Belmont Stakes

1. Master Of Hounds- Very talented horse. Ran a very nice Derby. Is bred to run all day. O'brien is not bringing him across the ocean just to get free tickets. I think he has a shot at what should be a very nice price.

2.Stay Thirsty- Still hasn't run a Beyer figure in the 90s. Pass.

3.Ruler On Ice- Nice horse but doesn't really belong with these. Second in The Tessio and 3rd in the Sun. Toss.

4.Santiva- Ran a nice Derby and has been working out regularly since then. May actually run a little closer to the pace in this one.

5.Brilliant Speed- Was 7th in the Derby. Likes to come from way off pace.Gonna be hard to do here.

6.Nehro- Ran a beautiful Derby. Fresh horse coming in. Should stay close to a slow pace. I like him.

7.Monzon- Coming from the Peter Pan which has produced it's share of Belmont winners. However did not run well there and it's hard to make a case for him here.

8.Prime Cut- Got 3rd in PP. Stays close to the pace which will help here.Possible.

9. Animal Kingdom- Definitely the class of the 3 year old crop. How much does he have left? Still looks like a horse full of run. Should like the distance.

10. Mucho Macho Man- has had some very bad luck with shoes. Bringing in a new blacksmith to address those problems. Also getting an upgrade in jocks. Should take some money at the windows. Nice work on the 5th. Has a shot.

11. Isn't He Perfect- Why are they running this horse?

12. Shackleford- Lone legit speed. Gonna try to steal this race on the front end. Question is how much he has left. A prime candidate for a bounce.

Re: Belmont Stakes

Contrary to popular opinion speed horses do win the Belmont. Shack will have the lead and the fractions should be slow. I think Hounds, Nehro and Prime Cut will all try to stay close to him. Maybe even MMM.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

master came for the derby and stayed here they did not ship him back and forth but your point is a good one..they kept him here as they think he is the Belmont winner...

cheapseats

EOG Master

shack from the outside has to be able to clear quickly on the short-to-run 1st turn.....maybe

Master of hounds and Nehro are my exacta horses as of now. I think Shackleford and Animal Kingdom have burned themselves out. This is a very weak group of 3 year olds, so anything can happen.

I think he'll make the lead easily Cheap. In fact I think he keeps the lead into the far turn. That's when Hounds and Nehro will press him. If Shack was a fresher horse I would bet my house on him in this spot. However I think he is gonna be spent. I therefore think the first horse to make a move on him [Nehro and Hounds] are gonna be in the driver's seat. While the deep closers are gonna have a tough time because of the soft fractions I envision.

Master of hounds and Nehro are my exacta horses as of now. I think Shackleford and Animal Kingdom have burned themselves out. This is a very weak group of 3 year olds, so anything can happen.

My thinking exactly Junk. However I can see AK getting up for third.

Also remember, "Test of Champions" is a rider's race as well. Move too early and your done. See Stu Elliott and Kent D.

Even though, AK has Johnny V I'm don't want to play him b/c of his odds and b/c I don't know what he's got left in the tank.

Still seaching for that horse/Jock combo that can steal it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Also remember, "Test of Champions" is a rider's race as well. Move too early and your done. See Stu Elliott and Kent D.

Even though, AK has Johnny V I'm don't want to play him b/c of his odds and b/c I don't know what he's got left in the tank.

Still seaching for that horse/Jock combo that can steal it.

Sharp post.

The Belmont Stakes is a tactical race.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Thanks for the Belmont rundown, Willy.

My treat to The Pirate Club in early July.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

12. Shackleford- Lone legit speed. Gonna try to steal this race on the front end. Question is how much he has left. A prime candidate for a bounce.

Not sure he has the rateable speed to win it. If he has it his own way and can rate, less likely to bounce

Poster X

EOG Enthusiast

animal kingdom by far the class amongst this crop. got boxed in baltimore but best by far. freshness gives nehro-ak exacta box.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

animal kingdom by far the class amongst this crop. got boxed in baltimore but best by far. freshness gives nehro-ak exacta box.

I rarely agree with Poster X, but I think he nailed the Belmont Stakes exacta.

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

The Prisoner
TV series 1967
<IFRAME height=510 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zalndXdxriI" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

I'm putting the old line through his Preakness race and going with
Mucho Macho Man.

I like the switch to Ramon Dominguez, who has been this hot this meet.

Hope he stays at or beyond his 10-1 ML odds.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Master of Hounds and Brilliant Speed will run 1-2.

Box em up and smile when you greet the cashier!

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated

I think Santiva is a live longshot in here. Excuse in the Blue Grass, working well after the derby. 1.5 miles should not be an issue. He's my pick to upset.

nedrow9

EOG Master

starten to think a horse with 5 weeks off will win and pay 40.00 ,been a 40 dollar winner a 27, cappen a 1 1/2 race is tuff at best

cheapseats

EOG Master

i am seeing rain forecast, how does this change things, if at all.....have to think it will slow things down

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Released the ONE horse yesterday, didn't know I had this much of a following with nags..........:btj:

You don't....you backed into the wise guy selection....

Seriously, the 1 is live, but you won't get close to 10-1....maybe 3-1 or 7/2...

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Once again, no respect for Shackleford. Hounds is like a co fav off the double and Shack is approx 7-1

Heim

EOG Master

current conditions:

track muddy.....rain expected during race. This according to
Jonathan Hardoon of Ragozin.