Ausmus fired!

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Ausmus got fired after one season w/ the Angels. The guy should have never had a chance in Detroit, it was the wrong hire from the get-go. They gave the keys to a Ferrari in Detroit to a nobody.

In Detroit, and in LA, his teams took on his personality, which was similar to a corpse. Dead and Cold. He hung around here way too long, and at least the Angels could see what a farce he really was and cut their losses short.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Terrible hire to begin with

That has to mean Maddon will be taking over. You don't fire someone after 1 year unless you already have someone lined up to take his place.

Heim

EOG Master
Wow....I truly thought they'd give him one more year considering a lot of pitching injuries & Skaggs....

It's Maddon for sure.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Angels need the 2016 Maddon, not the 2019 version of Ol' Joe.

Feels like he checked out after his contract was not renewed earlier this year.

Look for trips to Disneyland to replace batting practice in Anaheim.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Padres beat them to the punch, firing Green last week, giving them a week's lead time on Maddon. Also, Giants knew all season that
Bochy wasn't coming back. Probably many options for Maddon.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Padres beat them to the punch, firing Green last week, giving them a week's lead time on Maddon. Also, Giants knew all season that

100% agree. If I was Maddon I'd much rather take the Fathers job than Angels. Padres should be able to compete for a playoff spot as early as 2020. Angels won't be a playoff team for a good 3-5 years at minimum. As long as Pujols has 2 more years left he will continue to be the rally killer he is

Valuist

EOG Master
Not that I'm a fan of Ausmus, but 1 year? WTF did you hire him for in the first place? Really reflects poorly on an organization when they do that. It tells me they are either too impatient, or they were too lazy to do enough due diligence before the hire.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

SF didn't want to pay Bochy, very doubtful they would pay Madden. Agree with winky, think he ends up with the Padres.

Heim

EOG Master
Barajas is Padres first choice...he managed a lot of their guys in AA & AAA. The organization wants some continuity now that there not far from a playoff contender.

Heim

EOG Master
Halos cleaning house today....Maddon already giving demands.

Showalter & Girardi rumored front runners re Philly.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I hope the Cubs become the Detroit Tigers or the Baltimore Orioles of today as they are such douchebag fans. Talk about thinking their shit doesn't stink after decades of being the lovable losers.

Well I hope all these fksticks go right back to praying to win 75 games again for a very very long time. To think that Joe Madden was the problem is mindboggling.

Valuist

EOG Master
Kapler looked overmatched from the moment early in 2018 when he called to bring in a reliever who hadn't even warmed up.

Valuist

EOG Master
I hope the Cubs become the Detroit Tigers or the Baltimore Orioles of today as they are such douchebag fans. Talk about thinking their shit doesn't stink after decades of being the lovable losers.

Well I hope all these fksticks go right back to praying to win 75 games again for a very very long time. To think that Joe Madden was the problem is mindboggling.

I don't think I've heard one Cub fan say they felt they were entitled to win any more titles. Most were happy to have gotten one, which despite what many seem to believe, can never be taken away. Sounds like you have a lot of deep bitterness.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I don't think I've heard one Cub fan say they felt they were entitled to win any more titles. Most were happy to have gotten one, which despite what many seem to believe, can never be taken away. Sounds like you have a lot of deep bitterness.

I hate entitled sound whiny bitches. Getting rid of a manager like Madden is beyond dumb. Look at how the Dodgers were messed up by a guy who doesn't understand how to manage in tight games.

I hate entitled sound whiny bitches. Getting rid of a manager like Madden is beyond dumb. Look at how the Dodgers were messed up by a guy who doesn't understand how to manage in tight games.

They didn't get really get rid of him, I think the time had come for them to mutually part ways. Ausmus and Kapler were fired.

Smart teams need to keep the manager seat fluid, there are phases to running a team. A team rebuilding needs a certain type of manager, a team that's got pieces but needs to put them together needs another guy (Maddon good at this), a team with top talent and needs handling to manage the egos and playing time needs another (Roberts obviously not a great choice here). Maddon is going to the right spot in Anaheim if it happens, I think the Padres aren't quite there yet with the pieces and Philly, while having not won yet, feels more like the last group with all the players they have signed and all that may get signed this off season. I think the last group is best with a former player who commanded some respect in the locker room, like Cora or Girardi. Would have been interested to see Mattingly saying screw this clown show and put himself out there as a free agent. I think his skills would have worked better in Philly.