Best game so far in the playoffs

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: Best game so far in the playoffs

Disagree. Two bad teams with zero defense. Where's the D? Last one who touches the ball wins is not my idea of a 'best game'

Gimme the 6-3 final, from the 1970s anyday of the week.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Bad defense? Did you watch the first 55 minutes of the game?

It was a great game, indeed. And yet...it was blacked out in the entire South Florida market for those with Directv. Evidently, there is an ongoing contract dispute between WSVN Fox and Directv and so the game was blacked out here. I had to watch the game on my computer at firstrowsports.tv, but at least I was able to watch it.

I have never encountered that problem ever before.

Sorry, best game was Denver spiking PIT in OT...

...number of TV screens tuned to the game agree with me.

J

joeybagadonuts

Disagree. Two bad teams with zero defense. Where's the D? Last one who touches the ball wins is not my idea of a 'best game'

:LMAO

Niners D played very well as did the Saints.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Wow that's unfuckinreal doughboy. I would be absolutely irate.

Watching some of those throws Alex made in the final 4 minutes....those aren't throws he would have completed in years past, especially those 2 to Vern on that final drive. They were exactly where they needed to be at the right time. Great feeling watching those highlights. :houra

Wow that's unfuckinreal doughboy. I would be absolutely irate.

Watching some of those throws Alex made in the final 4 minutes....those aren't throws he would have completed in years past, especially those 2 to Vern on that final drive. They were exactly where they needed to be at the right time. Great feeling watching those highlights. :houra
Alex Smith played very well those last few drives, better than I can recall ever seeing from him. Jim Harbaugh has done an amazing job and I was impressed with the offensive play-calling late, particularly the bootleg play by Smith which scored the touchdown with a minute and change left.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Nothing more boring than a 6-3 football game

tripp

EOG Master

Huh? SF has the best defense in the NFL..

I agree NO games can be rough to watch sometimes with the lack of defense..sometimes looks like a college game

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Huh? SF has the best defense in the NFL..

I agree NO games can be rough to watch sometimes with the lack of defense..sometimes looks like a college game

Not to nit pick, but Pittsburgh defense was better

J

joeybagadonuts

Not to nit pick, but Pittsburgh defense was better

By .1 of a point a game?

Steelers gave up a little less total yards per game.

Niners led them 51-17 to takeaways.

Niner also had more sacks.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

By .1 of a point a game?

Steelers gave up a little less total yards per game.

Niners led them 51-17 to takeaways.

Niner also had more sacks.

Points/game isn't very helpful with a 16 game sample. There are other metrics that rate Pittsburgh better, but even YDS/game is better than pts/game. Takeaways are massively random. It's close and not worth arguing, just hate the definitive "best in the league/nation" type statements. That was what drove me to post, not to rip on SF's very very good defense.

J

joeybagadonuts

Points/game isn't very helpful with a 16 game sample. There are other metrics that rate Pittsburgh better, but even YDS/game is better than pts/game. Takeaways are massively random. It's close and not worth arguing, just hate the definitive "best in the league/nation" type statements.

:cheers