Attitude about dating from the coolest chick I ever knew?

This would be about from 1988 give or take a year. I lived in Colorado Springs from about 1987-1989 before going to Vegas for my 5-6 years there.

Some of the coolest and most laid back people you'd ever get to know reside there, including my brother that moved there in 1972 after graduating from high school and going to college at CSU.

Anyhow this chick named Sandra had the following philosophy about dating. She was a pretty average looking girl herself, maybe a tad better than average.

People that live there tend to be very non judgemental and just coexist peacefully with other people.

Sandy's philosophy was she would give any guy one date to get to know him and give him a chance. Stuff like age, race, looks, wealth,etc. Meant zero to her, she certainly wasn't going out with you to get a free dinner.

She would give you that shot, unless you totally creeped her out from the start which would be close to impossible to do

Coolest woman I've ever known in my
life, lots of people like that in Colo rado.

The way people there think and act is very different than anywhere else. You might think Southern California is laid back, but Colorado is right there with them, from a guy that spent years in both places

Last edited by a moderator:
But going back to Sandy, her attitude was just unique and amazing!

No other woman would do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Doug, I've recently received some criticism of your contributions from respected EOG members who feel your input is not sports-related.

They claim your topics on not relevant on a sports message betting board and merely distract from the ultimate goal of the website.

I don't have a problem with your input, but I respect the opinions of the contributors who are complaining.

Your thoughts?

mr merlin

EOG Master
Doug, I've recently received some criticism of your contributions from respected EOG members who feel your input is not sports-related.

They claim your topics on not relevant on a sports message betting board and merely distract from the ultimate goal of the website.

I don't have a problem with your input, but I respect the opinions of the contributors who are complaining.

Your thoughts?
This is a common complaint among control freaks on various message boards, they're quick to anger, but weak by nature( which is why they read threads that dont interest them).

Complaining gives them a feeling of importance, the best course of action is to humor them by implying you're monitoring the situation, yet do nothing. The whiners will feel they have your ear(and are thus empowered) , no one else will care either way.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I hate to control any contributions, especially when the Ignore feature is available with this software.

If you don't like someone's contributions, merely place their posts on Ignore.

Only one rule here: Free speech but no hate speech.

It's not all that important to me frankly, John !

This board has been pretty dead for many years anyway and tradionally off topic stuff gets posted a lot.

I can go away if desired, I often do for many months or even years at a time

Probably no need to go so far as banning me but I'll voluntarily leave on my own if unwelcome, no biggie to me

lap18

EOG Dedicated
Yep go away. Take your fkn cat stories, women dating stories, and all of the other nonsense with you.