Baseball play 4/6

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated
Tigers ML
Tigers Orioles Under 8.5

Verlander is a quality ace and the O's starting pitching has been stellar this season. With Guthrie getting pushed back due to his illness, Bergeson gets the start. Verlander is 5-0 against the Orioles in 7 starts, and I do not see the O's continuing their great start to the season (to think the O's are first in the AL east while Boston hasn't won a game :LMAO)

Braves Brewers under 9

I will be betting the under for the Braves most of the season, as they have stellar starting pitching and a great bullpen, and a mediocre lineup with no power to help them... Due to Greinke's injury, Marco Estrada is making a spot start, who had a 1.18 era in 5 appearances during spring training. On the other side, Mike Minor is making the start in place of Jurrjens, who is on the DL. Minor had an era of 0.90 in 10 innings during spring training. Both teams batting averages this season are a pathetic .220 and .217, so give me the under all day long...

Buskie

EOG Veteran
Re: Baseball play 4/6

Verlander is coming off a nasty food poising bout, but I don't like Baltimore

brians

EOG Dedicated

O's are a new team with Showalter calling the shots.

Yep - and it started at the end of last season. They played close to .600 ball after Buck took over.

Plus he called out the Sox GM Theo in Spring Training ... basically saying why does he get so much credit when he can spend whatever he wants? I like the attitude. Reminds me a little of when Leyland took over Detroit a few years ago, basically changed the culture of the club.

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

I agree that Baltimore is a new and improved team under Buck, but they are due to lose a game and Verlander is the type of pitcher to shut down their lineup, especially with his past record against them.

Buskie

EOG Veteran

I agree that Baltimore is a new and improved team under Buck, but they are due to lose a game and Verlander is the type of pitcher to shut down their lineup, especially with his past record against them.

The word "DUE" is ugly in gambling

Discreet Cat

EOG Dedicated

I think the Padres are a nice play @ +125 today. Or perhaps even better, +1.5 -145. Stauffer is the goods, should be a tight ballgame.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I think the Padres are a nice play @ +125 today. Or perhaps even better, +1.5 -145. Stauffer is the goods, should be a tight ballgame.

I'll keep an eye on Stauffer. Thanks for the heads-up.

Cat, your best opinions from San Diego usually come at Del Mar.

Discreet Cat

EOG Dedicated

I can hold my own in baseball, i follow it pretty close. You may remember i was on the Giants in the World Series last year. There tends to be good value in baseball, for whatever reason.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

O's are a new team with Showalter calling the shots.

If Steinbrenner does not hastily fire him after the 95 playoffs, he would have had the Joe Torre run, and Joe might still be the 3rd man in the booth somewhere.

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Gotta love the fact that KC and Baltimore are first in their divisions, along with the Pirates being 2nd in their division. How long will that last...

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Sorry Royals, apparently I jinxed you. Nice job giving up 4 runs Soria after getting the first 2 batters out in the 9th

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Under not looking good in the O's game after Bergeson couldn't make it 4 innings... Got to hope for the Verlander shutout