Bama Loss Doesn't Hurt Them....

Heim

EOG Master
Committee is allowed to consider player injuries. Tua not entirely healthy is a blessing. There in it just kills teams like Georgia, OU and Oregon.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Yeah but if LSU, Clemson and Ohio State wins out and Oklahoma wins the Big 12, it would be tough to pick them over OU

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Maybe some smaller school but not OU

Plus this exact same scenario happened two or three years ago, doubt it happens again that soon

boston massacre

EOG Master
Conference Championship Winner is just Another Win.

The Fact that it's a Conference Championship Game doesn't give it More Strength.

It's all about Strength of Opponent/Schedule.

If LSU, Clemson, Ohio St. run the table, they are in.

IF Alabama and Oklahoma both end up with 1 Loss, You have Alabama losing to LSU, and Oklahoma losing to Kansas St.

You tell me who gets in.

I'll Argue Alabama All Day.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
It'll be interesting where Minnesota might end up if they run the table and not all of the above scenarios play out.

boston massacre

EOG Master
To Fuck this whole system up you want Georgia to get to the SEC Championship Game and beat LSU.

Then you have Alabama, LSU, and Georgia finish the season with 1 Loss.

Then have Ohio St. and Clemson go Undefeated.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
To Fuck this whole system up you want Georgia to get to the SEC Championship Game and beat LSU.

No i think if you want disaster you need these schools to all have 1 loss and have it come in the conference championship games to shitty teams.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Committee is allowed to consider player injuries. Tua not entirely healthy is a blessing. There in it just kills teams like Georgia, OU and Oregon.

Couldn't disagree with you more. It kills them and probably KOs them from the Playoffs

The SEC champ - if LSU/UGA - IN
Clemson - IN
Big 10 winner - if an undefeated THE Ohio State or Minnesota - IN
Pac-12 Champ if Oregon/Utah run the table and meet for the title game - IN

IF Baylor runs the table (they won't but if they do) they would jump Bama and get in over them

Bama doesn't have any games left that are quality wins and NOT playing in the SEC Title Game hurts. I think Bama is DONE without a whooooooole lot of help.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I dont know though. There is still too much time and scenarios for all hell to break loose.

If Georgia beats Auburn next weekend and runs the table and wins the SEC title game? LOL

I'm kind of believing the Fromm hype now.

kane

EOG master
Couldn't disagree with you more. It kills them and probably KOs them from the Playoffs

Clemson - IN

IF Baylor runs the table (they won't but if they do) they would jump Bama and get in over them

Bama doesn't have any games left that are quality wins and NOT playing in the SEC Title Game hurts. I think Bama is DONE without a whooooooole lot of help.

I agree with Wish, I don't see a 1 loss Oregon or Utah team getting in ahead of a 1 loss Bama team. As far as not playing in the SEC championship game, the same thing happened recently and they still got in, and like Wish pointed out, Bama beating Auburn is something Oregon didn't do

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Penn State can roll into columbus and shock everybody. Or michigan.

Too much time left. I really believe Georgia has figured things and Fromm is the real deal now.

That doesn’t mess up anything, Alabama 100% gets left out in that scenario.

boston massacre

EOG Master

Clemson - IN

The Conference Championship Games are treated just like another game on the Schedule, and They should be.

If LSU gets to the SEC Championship Game and Loses, They're Still In.

Who you have beaten carries a lot of weight, and LSU has already beaten FOUR Teams ranked in the Top 10.

If they were to lose the SEC Championship Game to Georgia, you can forget about that Oregon/Utah Pac 12 Championship game winner.

Oregon and Utah's Strength of schedule doesn't come close to the schedule that LSU has played.

A 1 Loss Oregon or a 1 Loss Utah is going to get in over a 1 Loss LSU ?

FORGET ABOUT IT !

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
The Conference Championship Games are treated just like another game on the Schedule, and They should be.

If LSU gets to the SEC Championship Game and Loses, They're Still In.

Who you have beaten carries a lot of weight, and LSU has already beaten FOUR Teams ranked in the Top 10.

If they were to lose the SEC Championship Game to Georgia, you can forget about that Oregon/Utah Pac 12 Championship game winner.

Oregon and Utah's Strength of schedule doesn't come close to the schedule that LSU has played.

A 1 Loss Oregon or a 1 Loss Utah is going to get in over a 1 Loss LSU ?

FORGET ABOUT IT !

ZERO argument there. I do agree if LSU loses the N*SEC*AA Champ Game they are still IN - as they should be. It would also mean Georgia is IN and so are Clemson and THE Ohio State if they run the table and Clemson should based on the crappy opponents left they would have to play.

I stand by the fact IF Oregon/Utah runs the table they would finish ahead of Bama in the Playoff Poll.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
But Bama's loss was to the number one team in a close game, OU lost to K St as a 24 point favorite
And what if they just skate thru the rest of the schedule? Have they earned the benefit of the doubt on the field this season? I think that is the difference.

kane

EOG master
And what if they just skate thru the rest of the schedule? Have they earned the benefit of the doubt on the field this season? I think that is the difference.

And if Bama wins out that means a quality win over a pretty good Auburn team at their place, I can't see a 1 loss OU getting in ahead of a 1 loss Bama

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
Need 8 team playoff. Eight is perfect number. Should end any controversy. Probably a few idiots still arguing for 2 loss teams to get in.

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
Penn State can roll into columbus and shock everybody. Or michigan.

Too much time left. I really believe Georgia has figured things and Fromm is the real deal now.[/QUOte
Justin Fields wasn't really given a chance at Georgia. In fair competition he would have beaten Fromm out. JF probably takes Ohio State to national title.