Bama Drops 7 Spots....

Heim

EOG Master
I wish I was a fly on the wall in Saban's office today.....this puts them in a Dec 27-28 Bowl game.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Alabama's potential NFL draftees may opt to sit out.

Most teams that have potential picks in the NFL draft will have players doing the same....Bowl games are becoming exhibition games for players trying to impress their coaches for more playing time for the following season...as a bettor it has become more difficult to handicap Bowl games...not everyone is trying and there are always suspensions right up until game day...

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Those Alabama kids are going to be preparing for the NFL. If you're Ruggs, Raekwon Davis, Moses you dont play in some stupid bowl game.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Based on the SEC bowl selection process, I would not wager that Alabama will not be selected to play in a Dec 27/28 bowl game.

https://www.secsports.com/article/18165241/bowl-selection-process

Id say Alabama will play in one of these:

Sugar Bowl - Jan 1
Citrus Bowl - Jan 1
Outback Bowl - Jan 1

And if for some strange reason passed over by every one of those bowls:

TaxSlayer Bowl - Jan 2
The Outback and Citrus never thought they would be in a position to land Bama.

the bowls need to do away with the tired conference affiliations. I would like to see them announce the bowls live on tv, starting with the lowest paying and working up.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
The Outback and Citrus never thought they would be in a position to land Bama.

the bowls need to do away with the tired conference affiliations. I would like to see them announce the bowls live on tv, starting with the lowest paying and working up.

Yeah. Just noticed I worded my post wrong. I meant I seriously doubt Alabama plays on December 27-28. They most likely will be playing on January 1.

And to your second point, they are so SLOW with change. So maybe it will happen in 50 years. When they finally gave in and agreed to the BCS game, the only way the Rose Bowl would agree to it is if they still had ties to the Pac10 and Big 10. So many people with their hands in the money jar with this. So that's why change is so tough.