BACK SPASMS - The pain is horrific!

I cought it today... i'm 21... have no clue why. I couldn't move for shit, my back was cramping up and the pain was so fucken extreme. I need to rest my hands on something if i dont the pain comes back.

Anyone else got these... i know i pulled a muscle 3 days ago and out of nowhere this shit happened. No joke matter, no joke at all. I read that ice is very good for this sort of problem.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to treat this.

I wish i had some pain killers at this moment man.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Work with Ice and Heat, rotating intervals often to find what works best for you. I can relate to the back issues very well. Having back troubles affects so much of our lives. I have 2 ruptured discs and I am very limited to what I can attempt to do.

The General said:
Work with Ice and Heat, rotating intervals often to find what works best for you. I can relate to the back issues very well. Having back troubles affects so much of our lives. I have 2 ruptured discs and I am very limited to what I can attempt to do.

Howard Stern had terrible back pain and went and seen Dr. Sarno in New York. There were times he had to lie on the floor to do his show.

Stern swears by Sarno he wrote a book on back pain claims its all in the mind
the term is TMS, He was also a guest on Larry King a few years ago and feature on 20/20.

Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection
by John E. Sarno

<!--Book cover--> <!--Description of book-->[SIZE=-1]
lso Available as an eBook
Dr. John E. Sarno, author of the revolutionary book Mind Over Pack Pain, is a medical pioneer whose program has helped thousands of patients overcome their back conditions—without drugs or dangerous surgery. Now, using his latest research into TMS (Tension Myositis Syndrome), Dr. Sarno goes one step further: after identifying stress and other psychological factors in back pain, demonstrates how many of his patients have then gone on to heal themselves without exercise or other physical therapy. Find out:

Why self-motivated and successful people are prone to TMS
How anxiety and repressed anger trigger muscle spasms
How people "train themselves" to experience back pain
How you may get relief from back pain within two to six weeks by recognizing TMS and its causes
With case histories and the results of in-depth mind-body research, Dr. Sarno describes how patients recognize the emotional roots of their TMS and sever the connections between mental and physical pain...and how, just by reading this book, you may start recovering from back pain today.
[/SIZE]

Also a TMS Forum for thousands with back pain

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2

Aristotle

EOG Addicted
I'm 33, and have been fighting bouts of lower back pain off and on since I was 24. For me it comes on instantaneously...usually as I get up off of a chair, sneeze, etc. Ironically I can play baseball, golf, and so on without a problem.

It's pure torture. Sometimes I can't stand, sometimes it goes right down the back of my leg and I literally can't walk. Can last for weeks when it shows up.

Try using ice packs for the first 48 hours, then heat packs afterwards. I've been told to discontinue ice after the first two days (why I don't know). Lay around as much as possible for the first few days, then slowly begin regular routines.

Hope this helps!

I'm going to my girls place right now... she will massage the shit out of my back.

I thought i was going to catch the spasm again but the pain i feel is from the muscle i pulled on sunday. And it seems like it's the source of the whole back pain.

I have to have heat for mine (soak in a hot bath, heating pad, ect). Ice packs work for some people. guess it numbs the pain but it just makes my back tighten up and hurt even more.

Like Aristotle pointed out, it doesn't hurt usually while your playing sports. I guess because you are actually "working' the muscles.

If it gets bad enough, you may have to see a chiropractor or take some meds for it. Hope it doesn't become that serious, since you're just 21. I played sports all through school, and my back didn't start acting up til I was in my late 20's (I'm 32 now)

For me, the pain just comes and goes. I'll feel fine for a month, then my back will hurt like hell for a week. I try to be as active as possible when I'm not hurting, which helps.

Sitting at the computer posting on forums sure does nothing to help my back though :smoke