Astros get spanked and punched

MrTop

EOG Master
I find it hilarious that it comes as a surprise that teams try to cheat to gain an advantage. I have news for you, they are all cheating one way or another to gain an advantage. Everything from, peds, to stealing signs, to vaseline on balls, to corked bats, to artificial crowd noise, to deflating balls, to wetting the grounds, scuffing the balls with sandpaper, stepping on a guys foot intentionally when going for a rebound, etc. Could go on for hours. Bottomline is if you aren't cheating you aren't trying on the highest levels of all sports. If I was an Astros fan this wouldn't diminish the world series at all in my eyes.

I agree every team has players who cheat when looking at everything. This is more of a team level cheating having monitors installed. Management knew. They had to go. They have to protect the game otherwise this is wrestling.

railbird

EOG Master
I agree every team has players who cheat when looking at everything. This is more of a team level cheating having monitors installed. Management knew. They had to go. They have to protect the game otherwise this is wrestling.
the game is a borefest watched by morons. has been for 20 yrs now

railbird

EOG Master
suspend trout, then all the sniveling scum fans can eat shit like the filth they are,, mlb fans are pieces of shit

MrTop

EOG Master
some good hitters down want to know what the pitcher could be throwing ... confuses them they always say.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I saw the Ken Rosenthal and Jose Altuve post game interview and it leads me to believe that Ken knew something was going on with the Astros because his question about not allowing Jose's teammates take off his jersey is a very odd question in that moment.

why would you lead with that type of question given the situation.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
I 100% agree that they should be punished. I think all forms of cheating should be punished but the bottomline is everyone is cheating one way or another if they think they can get away with it. I just don't think it taints the world series title at all like some have mentioned here.

There was a thread here that commented at the time that Darvish was tipping pitches. That was the rumor.

I remember saying that's HS stuff, surely someone would have wised up and stopped that from happening.

Never believe that bit about tipping his pitches although I never had an inkling all this was going on.

Remember watching the games and was so impressed by those Astro hitters......

It all makes sense now.

The game everyone remembers was game 7 at Dodger Stadium. Did they ever find evidence that the Astros were doing things on the road too?

I'm not sure I buy the World Series games being as easily tainted. The stadium was quite loud, did anyone prove the sounds were coming then? I saw the videos showing regular season games with clear sounds, but when there aren't that many fans and its a lot quieter you could get away with it. The stadium seemed way too buzzing in the postseason to be able to clearly document it, but who knows maybe that's piped in sound on the TV we hear that isn't so loud on the field.

MrTop

EOG Master
I 100% agree that they should be punished. I think all forms of cheating should be punished but the bottomline is everyone is cheating one way or another if they think they can get away with it. I just don't think it taints the world series title at all like some have mentioned here.

i agree 100 % .there are some levals of cheating as far as the commish is concerned. This was like the steroids where there is more than 1 player on the team... There could be 10 cheaters on a team.. but most don't get caught... doesn't taint the series at all . They will have tougher rules for them going foward though.

kane

EOG master
I saw the Ken Rosenthal and Jose Altuve post game interview and it leads me to believe that Ken knew something was going on with the Astros because his question about not allowing Jose's teammates take off his jersey is a very odd question in that moment.

Great point about Rosenthal, Altuve just hit one of the biggest HR's in MLB history, and the first thing Rosenthal thought to ask was why he grabbed his jersey and told his teammates not to rip it off

kane

EOG master
The game everyone remembers was game 7 at Dodger Stadium. Did they ever find evidence that the Astros were doing things on the road too?

I'm not sure I buy the World Series games being as easily tainted. The stadium was quite loud, did anyone prove the sounds were coming then? I saw the videos showing regular season games with clear sounds, but when there aren't that many fans and its a lot quieter you could get away with it. The stadium seemed way too buzzing in the postseason to be able to clearly document it, but who knows maybe that's piped in sound on the TV we hear that isn't so loud on the field.

Your point about the crowd being loud is probably why they started wearing buzzers

kane

EOG master
The fact that none of the Astros Players have denied stealing signs or wearing buzzers tells you all you need to know. If any of them knew they didn't wear any type of buzzing device, of course they would be denying it, I mean imagine being Altuve, Bregman, Redick, or any of the others being accused of this, but it was something you didn't do, you would come out in the media and deny it, you wouldn't allow a terrible rumor like that to be believed, you would come out on ESPN and social media denying the allegations, these guys character and integrity are being questioned, but not a peep from any of them, the silence from the players is very telling

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
The fact that none of the Astros Players have denied stealing signs or wearing buzzers tells you all you need to know. If any of them knew they didn't wear any type of buzzing device, of course they would be denying it, I mean imagine being Altuve, Bregman, Redick, or any of the others being accused of this, but it was something you didn't do, you would come out in the media and deny it, you wouldn't allow a terrible rumor like that to be believed, you would come out on ESPN and social media denying the allegations, these guys character and integrity are being questioned, but not a peep from any of them, the silence from the players is very telling
I think this is more of an organization putting a gag order on everybody for a simple reason. suppose a player gets asked if they wore some type of transmitting device. they say honestly "no". the next question is "did anyone on the team wear a transmitting device" , um "no comment, not to my knowledge". liar.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I'm sure they are guilty but the gag order makes sense.....

Legal isn't going to allow anyone to speak on this with some serious repercussions and perhaps some of the issue being resolved in court.

This is similar to asking your client not to speak without legal present, in this case there are a bunch of clients.

MrTop

EOG Master
downfall of the astros will not be the cheating but guess who astros looking at to manage? dusty baker

Ray Luca

EOG Master

And why did Altuve bee line for the clubhouse while celebrating the greatest moment in his career.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
if they hire him mlb should give back the draft picks and the 5M as hiring dusty is going to be more than enough punishment.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Now THAT would discourage cheating across the board.

Get caught and Dusty Baker is made manager of your team for the next 5 years.......

That would clean the game up very quickly, LOL.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
saw someone on twitter go through a bunch of videos that showed altuve getting his jersey ripped off by teammates after a game winning hit but now this one instance, where he could have been wired up, he doesn't want it to happen and throws his wife under the bus stating she doesn't like that.

does she make him wear a t shirt when he showers after the game. you know cuz seeing altuve's bare chest might cause some dudes to get all horned up.

railbird

EOG Master
Yanks cry abt cheating, but Aaron boone stuck needle up his ass with his brother. Glad no MLB season this yr, that way Astros still the Champions of MLB and the fans can snivel, F the mlb fans that snivel abt Astros.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Yanks cry abt cheating, but Aaron boone stuck needle up his ass with his brother. Glad no MLB season this yr, that way

Astros still the Champions of MLB

and the fans can snivel, F the mlb fans that snivel abt Astros.
What about the Washington Nationals ?