AVG has ruined me.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
I cant get this AVG free virus shit off my computer, when i go to programs to 'uninstall' i try to uninstall this stuff (how it got there i have no idea) and when i click uninstall, this box opens that says "installing". Now, i have this thing popping up on my computer that says it wants to reboot the system, and i can't get rid of that now either.

Geeks, Help!

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: AVG has ruined me.

Did you try uninstalling it through control panel? Control panel ---> programs ----> add/remove programs or uninstall program (windows 7)

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Thanks. I downloaded the 'uninstaller' and it worked (fingers crossed)

Thanks DWI.

Dio, if you go thru the normal process of uninstalling, it doesnt work, you have to download this 'uninstaller'. It appears that it worked for me.

Thanks. I downloaded the 'uninstaller' and it worked (fingers crossed)

Thanks DWI.

Dio, if you go thru the normal process of uninstalling, it doesnt work, you have to download this 'uninstaller'. It appears that it worked for me.

Revo removes all remnants of any program while the built in uninstallers will only remove core objects. I'm glad it worked for ya!

BTW...AVG is a great anti-virus. If you have problems like Flamingo Kid did, then just uninstall it using Revo, and then reinstall the latest version of AVG. You shouldn't have any problems after that.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Switched from avg to avast a couple years ago and won't be going back....both free and both good but avast seems to keep virus definitions more up to date.

Avast here also..too many AVG poups

I get no pop-up from AVG. When you install AVG and it asks you to install the "the recommened" way or "manual" way. Always choose the manual set-up. It is not complicated and it allows you to be able pick & choose & to opt out of all the side services (advertising). It is very quick to do. Hope this helps someone.

I would say that Norton is one of the worst anti-virus softwares there are (probably tied with McAfee). AVG is a very good one, but I think that Kaspersky is the best

I agree that Norton & McAfee ARE THE WORST. I give both of them an A+ for marketing and an F- for performance.