Basketball officials....was the end of Duke game messed up?

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Guy on floor gets the ball. ROLLS over and passes the ball. Then it looks like ball handler double dribbles.

Boy where is the home cooking?

150 straight non conference home wins should mean something to the refs.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
i saw the play it was iffy but i don't think was a bad no-call. dove for ball, was on his stomach/side, turned over in place, his waist didn't move around, just sat up on his ass and passed the ball. if you dive for a loose ball and slide after gaining control on the ground, there's no violation.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Yeah it's almost like avoiding a tie up in which alternating possession would prevail. We especially see this a lot in the NBaA when it comes to diving for loose balls. Wish colleges went back to the jump ball like the pros did. Why potentially discredit the defense because the arrow is not pointing their way? My attention was focused on having to see if the attempted layup had beaten the clock which it did. Looked like a pissed Coach K didn't know what hit him.

kane

EOG master
Guy on floor gets the ball. ROLLS over and passes the ball. Then it looks like ball handler double dribbles.

Home cooking? When a team plays Duke anywhere, but especially at Cameron Indoor, that team is playing 5 against 8. It's ridiculous the calls they get, and have gotten for the past three decades. I don't know if the kid from SFA committed a violation or not, I do know when you're favored by 28 points the game shouldn't come down to the final possession, credit to SFA for pulling off a minor miracle. Also, the kid that made the game winning layup is from the Bahamas, and apparently his family lost everything in the Hurricane that hit there, just a great story all around and a memory those kids will keep forever

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Fabulous celebration after the winning layup.

Remember a few years ago when a Wisconsin sharpshooter nailed a corner 3-ball at the buzzer and then fell into the arms of his celebrating teammates on the bench?

Searching for his name now.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I'm OK with it. If I had been that official down low by play I'd let it go.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Home cooking? When a team plays Duke anywhere, but especially at Cameron Indoor, that team is playing 5 against 8. It's ridiculous the calls they get, and have gotten for the past three decades. I don't know if the kid from SFA committed a violation or not, I do know when you're favored by 28 points the game shouldn't come down to the final possession, credit to SFA for pulling off a minor miracle. Also, the kid that made the game winning layup is from the Bahamas, and apparently his family lost everything in the Hurricane that hit there, just a great story all around and a memory those kids will keep forever
I was trolling. I understand duke 8 on 5 bb. I hope i didnt cause you to have to double the blood pressure meds.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Rolling over with the ball is a walk. The double dribble at the end is tough. Was there a controlled dribble pause and another dribble? The variable there is controlled. I watched it three times and felt an argument could be made either way.