also says Mike Trout is using HGH, apparently he found a loophole in the rules and is allowed to take it for some thyroid condition, that's all
If that's not loyalty towards your former club, I don't know what is.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Nah, more like boy pushes kid. Kid takes out uzi and empties his entrails.