Best NBA Power Ratings

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
As long as you are aware of the cheating by officials in the NBA you shoud be ok. PR mean nothing to me either.

General EXACTLY, thats why I don't bet the NBA anymore. Way too many refs on the take, that any blind fool can see are fixing the games.

I have a hard enough time picking winners without having to worry about what those fools are betting.

JJ when everyone has access to the same numbers they become meaningless. It is all in the interpretation or in the case of the NBA whomever the refs have bet.

But in a vaccuum if you give guys the same power rating and they are typical bettors theywill all pick the same side. Simply because the info is all the same.

I hate conformity when it comes to information. Or I should say I hate it when people use it that I don't want to see get taken for a ride. Obviously if I like the opposite side that the "information" picks I get the best of it. So is a catch-22 I guess.

Power ratings

Power ratings

I agree with both sides as PR are bad if you are using them to pick a side. But as for me they are essential. You may ask why and here is the answer?

I work very hard during the offseason to make my own ratings. When I handicap a game I make my own line but i do like to compare my PR vs another PR for strength of schedule purposes. It is a very useful tool when evaluating teams and strength of opponents but the key is to be consistent. For example if you start the season using Sagarin then you must used them the whole year.... So I do like them in that sense..... other than that i agree they are useless.....OB