Baylor vs Washington

I need an explanation on Baylor from somebody....anybody. I think this line is ridiculous... They have the absolute worst defense in the country. Yeah Washington is 7-5, but 3 of those loss's are to excellent teams...Oregon, Stanford, USC and Neb isn't all that bad either.
Keith Price has a great arm (25td's/11ints) and not to mention RB Polk has 15 TD's.
Huskies have been in shootouts all year, this one isn't going to be any different...
Now lets add the fact the RG3 has been getting his cock sucked by the media for the past 2 months, everyone telling him how great he is. Winning the heisman... All eyes are on him here. While Washington is just sitting back with nothing to do but get ready for this game.
The heisman jinx works once again...

30,000 Wagers placed, 82% of them are on Baylor. This game couldn't be set up any better for Washington.

+9.5/+10 and +325ml This is my 2nd biggest bet of the bowl games (Temple was BB)

Re: Baylor vs Washington

I don't get it either. Possibly a combination of RGII Heisman Hype and the fact the game is being played in San Antonio. The Huskies definitly can play within the number and even get the outright. I'm waiting to get +10 or more. I have a feeling this line will drop closer to kickoff.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

Bet +10 a few times & clearly feel that Wash gives a nice effort.I'll give the ml a shot too Mic.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Let's hope Washington is as easy as Temple.

Good luck, Micelli.:cheers

WVU

EOG Master

The public wins this play. Baylor clearly the better team and wash will not keep up with the scoring. Baylor by over 2 tds

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

I think its the obvious sharp side yes...

but nice recap Mic

they Baylor have not won a bowl since 1992 however and this is not an historic type of program. this is a pretty special group of players for a non special Baylor program so I do think that the motivation and team unity and prep will be reasonable for them..he did win the award but it was a fluke late comeback to get it he was not even in the top 3 in October... like the spread not the money line

railbird

EOG Master

ASU and Cal made the Pac 12 look bad. Sarkisian is no prize. neither is Washingtons defense.

High Times

EOG Master

HT surely likes the favorite as in any game

I like money.

I bet numbers.

Sometimes the favorites are good bets.

Don't know what you are talking about either as you just guess and guess what I am doing.

But I don't blame you.

You can always ask me what the right side of any game is.

:btj:

High Times

EOG Master

And I think the league will get worse at a national level with an emphasis on point production over point prevention.

They will get an early look at that today.

Point production will be very IMPORTANT tonight if Washington has any chance of winning.

tripp

EOG Master

I want to agree with everyone Washington as Baylor seems uber-square, but I don't see how the hell Baylor doesn't score tds whenever they want to in this game. Washington defense is pathetic. Hate to buy into Heisman hype before a bowl game, but RG3 should do whatever he wants to on offense.

Baylor does have a bad defense so that could cost them the spread, but Washington might need to score near 40 to cover.

This one will be too easy

:pop:

Don't get caught trying to over think this one.

Not sure how I over thought this game. Approached it like I do every other game I cap.
Sure Baylor is the better team here, I never said that they weren't. I just don't think their defense is good enough to cover the number.

IMO this game is going to come down to one thing... Baylor stopping the run (currently giving up 200 ypg). If washington can can establish a running game early, which they should be able to do with Polk, it will make Baylor stack the box and then it will obviously open up the pass for Price.
Establishing the run game will tire out this already shitty defense of Baylor and at the same time keep RG3 off the field. Washington is also in the + category in the turnover ratio.

High Times

EOG Master

I want to agree with everyone Washington as Baylor seems uber-square, but I don't see how the hell Baylor doesn't score tds whenever they want to in this game. Washington defense is pathetic. Hate to buy into Heisman hype before a bowl game, but RG3 should do whatever he wants to on offense.

Baylor does have a bad defense so that could cost them the spread, but Washington might need to score near 40 to cover.

This

Hey nobody likes to bet dogs and go against the public more then me, but sometimes it is just the right bet.

This is an enjoy your game today recreational bettors.

I will wait for an in-game bet hoping Washington gets an early lead and I can bet Baylor at -7 or less. Then I will jump all over it.

In-game only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

But good luck to everyone

High Times

EOG Master

Not sure how I over thought this game. Approached it like I do every other game I cap.
Sure Baylor is the better team here, I never said that they weren't. I just don't think their defense is good enough to cover the number.

IMO this game is going to come down to one thing... Baylor stopping the run (currently giving up 200 ypg). If washington can can establish a running game early, which they should be able to do with Polk, it will make Baylor stack the box and then it will obviously open up the pass for Price.
Establishing the run game will tire out this already shitty defense of Baylor and at the same time keep RG3 off the field. Washington is also in the + category in the turnover ratio.

Dude good luck!

Your opinion on this game is awesome.

I will not lay more then -7. So I would think you are on the right side (number wise)

but

I see a wide open game where RG3 will be allowed to do what he wants and that could lead to a lot of things.

I will watch the game and hope Washington gets a lead and I can get Baylor at -7 or less at sometime during the game. If that doesn't happen I will have no bet on the game.

Good luck.

Wouldn't bother me a bit to see Washington lose by 7, 8, or 9 .....

:pop:

munson15

I want winners...

This

Hey nobody likes to bet dogs and go against the public more then me, but sometimes it is just the right bet.

I will wait for an in-game bet hoping Washington gets an early lead and I can bet Baylor at -7 or less. Then I will jump all over it.

Do you always fade momentum when you bet ingame? I feel I'm behind the curve, normally I wait for the second half since there are fewer variables the shorter the game gets.

Apple

Banned

Been on Washington since the lines came out and locked in 9? thinking line might move and didnt think it would ever reach 10..

Washington has a very good QB and a GREAT RB and a great in-game coach.. Washington has the offense to go back and forth with Baylor, no doubt.. Baylor's defense is horrendous and they really shouldnt be DD faves vs anyone with a pulse..

Wash is the play.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

This

My goodness. Just blindly looking for an in game play no matter how game is going. Wow, High Times proving his stupidity yet again, just like in that thread with Fishhead. You taking about a vast difference in knowing how to win.

High Times

EOG Master

My goodness. Just blindly looking for an in game play no matter how game is going. Wow, High Times proving his stupidity yet again, just like in that thread with Fishhead. You taking about a vast difference in knowing how to win.

Another stalker back

How have you been fantasy guy?

High Times

EOG Master

Do you always fade momentum when you bet ingame? I feel I'm behind the curve, normally I wait for the second half since there are fewer variables the shorter the game gets.

That's where the value lies

It's one of the hardest things to do, but can be worth it.

Florida State was +602 in-game :pop: +300 when they were only down 7-0

The thing I am learning is that in almost 80% of these games (all sports except hockey) the games go back and forth. That is where you get some good stuff.

And remember I am trying to get great numbers on both sides of these games. I keep some, but for the most part I will grab the other side if I get into a great position.

I throw away winners and save some losers.

Overall it's working out pretty good.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

call me a square..wash D is piss poor and Baylor offense is more explosive..Baylor for me

Buskie

EOG Veteran

The thing I am learning is that in almost 80% of these games (all sports except hockey) the games go back and forth. That is where you get some good stuff.

And remember I am trying to get great numbers on both sides of these games. I keep some, but for the most part I will grab the other side if I get into a great position.

Leads go away all the time in the NBA

High Times

EOG Master

1 thing that has been really good is when NBA games start fast with a lot of scoring in the first 5 to 6 minutes I will look to bet under the higher adjusted number.

I am getting some great numbers there.

The books are adjusting as they are not making the adjustments so high, but it still is a good strategy as most bettors are looking to bet the game over and I have been getting the unders at a +money.

Good luck

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks for the explanation, seems the key is to play a team that doesn't look good at the time, knowing momentum will most likely switch.

High Times

EOG Master

Thanks for the explanation, seems the key is to play a team that doesn't look good at the time, knowing momentum will most likely switch.

It's better to NOT watch the games and just bet the numbers.

That's the problem (for me any how)

Watching the games gives you almost no value because what you have just watched is not what you want to continue.

I mean if a game is 204 and they score 25 points in the first 5 minutes and they make the in-game total 210 then you would go under the 210. That is a tough thing to do until you do it enough and see that most of the games come right back to where they should be.

It works better for under's too. Low scoring starts seem to be bad over bets. They don't lower them enough to make it worth betting over.

Totals are way better for this then sides.

Not even close

munson15

I want winners...

Interesting take. I can see where there would be an overreaction to an early flurry of points.

High Times

EOG Master

This washington/baylor game is a classic

I already got Washington +12 1/2 (+121)

And got Baylor -8 (-101) and -8 1/2 (-101)

Got more on the Washington side. I will end up with more on Washington.

This game could go back and forth all night.

Good luck

brians

EOG Dedicated

Only saw Washington play once this season ... has their defense been this bad all year? I've seen the stats and all but good grief they are gross.

So much for the Heisman hangover